Resident Evil Revelations half off @ Amazon

[quote name='DavidJD']I just ordered Resident Evil Revelations, with today's release date, for $20 from Amazon. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

It has been "half off" forever... and it is so hard to put the price in the title... and the system it's for as this is no longer a 3DS exclusive.

You will never have revelaitons on the side of your case :(
And this is not much of a deal since its been like that for a while now

[quote name='Eye Carumba']Is it worth getting on 3DS or should I just wait for it to hit consoles?[/QUOTE]
Wait for console.

[quote name='Eye Carumba']Is it worth getting on 3DS or should I just wait for it to hit consoles?[/QUOTE]

Consoles are not portable. That should be the ultimate decision maker...well, and the fact that buying it on the console will be $50...

[quote name='limelight022']Year old on the 3DS. Not even out on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as OP is discussing 3DS release, this comment is irrelevant.

$20 now with no extras or $50 for console with whatever they add (assuming you get it when it first comes out).

To me, the game was good. I wouldn't pay $50 for it though even with all the extras the console versions will get.

[quote name='Bankotsu']$20 now with no extras or $50 for console with whatever they add (assuming you get it when it first comes out).

To me, the game was good. I wouldn't pay $50 for it though even with all the extras the console versions will get.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't pay $50 either. I'll buy it when it's $20 a year after release.

get it on 3ds. why would you not want it handheld?

Am I the only one that is thoroughly impressed that a handheld game is being ported to a console version? I mean they did it digitally with exclusives like God of War: Origins, but I still think that it speaks to how good of a game this is.

Also, I don't know how the controls are for this game, but I would imagine having two analog sticks will make it easier to control.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']Am I the only one that is thoroughly impressed that a handheld game is being ported to a console version? I mean they did it digitally with exclusives like God of War: Origins, but I still think that it speaks to how good of a game this is.[/QUOTE]
The people I've talked to who have played it says that it feels the closest to classic Resident Evil games. It sure as hell isn't...whatever the hell RE6 was supposed to be.

[quote name='eXiON']I have no idea why I thought this was for the PS3/X360 pre-order, got excited for a second there.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Oh well.

Although the game does control very well with the circle pad pro, it is still very playable without it. It also has some of the best 3D on the 3DS so far. Streetpassing with other people will actually give you a few bits of ammo, etc. If you want to play something closer to the original RE style of games, and have a 3DS, this game is definitely worth it at $20.

I bought it for 3ds (XL) and its excellent! Controlling it with the gyrometer and the accelerometer after a little practice its like aiming a pistol with its own screen. You can still move while shooting too.

[quote name='sicsonic']I thought it came with a Circle pad pro? I guess not. Was there ever a version that did?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a bundle at Gamestop. It was $60, last I checked.

Oh, by the way, while we are on the topic of RE Revelations for 3DS, I have the Best Buy preorder "shell case" bonus that fits the regular 3DS. I upgraded to an XL and sold my regular 3DS so I no longer have a use for it. I am open to trades or offers for it if anyone wants it.

20 now or 60 later or 20 in a year from now? Up to your patience, backlog, and do you want to play this portably?

It they added one new chapter to the console version, I would have bought it to play again (the chapters were already short). Instead, they added just a single new enemy. Overrall, sounds like it's going to be a lazy port...

[quote name='Eye Carumba']The people I've talked to who have played it says that it feels the closest to classic Resident Evil games. It sure as hell isn't...whatever the hell RE6 was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Honestly, they could have made this Resident Evil 6 and most RE fans would have been very pleased. I read somewhere that Capcom designers ended up pretty disappointed that it was not a numbered sequel since it turned out so well.

This being ported to consoles is a cash grab though, to make up for lost RE6 sales.

bread's done
Back