GameStop Ad for 2/6 - 2/12

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Here is the link to tomorrows Gamestop ad.

http://www.gamestop....13/default.aspx

#2 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Garbage

#3 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Garbage

did u expect anything else?
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#4 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

i guess they've vowed to never to a b2g1 on used games ever again. I need to load up on some games and these jabroni's won't give me a reason to use credit.

#5 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

did u expect anything else?

Haha

Edited by Donut2922, 06 February 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#6 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

i guess they've vowed to never to a b2g1 on used games ever again. I need to load up on some games and these jabroni's won't give me a reason to use credit.

b2g1 all year long on ps2 games, what are you talking about?
Posted Image

#7 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

No shit. I got $80 credit to spend, and been buying shit on eBay all week....not gonna need to get anything at Gamestop soon. Might just get a PS+ card or something.

I figure it will be March before we see the sale.

FYI--you may want to check a Gamestop that is near a Best Buy, since they have a B2G1 sale, one local store does special trade bonuses based on Best Buy's promos.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#8 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

I suspect lack of storewide B2G1 is a ploy to get you to get PUR and "earn" the B2G1 coupon.

#9 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I suspect lack of storewide B2G1 is a ploy to get you to get PUR and "earn" the B2G1 coupon.

Huh, never thought of that...
Imo I think it's backfiring. GameStop is closing 500+ stores (luckily the one I work at isn't)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#10 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Well if you add the 20% coupon (30% for PUR members) to Dragon's Dogma, you can get a used copy for a decent price.

#11 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Imo I think it's backfiring. GameStop is closing 500+ stores (luckily the one I work at isn't)

Wow. 500 is alot. I think last I heard there was like 4400 in the US.
You flippers must be killing them.

#12 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Why didn't I just buy a 3DS the week of Christmas. They haven't had a sale of it since then. You'd think they'll try to have better sales with so many stores closing.
Is there a way to look up what's stores they're closing?

Edit: oh and thanks op. I forgot to thank you after all my bitching.

#13 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Dragon's Dogma $40. The new Update version is coming out soon with all the extra for $40 may cheap on release day. Why buy bad version instead waiting for superior version!
"Evil is Funs"

#14 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Wow.. Kinect is 5 bucks cheaper than when I bought it at the $99 MSRP...oh wait, MSRP there is $109 now lol

#15 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Lol, sadly, one of the cooler guys at my Gamestop is quitting, but fortunately for a better job. So he decided that for his last week he would just talk in an Australian accent, and when I was in there to ask about my Fire Emblem 3DS, it was hilarious watching him talk to customers.

Cool story

#16 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

not when you consider how many there are in areas. there are 5 near me, in fact up until recently I had 2 gamestops in 1 mall, 1 floor above each other, it made no sense to me why they would do this, not to mention I imagine "gamestop kids" failed miserably.

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Just save your credit for PS4/720

#18 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

dragons dogma for $39.99? Was expecting it to be mid 20 range by now....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#19 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Am I missing something? How much is PS All Stars for Vita?

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#20 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

dragons dogma for $39.99? Was expecting it to be mid 20 range by now....

Yeap

http://www.amazon.co...s=dragons dogma

For $40 when this comes out you get the original plus the DLC/expansion.

Would not be wise to purchase the original right now, especially at that price.

#21 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

what's it like working at gamestop?

not surprised they are closing some stores, i have 9 within a 25 minute drive from where i live, always thought it seemed like over kill and we used to have 2 in the local mall until they closed one last year

i'm surprised there hasnt been a b2g1 since thanksgiving weekend, typically they have one in mid december than another during christmas and then another in january

#22 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

Gamestop, you've done it again. Another suck week. And that garbage tiered trade-in program is still there. Gamestop is closing 500 stores? Just add another 4000 stores closing to that list and I'll be happy.

#23 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Yeap

http://www.amazon.co...s=dragons dogma

For $40 when this comes out you get the original plus the DLC/expansion.

Would not be wise to purchase the original right now, especially at that price.

I'm gald we've got a version with all the DLC, but that case is damn ugly. Like, almost Arkham City GOTY ugly. I'll get it, but I'm finding the old artwork.

#24 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Garbage

I guess the business model here is that they expect people to be using 'trade in credit' so they do not need to lower the prices?

#25 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

A good chunk of those are leftovers from when eb games merged. There are a lot of gamestops that are very close to other gamestops. Many stayed open simply due to rental contracts not expiring. An honestly when I was there a lot of times each store individually would still be profitable. It was weird to call across the street though to see if something was in stock.

#26 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

what's it like working at gamestop?

What's it like working there?
All my co-workers are great, but there have been issues for the past 2 months at my store with us not getting enough hours. I haven't had a shift now since January :roll:

I've worked there for over 2 yrs now...I've learned pretty much everything about GameStop...good and bad

I'll never regret it though; I love video games and I love working with the customers. I have learned much from working there. Management where I work is also really nice and understanding. It's just I've seen some questionable decisions go down there because of decisions made by whoever the CEO is.

Ex: Game's normal price is 19.99. One week we had a sale; the sticker I covered the previous price over was for 19.98 :|
Ex: I am no longer allowed to sign ppl up for GameInformer print issue unless they specifically ask for it; I have to sign them up for digital

This isn't GameStop's fault though really; the goal is to save and make money for all companies. Still annoying though :c
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#27 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Lets not forget the marketing guy in Gamestop corporate that was found embezzaling.

#28 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Gamestop, you've done it again. Another suck week. And that garbage tiered trade-in program is still there. Gamestop is closing 500 stores? Just add another 4000 stores closing to that list and I'll be happy.

woah woah hold on there buddy lol. gamestop isnt the best at times but over the last year and a half i have gotten plenty of great things from them (if you know what you are doing that is lol). not to mention ive gotten tons of penny guides from them :)
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#29 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

woah woah hold on there buddy lol. gamestop isnt the best at times but over the last year and a half i have gotten plenty of great things from them (if you know what you are doing that is lol). not to mention ive gotten tons of penny guides from them :)

gotta love those penny guides:bouncy:
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#30 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

But then I would lose my job! D: XD
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image