iOS Jailbreak Thread

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just wanted to give a heads-up that you shouldn't buy Deus Ex: The Fall because it doesn't allow you to shoot your weapons if you play it on a jailbroken device.

Posted Image

#122 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Just wanted to give a heads-up that you shouldn't buy Deus Ex: The Fall because it doesn't allow you to shoot your weapons if you play it on a jailbroken device.

Install Xcon and that apparently fixes it. It's free. This is a cydia app, of course - search for it on there. I can't test this because the game does not support the iPad 2 (yet - they say it will in an update). Xcon just blocks (or I guess fakes the response of) the jailbreak-check. That's all it does.

#123 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Install Xcon and that apparently fixes it. It's free. This is a cydia app, of course - search for it on there. I can't test this because the game does not support the iPad 2 (yet - they say it will in an update). Xcon just blocks (or I guess fakes the response of) the jailbreak-check. That's all it does.

Xcon should fix it, I can't test be use I have no interest in the Deus Ex game. It did fox all the other apps that have the jailbreak check; such as redbox instant and cinemanow. Those are the only 2 I remember having the check implemented.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#124 GrooThePerverted

GrooThePerverted

AKA Martin Tupper

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

here's a question that may seem completely stupid, but bear in mind that A. I realize how stupid it probably sounds and B. I am not really that knowledgeable about all of this type of things.

So now that that's out of the way....

I have an iPad 1 at the moment. I plan on getting an iPad 2 in a few months, however at the moment this is what I have.  It's jailbroken and all that.  Now the game Plants Vs. Zombies 2 was just released and I was amped to play it, however it is only for iPad 2 and up.  It's not iOS related because it can be run on iOS 5. 

I tweeted at the official twitter account and expressed my dissatisfaction, and after they wept and gnashed their teeth and tore their clothes, they managed to respond.   They said that the reason for that was that it was because of an option to upload a custom avatar. 

Which, to be honest, kind of pissed me off even more than if they hadn't said that.  In my opinion that should be an OPTIONAL thing, not a mandatory one.

They didn't respond to my mentioning that very thing.

Now my possibly stupid question is this:  Is it possible for someone to crack a game that won't run on the iPad 1 and have it run on it?  I mean if you can crack games to make it think that it's registered or whatever, I would imagine you could trick a game into thinking there was a front facing camera or something.

Or maybe this is a stupid quiestion.  I dunno.

Thanks for the help, everyone.