Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 2/10-2/16: Buy a Game ($39.99 and up) + Reserve a Game for $1, Get $10 GC

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

pretty sure the best buy gift card price match is ymmv
when I had them match the kmart gift card deal on a 3ds xl, they gave me a gift card

#32 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Wow really? Well that works...I may have to do that this week.

Thanks!

#33 simplylemonade

simplylemonade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I just got Mario Kart 7 for 16 dollars at Target. It was on the regular shelf. The clerk said it was a system price error so probably YMMY.
Currently playing:

Phoenix Wright games

#34 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Was hoping to find a copy of fire emblem but doesn't look to be any in stock near me, hopefully they restock before the week is up.

#35 skeletim308

skeletim308

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

If any if your local targets are fortunate enough to still have the MK7 XL bundle the $25 gift card applies to it as well. Now to see if the wife will let me pick up my b-day present a bit early.

#36 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hm got a copy of Fire Emblem online a few days ago. I wonder if I can get them to apply the promo to get a $10 gift card...

#37 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jesus these deals are getting more cryptic and ritualistic by the day
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Got lucky and my local Target got 1 Fire Emblem today in their shipment, called and ask politely for them to put it on hold for me and the nice lady on the phone did! Combined with my 5% redcard and a shopkick gift card for a damn good deal. Thanks for posting OP!

For those looking for a copy of fire emblem download the target app - it helps quite a bit.

Might use my gift card with some more shopkicks on sly cooper before the week is over and get another $10 gift card.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#39 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Question: Would this deal combine if I price matched the game? If I could get Black Ops 2 for $45 (price it will be this week at GameStop) plus the $10 gift card then that would be a good deal.

#40 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Question: Would this deal combine if I price matched the game? If I could get Black Ops 2 for $45 (price it will be this week at GameStop) plus the $10 gift card then that would be a good deal.

Anyone?

#41 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Anyone?

What I'd do (Guest Services TM) is this.

The GC promotion will take $10 off the game and charge you $10 for the GC. I'm not sure what the current price of BLOps 2 is, so I'll assume it $60. At Electronics, they'll charge you $50 for the game, $1 for the reservation and $10 for the GC. Bring the receipt to guest services and they'll be able to adjust the $50 down to $45.

There's no way to have it done where they do the price match first and then do the GC promo, unless you have a really bad guest services team member
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#42 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Picked up sly 4 and preordered gears. Probably wont pick it up though. Just wanted the gc with sly.

#43 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

The GC promotion will take $10 off the game and charge you $10 for the GC. I'm not sure what the current price of BLOps 2 is, so I'll assume it $60. At Electronics, they'll charge you $50 for the game, $1 for the reservation and $10 for the GC. Bring the receipt to guest services and they'll be able to adjust the $50 down to $45.

There's no way to have it done where they do the price match first and then do the GC promo, unless you have a really bad guest services team member

That means I paid $55 for the game, not $45.

#44 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

That means I paid $55 for the game, not $45.

No. It means you paid $45 for the game, $1 for the deposit and $10 for the GC.

They (target) match the total value of the competitor.

Honestly I think customer service would either straight match at $45 or do as the other poster suggested. Why would they price match and then also give you the gift card, effectively double dipping??

Ask yourself that and perhaps maybe you'll find a moment of clarity but since it isn't the answer you wanted to hear I doubt it.

#45 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

No. It means you paid $45 for the game, $1 for the deposit and $10 for the GC.

They (target) match the total value of the competitor.

Honestly I think customer service would either straight match at $45 or do as the other poster suggested. Why would they price match and then also give you the gift card, effectively double dipping??

Ask yourself that and perhaps maybe you'll find a moment of clarity but since it isn't the answer you wanted to hear I doubt it.

No, it would be $55. The promotion is buy one game at $39.99+ and get a free $10 gift card. It doesn't matter if the receipt shows the game as $44.99, it'll show a gift card for $10 and that'll make the total $55. Are you easily fooled or something?

Maybe if you think about it you'll realize how wrong you are.

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

No, it would be $55. The promotion is buy one game at $39.99+ and get a free $10 gift card. It doesn't matter if the receipt shows the game as $44.99, it'll show a gift card for $10 and that'll make the total $55. Are you easily fooled or something?

What you essentially are asking is if you bought an Xbox 360 from Target for $199.99 and it came with a $50GC and the next week they dropped the price to a flat $149.99 could you PM it to $149.99 and keep the gift card.

The answer to that as well as the answer to your question is no. Stop being greedy and trying to ad lib your own deals. It does NOT work that way. Either PM to AZ or GS and get it for $44.99 or try and PM it at Target for $55 plus the $10 GC after preordering a game.

Again you can't make your own deals. What you are asking is against all PM terms and conditions that I'm aware of and the only way it would work is if you got someone that didn't know how to do their job correctly.

#47 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Price exclusions:

• “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
  • Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
  • Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
  • Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
  • Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
  • Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
  • Competitor coupon-required.
  • Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
  • Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
  • Offers that include financing.
Ad exclusions:

• Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
  • Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
  • Pricing or typographical errors.
Item exclusions:

• Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
  • Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
  • Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
  • Contract cell phone plans and devices.

If we are going strictly by Target's price match policy, your not allowed to do price matches on items that are currently being offered with a free gift card by Target or the competitor.

Source:https://corporate.ta...e-promise#q4071

#48 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

What you essentially are asking is if you bought an Xbox 360 from Target for $199.99 and it came with a $50GC and the next week they dropped the price to a flat $149.99 could you PM it to $149.99 and keep the gift card.

The answer to that as well as the answer to your question is no. Stop being greedy and trying to ad lib your own deals. It does NOT work that way. Either PM to AZ or GS and get it for $44.99 or try and PM it at Target for $55 plus the $10 GC after preordering a game.

Again you can't make your own deals. What you are asking is against all PM terms and conditions that I'm aware of and the only way it would work is if you got someone that didn't know how to do their job correctly.

I was asking a question. The guy above me answered it well. You're wrong in saying that the game would be at $45 since I would be pointlessly buying a gift card as well, which means I would be spending $55 for no reason which would be worse than just buying the game at GameStop. I am not trying to make my own deal, you're just being delusional. The sale is buy any game $39.99 and up and get a $10 gift card. I want to get Black Ops 2. GameStop has it for $45. It's worth my curiosity to see if it works. Price matching a price of the game doesn't obviously cancel out promotions to the point that people aren't allowed to ask a question.

#49 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

It will combine. I suggest you have them do the pricematch first then add the reservation card on it second. It will cue the gift card , but some cashiers get confused and exit out of certain popups if it gets too confusing for them. I did this this morning. BTW you have to PM at the guest services counter. The cashier also accidentally scanned the bottom barcode on the reserve card and it tried to give me an additional 5.00 GC. (ymmv, cashier error).

#50 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Actually according to their Price match policy it states that it is supposed to be done at the guest services counter.:)

#51 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

I return a lot of items and PM at target Routinely and they wont allow this type of double dipping. If you already have the gift card purchase done you will notice the full price to the far right and under the description of the item it will give you a return value. (eg. 249.99 xbox - 50 gc . it will show you paid 249.99 to the right but will state return value is 199.99)
They only way to get the PM and the GC is to PM during the same transaction. If you do this the PM amount and the GC amount both lower your return value. ( eg 249.99 xbox PM'D to 199.99 - 50 GC = return value of 149.99)

Edited by spidergraf, 12 February 2013 - 06:24 AM.
misspelling

#52 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Was hoping to find a copy of fire emblem but doesn't look to be any in stock near me, hopefully they restock before the week is up.

Most of the Target's near me got some more in stock yesterday. Went and grabbed a copy (2 left at 8pm) and then picked Lego City Undercover as my $1 pre-order to get the $10 GC because the preorder card has a Chase McCain Lego figure attached to it. I figured that was worth a $1 by itself, even if I don't end up buying the game from Target (edit to add: and of course, people are already trying to get $5 for the figure on ebay. Shameful)

#53 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

It will combine. I suggest you have them do the pricematch first then add the reservation card on it second. It will cue the gift card , but some cashiers get confused and exit out of certain popups if it gets too confusing for them. I did this this morning. BTW you have to PM at the guest services counter. The cashier also accidentally scanned the bottom barcode on the reserve card and it tried to give me an additional 5.00 GC. (ymmv, cashier error).

So you had to go to customer service and they took the price off the game as a price match, then they gave you a $10 gift card?

#54 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

got last fire emblem in area (gamestop canceled mine there) and preordered luigis mansion

#55 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Anybody have any luck with price matching this deal at Best Buy?

#56 Dufus

Dufus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I picked up the only Fire Emblem my Target got yesterday morning. I had went the night before and they were out of stock. They even had a Mario Kart 7 Bundle sitting on the shelf so I picked up that as well.

#57 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I ended up taking advantage of Target's excellent 3DS XL + $25 GC promotion this morning. Plus I still have my $10 dollar gift card for purchasing Fire Emblem and reserving a $1 game on a separate transaction from the 3DS XL that I will put towards another 3DS game one of these days. All things final, I only spent $215 dollars total, before tax, for both the 3DS XL and Fire Emblem. Not too bad. :)

#58 razgriz417

razgriz417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

I ended up taking advantage of Target's excellent 3DS XL + $25 GC promotion this morning. Plus I still have my $10 dollar gift card for purchasing Fire Emblem and reserving a $1 game on a separate transaction from the 3DS XL that I will put towards another 3DS game one of these days. All things final, I only spent $215 dollars total, before tax, for both the 3DS XL and Fire Emblem. Not too bad. :)

Haha I did the exact same thing. Here's hoping that tomorrow they don't announce a new colored XL

#59 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't suppose the $25 GC applies to the 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle? :(

#60 razgriz417

razgriz417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I don't suppose the $25 GC applies to the 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle? :(

No clue, mine didnt have any left in stock, it'd be worth a try if you see one at your store