Spider-Man: Edge Of Time (PS3) at Cowboom.com

I played this after hearing about how bad it was, having enjoyed Shattered Dimensions. Figured it couldn't be that bad given how good SD was.

That was a mistake.

Edge of Time is basically a rent only game....might as well buy the Amazing Spiderman from Gamefly for that price

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if we'll eventually see on Cowboom all those copies of Last Story that disappeared suddenly from Best Buy stores not too long ago? It was weird - every store in the area had multiple copies then within a couple days they were all gone.

[quote name='Josef']Slightly off topic, but I wonder if we'll eventually see on Cowboom all those copies of Last Story that disappeared suddenly from Best Buy stores not too long ago? It was weird - every store in the area had multiple copies then within a couple days they were all gone.[/QUOTE]
Their store pick up at least for games is off for what seems like everyone if the Reward Zone thread is right. So if you're basing it off checking online, don't let that be the final say. All the BB store's (and many other CAG's reported as well) said that Kirby's Dream Collection was only avaliable via Ship to Store, but when I went to the first one there were at least 7 copies.

[quote name='bardockkun']Their store pick up at least for games is off for what seems like everyone if the Reward Zone thread is right. So if you're basing it off checking online, don't let that be the final say. All the BB store's (and many other CAG's reported as well) said that Kirby's Dream Collection was only avaliable via Ship to Store, but when I went to the first one there were at least 7 copies.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm going off of physically going to the stores and not seeing it anymore after there were 3-5 copies a few days before hand ;)

And I know I read on here other people noticed the same thing about the game disappearing from Best Buy, like overnight.

[quote name='jaso']I played this after hearing about how bad it was, having enjoyed Shattered Dimensions. Figured it couldn't be that bad given how good SD was.

That was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Is it really that bad? This is the only game missing from my spider-man collection. It it worse than Friend or Foe?

[quote name='Daniel09']Is it really that bad? This is the only game missing from my spider-man collection. It it worse than Friend or Foe?[/QUOTE]

eh I don't think it was that bad but it is no SD.

I got this from Target for $15 a few days after release for the 360. Target sometimes has a glitch (I'm assuming) where a new release might go immediately clearance for 70% off. But without an Xbox 360, EoT is just a dust collector.

I just recently finished Shattered Dimensions and I played EoT first. Shattered Dimensions is a much better game overall due to slightly more varied gameplay, but the controls and gameplay for common Spider-Man characters are essentially the same between the two. Granted, you only have the 2 Spider-Man options in EoT unlike the 4 in Shattered Dimensions.

Both have a set of challenges you have to do through the levels, hidden spiders to collect, etc...

Outside of having Ultimate Spider-Man and Noir Spider-Man levels and a different boss at the end of each level, the games are pretty similar. As a completionist, Shattered Dimensions was much more difficult to complete.

With that said, $20 is way too much for this game as old as it is.

I think $19.99 is lower than MSRP but not quite my price point yet. Thanks any way OP

bread's done
Back