Shipping Internationally.

Sinnbox

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, but has anyone else noticed that the USPS jacked international shipping through the roof last month? Any idea of an alternative?

They raised the prices on January 27th, 2013. An announcement was made several months ago on the USPS website and on eBay (if you sell there).

Although the rate increase is most evident in First Class International Package for items from 1oz - 16oz (i.e. one pound) it is still far and away the cheapest way to ship something internationally.

Just for giggles see how expensive it is to ship something internationally by UPS or FedEx.

USPS is justifying the rate increase because as of January 27th FCI Package now includes delivery confirmation to Canada and starting in April it will include Delivery confirmation to 19 other countries.

[quote name='GBAstar']They raised the prices on January 27th, 2013. An announcement was made several months ago on the USPS website and on eBay (if you sell there).

Although the rate increase is most evident in First Class International Package for items from 1oz - 16oz (i.e. one pound) it is still far and away the cheapest way to ship something internationally.

Just for giggles see how expensive it is to ship something internationally by UPS or FedEx.

USPS is justifying the rate increase because as of January 27th FCI Package now includes delivery confirmation to Canada and starting in April it will include Delivery confirmation to 19 other countries.[/QUOTE]

oh, I ship with UPS, and FED-EX all day at work, I know that they are insane. I was just wondering if USPS had come up with something new that was like international parcel post or something. This new service seems to be more like Priority than First Class.

I like that they're starting to add delivery confirmation to packages to canada and starting to roll it out to other countries. Finally a cheap form of tracking to Canadia.

[quote name='Paco']I like that they're starting to add delivery confirmation to packages to canada and starting to roll it out to other countries. Finally a cheap form of tracking to Canadia.[/QUOTE]

True, but it's still up to the other country to track. All priority packages were similarly jacked up a while back, and supposed to be tracked, but it's rare that they are. Hopefully this means that we can get insurance on International first class now.

bread's done
Back