iOS Jailbreak Thread

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Looks like blob capture in Cydia is back online. Just checked and all my devices are showing their blobs. :D

#62 akbeast17

akbeast17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Any good message apps for iphone? My iphone can't do group messages so I was wondering if any message apps that would help me with that.

#63 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Any good message apps for iphone? My iphone can't do group messages so I was wondering if any message apps that would help me with that.

You want to save a group or you just want to text several people at once? I use BiteSMS and have a 3 way conversation all the time.

#64 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

For people wanting a way to download files and then use/look at them I would suggest Safari Download Manager and iFile. I use both all the time.

#65 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have f.lux and tweetbot. No issues. You sure all your cydia apps/tweaks are iOS 6 compatible?

They are as far as I could tell. There must be some conflict, though. I may try f.lux again later, although to me I think I'd rather have a tool that lets you manual adjust the display, not something that works based on time of day.

And hooray for SHSH Blob saving again. :)

Crunchewy.png

#66 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

They are as far as I could tell. There must be some conflict, though. I may try f.lux again later, although to me I think I'd rather have a tool that lets you manual adjust the display, not something that works based on time of day.

And hooray for SHSH Blob saving again. :)

f.lux uses your location and looks up sunrise/sunset and gradually adjusts the display based on that.

#67 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yes, I get that, but I'd rather just have a slider I can move to adjust the color temperature as needed, especially since my lighting situation changes depending on where I am. Do you know of anything like that available?

Crunchewy.png

#68 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yes, I get that, but I'd rather just have a slider I can move to adjust the color temperature as needed, especially since my lighting situation changes depending on where I am. Do you know of anything like that available?

Color Profiles

Posted Image

#69 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

That one looks weird. The color profiles are just bizarre. Plus it's not free. I guess I'll wait for an update or two on f.lux and hope it doesn't conflict with anything I've got then.

Crunchewy.png

#70 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

A lot of the apps use up the battery way too much
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#71 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

A lot of the apps use up the battery way too much

Yes, you install something that makes the phone do extra things in the background and the battery will be used up faster than usual.

#72 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try a restore, because the problem I have with resprings causing a series of long reboots is a real pain in the ass with something like SBSettings. Make a change like order of the icons and ... respring ... boot... boot... boot. Ouch. :( But I'm worried it won't help because some jailbreak stuff gets saved in backups. I really don't want to start with a clean slate and not restore from backup. iCleanup didn't help. Is there a tool which will clean up/remove all jailbreak stuff and start the jailbreak with a clean slate?

This problem doesn't happen on my newly jailbroken for the first time iPad 2, so I presume it's some long leftover junk causing the issues, that was saved in backups from a previous jailbreak. Not sure, though.

Speaking of which, apparently you should never ever use the "reset all settings" or "erase all content and settings" options in Settings->General->Reset. If jailbroken and you use either of those options you are screwed. You need to do a restore with iTunes. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.

Crunchewy.png

#73 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try a restore, because the problem I have with resprings causing a series of long reboots is a real pain in the ass with something like SBSettings. Make a change like order of the icons and ... respring ... boot... boot... boot. Ouch. :( But I'm worried it won't help because some jailbreak stuff gets saved in backups. I really don't want to start with a clean slate and not restore from backup. iCleanup didn't help. Is there a tool which will clean up/remove all jailbreak stuff and start the jailbreak with a clean slate?

This problem doesn't happen on my newly jailbroken for the first time iPad 2, so I presume it's some long leftover junk causing the issues, that was saved in backups from a previous jailbreak. Not sure, though.

Speaking of which, apparently you should never ever use the "reset all settings" or "erase all content and settings" options in Settings->General->Reset. If jailbroken and you use either of those options you are screwed. You need to do a restore with iTunes. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.

^I did the reset all settings a few months ago and lost my jailbreak. I even left it for 15 hours until I gave up.
Posted Image

#74 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Just spent the $2 to upgrade to Music Controls Pro 6.0+. Great tweak.

#75 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Unpower came out. Makes the phone chirp when you pull out the cord and aren't charging anymore.

Also, added the edgy HD slider to my lock screen. Love it.

Posted Image

#76 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Does anyone here use the android lock xt? When I installed it, I wanted to KEEP my regular passcode ON, just incase my phone crashes and goes to safe mode. I messed around with the settings and it won't let me keep my passcode on DURING safe mode. And if I leave the passcode on with the androidlock, it makes me enter both passwords.

The andriod lock is pretty useless also if you have sbsettings enabled on the lockscreen
Posted Image

#77 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Does anyone here use the android lock xt? When I installed it, I wanted to KEEP my regular passcode ON, just incase my phone crashes and goes to safe mode. I messed around with the settings and it won't let me keep my passcode on DURING safe mode. And if I leave the passcode on with the androidlock, it makes me enter both passwords.

The andriod lock is pretty useless also if you have sbsettings enabled on the lockscreen

Try Exchange Unlock.

#78 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I had another crash yesterday. There are definitely downsides to jailbreak hacks. I was originally going to just install MyWi and call it a day, but I didn't stick to it. Probably I should go back to that plan.

Crunchewy.png

#79 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Trial and error is part of having a jailbreak especially with recently updated firmware. My intelliscreenX was crashing every time I cleared a notification. Turns out that BadgeClear was the culprit. The benefits outweight the downsides by far. If you are gonna get upset when springboard crashes to safe mode protecting you from something you most likely did wrong, then maybe jailbreaking isn't for you. Just be happy that it is virtually impossible to brick your device unlike almost any other mobile OS.

#80 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I do think it's worthwhile, but I am probably going to scale back. Oh, and in this case it didn't crash to safe mode, it was a straight up reboot (which on my iPhone 4, means multiple boots in a row. :( It didn't go to safe mode.

Crunchewy.png

#81 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I do think it's worthwhile, but I am probably going to scale back. Oh, and in this case it didn't crash to safe mode, it was a straight up reboot (which on my iPhone 4, means multiple boots in a row. :( It didn't go to safe mode.

Did you OTA update to 6.1 or through iTunes? You might want to upgrade to the newest firmware too since it is still jailbreakable.

#82 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I did an OTA update to 6.1. Is it better to upgrade via iTunes for some reason (I mean before the jailbreak - I know you can't OTA after jailbreak)? Why?

Also, if I update to 6.1.2 via iTunes, I then have to re-jailbreak, right?

Crunchewy.png

#83 evopledooft

evopledooft

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

靴 クリスチャンルブタン
ルブタン

#84 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm still looking/waiting for a nice file transfer app that is compatible and is faster than the built in ifile transfer.

#85 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I did an OTA update to 6.1. Is it better to upgrade via iTunes for some reason (I mean before the jailbreak - I know you can't OTA after jailbreak)? Why?

You broke rule #1 my friend. Evaders said that you need to update via iTunes otherwise you will run into issues. You need to do a backup and then restore/update via iTunes then restore to your iCloud or iTunes backup. You will have to re-jailbreak the phone after you update.

#86 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Restoring is a pain in the ass, but I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

Crunchewy.png

#87 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Restoring is a pain in the ass, but I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

Not these days. Quick restore and iCloud restore from backup. It's actually pretty painless since iCloud will put everything the back the way it was including downloading all the apps you had.

#88 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

The recommended way to jailbreak is to do a manual DFU restore first. Then after everything is wiped back to the factory standard, you can restore whatever backup you had or start fresh. Evasion made a point leading up to release to not do OTA updates prior to jailbreaking.

#89 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

What is a "manual DFU restore"? Last night I plugged my iPhone 4 into the computer and did a restore from iTunes, and then I restored from iCloud (which I found out you can't do in iTunes - you have to do that from the phone). Anyway, is that a "manual DFU restore" or do I need to restore again, and how?

I haven't re-jailbroken yet. I had to let the thing restore from iCloud overnight and didn't have time this morning. I think I lost a few apps in the process because they were no longer available, but I don't know what they were. Probably just as well.

Crunchewy.png

#90 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

What is a "manual DFU restore"? Last night I plugged my iPhone 4 into the computer and did a restore from iTunes, and then I restored from iCloud (which I found out you can't do in iTunes - you have to do that from the phone). Anyway, is that a "manual DFU restore" or do I need to restore again, and how?

I haven't re-jailbroken yet. I had to let the thing restore from iCloud overnight and didn't have time this morning. I think I lost a few apps in the process because they were no longer available, but I don't know what they were. Probably just as well.

You should be good to go.