Photo
- - - - -

Super Mario Maker discussion (update)The imaginary game that will get me to buy a WiiU - Super Mario Maker

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I want a game where I can design and easily share my own super mario levels. I want every item and enemy from every game(SMB1-3, Super Mario World, SMW2, NSMBWii, NSMBWiiU), and I want to be able to place items with the gamepad and the wii remote.

I think this could really be a system seller - just include all of the NES and SNES games on the disc and develop a great portal for sharing/finding levels. If they did this right(and they would have to do it RIGHT), it would be amazing.

I want to be able to select the background music, the enemies, the background, ALL OF IT. And I want to be able to play as the mario from SMB3 on a remake of 1-1 from the original SMB.

I wanted this game when the Wii came out, but it would be even better and easier to use with the Gamepad.

Do it Nintendo.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#2 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

There is a level editor for New Super Mario Bros for Wii out there if you look in the right places.

It's not official, but if you're really interested in it, it exists.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#3 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I have seen some cool stuff on youtube with that, but I really don't know why Nintendo hasn't put some resources into this. It would help their online image and be a way for them to get $50 out of just about every WiiU console owner.

card.png

#4 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think Mario vs Donkey Kong is as close to a level editor that your going to get.

#5 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yeah, I have seen some cool stuff on youtube with that, but I really don't know why Nintendo hasn't put some resources into this. It would help their online image and be a way for them to get $50 out of just about every WiiU console owner.

Because its Nintendo and that's asking too much.

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

That'd be nice. Nintendo could whore it out by releasing enemy and levels as well.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Eh, I disagree. Sorry. I hated littlebigplanet. I have no interest in making levels and I don't think that many people would really want to, at least not every owner. No reason it couldn't be a bonus part of another game.

There's always LBP, though.

#8 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

I think that Nintendo is fearful that if they give us a level editor, we'll stop buying yearly Mario games. Nintendo finally learned that they can churn out multiple Mario games a year and we're suckers enough to buy them all.

I think the second issue, from Nintendo's standpoint, is that they don't need to add a level editor to their Mario games because people are going to buy them either way. It's not like LBP where the game doesn't have legs without a level editor, Mario games generally have excellent level design (although I will admit, the NSMB games were losing the magic until NSMBWU came out). Why put extra effort into a title that doesn't need extras to sell?

I think the smart way Nintendo could do something like this is to publish a new Mario Paint game that has a level creator tool where you could create a 3 level series of stages (in classic SMB style) and set it up where you could trade the stages with friends. That was it doesn't really infringe on their staple franchise and it gives gamers something that they really want. It would probably be fairly easy to implement and it would probably push the inevitable Mario Paint Wii U release from modest sales to super successful sales.

The one danger, from a consumer standpoint, to level editors for Mario games is that I could see Nintendo exploiting this from a DLC standpoint. Want advanced objects, new suits, etc? That'll cost ya...

#9 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

Bringing this back from the dead.

Thanks for listening to me back in 2013 Nintendo!!!!

http://www.polygon.c...o-e3-2014-rumor

card.png

#10 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

If this turns out to be true, I will shit my pants like it's Chinese new year. I've dreamed of something like this basically since I got an NES with SMB/Duck Hunt around 1989. Atari didn't really inspire me much before that.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#11 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

The maker series, with the right online sharing/rating would be awesome.  A metroid or zelda one would be pretty amazing, too. 

card.png

#12 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

If they make a zelda one, I will buy that day one. digital download only or not. I've always been intrigued by the fact Zelda was once a game that would allow you to make your own dungeons, then beat them. Been waiting a decade for them to decide to bring that idea back

#13 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

I hope this turns out to be true, as long as it's done well this would have the potential to be amazingly fun.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13

#14 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

If they make a zelda one, I will buy that day one. digital download only or not. I've always been intrigued by the fact Zelda was once a game that would allow you to make your own dungeons, then beat them. Been waiting a decade for them to decide to bring that idea back

Same here.  I never get tired of 2D Zelda.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#15 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

I really hope that this game is revealed and that it is the first game (that I can recall) that Nintendo absolutely nails the online.  I don't want to create levels, but I REALLY want to play them.

card.png

#16 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

OP may have won the Internet

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#17 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Day one for me obviously.   I haven't watched the Nintendo Direct yet, but I REALLY hope they get the sharing/rating system down.

card.png

#18 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Op now ask for Zelda maker

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

2015 E3 trailer.  Maybe Mario World as well.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#20 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yes OP, you have been given a gift, great power, great responsibility, all that jazz.

Choose your next imaginary game thread wisely.

Honestly that is pretty cool you called it way back then.