GGT 215 got Major Nelson banned from XBL

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#421 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

The raptors are probably the creepiest necromorphs in the game because they communicate and they stick their little heads out before charging you. Anytime I get attacked from the back I say ''clever girl.''

Yeah the peeking mechanic is pretty unnerving. Also the way they charge out from behind cover makes it way really easy to miss using stasis.

#422 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah the peeking mechanic is pretty unnerving. Also the way they charge out from behind cover makes it way really easy to miss using stasis.

And this is where you learn to love the line gun or the canister mines. 8-)
Or you do nerves of steel and just stare them down and it them with stasis.
After you fell the first one, you rip it's raptor claw off and use that on charging ones. Works like a brick wall. 8)

#423 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Don't forget to the get kill a raptor while zoomed in with the sniper rifle trophy/achievement

#424 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Don't forget to the get kill a raptor while zoomed in with the sniper rifle trophy/achievement

I love Jurassic Park references.

#425 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

I hated buying the seeker rifle just for that... :lol:

That gun was always useless to me... you're never in a secure sniper perch so it and the zoom function don't really make it a good fit for much. :\
Flamethrower was another one that I never really gave a shit about.

--

Speaking of useless guns -- the two LE weapons make everything else useless, especially once you've beaten the game once and do new game + for the other modes.
Seriously. Oh, I got to the first bench? Give me both those weapons, pop the stasis and acid modifiers on them (non-classic mode) and I never really deviate.
Before I discovered them, I had a line gun with various lower attachments as well as a plasma rifle with the line gun's alt fire from DS2 as the lower tool.
Toward the end of the hardcore run, I changed the contact beam to a canister mine gun. I tried the electrified bolas, which were cool... but I think I got killed a couple times by them. :(

What weapons did you craft that you found to be the best? I seriously got 90% of my kills with the line gun (+stasis or +electric) or shotgun (+acid).

#426 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

You're killing the game industry, J-cart. [-(

I know my jokes are too damn funny :P

People like J-Cart are the reason why companies like THQ die.

Seriously, showed them by not giving a shit about any of their games!

Capcom nicely separates content from the discs so that gamers can download it on their own time and they get shit on.
RIP game industry

But DLC is the future of content. I need everything in bite size chunks that cost an arm and a leg.

Real talk though, ever since I have gotten my modern PC, I have never pirated a game. I want to say the last game I downloaded was Freedom Fighters. If that game were to ever pop up on GoG or Steam, you damn straight everyone here will be getting a copy.

I support the every industry pretty damn well, I pay for my movies (when I go to the theaters), games and music.

#427 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I wasn't playing last night, but I just saw your message about MvC. We can play tonight maybe, if I don't play Sony Smash, or tomorrow or any night really.

My nights aren't that busy lately.

Let's play right now! I'm a few beers deep and hella rusty so you'll probably body me, but I wanna play!

#428 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

What weapons did you craft that you found to be the best? I seriously got 90% of my kills with the line gun (+stasis or +electric) or shotgun (+acid).

The chain gun with Statis Coating and the burst-fire SMG were beast.

#429 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

The chain gun with Statis Coating and the burst-fire SMG were beast.

That acid coated shotgun, man.
One shot pretty much EVERYTHING. Except the high level ones.

I don't think I experimented too much though... one of these days I should get my ass in the lab and see what I can really make.
The one problem with the line gun alt-fire mines was that they're slower to detonate, it seems in DS3 and there's no circuit to speed up detonation time. That made me sad.

#430 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Real talk though, ever since I have gotten my modern PC, I have never pirated a game. .

You're not using the internet right

#431 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

The one gun I used was a semi burst rifle on rifle with the rocket lawnchair on the bottom. I love how they capped that rocket lawnchair so bad it won't budge no matter how many chips you add on any stat.

The DLC weapons are pretty good I hate the single shot rifle though I'll probably switch it out as soon as I find that semi automatic body

#432 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

The one gun I used was a semi burst rifle on rifle with the rocket lawnchair on the bottom. I love how they capped that rocket lawnchair so bad it won't budge no matter how many chips you add on any stat.

The DLC weapons are pretty good I hate the single shot rifle though I'll probably switch it out as soon as I find that semi automatic body

If you're a quick pull on the trigger, you can still fire fast... and you don't need it for much, as you should be using the shotgun -- there were a couple of sections where I traded it out for burst SMG type tip... but I stopped bothering.

#433 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

How many bullets does one shotgun fire take?

#434 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

How many bullets does one shotgun fire take?

Not sure, but it's not terrible. having 3 stacks of 20 gives you about 300 shots with the shotgun. That's a lot of dead necromorphs.

--

Thank you classic engineering suit. Chapter 4 of classic and I have max item slots. :bouncy:

#435 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

SFxT v2013 makes me wonder why I ever liked the previous version.

#436 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Here's the cold hard truth.

You never did.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#437 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Indiggers be bringin' the cold hard truth.

#438 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

You never did.

I liked it more than AE ... which isn't saying much, I guess.

#439 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

So a CAG friend has offered to sell me the PS2 ZotE games (both) for $12 total. Do I take those over the HD Collection?

(Have a 60 GB fatty purchased summer of 07 but how long will it last?)

#440 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

So a CAG friend has offered to sell me the PS2 ZotE games (both) for $12 total. Do I take those over the HD Collection?

(Have a 60 GB fatty purchased summer of 07 but how long will it last?)

$12 shipped? Hell yeah, they're both better than the HD ports. The HD port of ZOE2 has some extras, though.

#441 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

SFxT v2013 makes me wonder why I ever liked the previous version.

It's definitely way better than that old POS version.

You never did.

I'm wondering if this applies to me. :-k

Indiggers be bringin' the cold hard truth.

He always does. Except when he's talking about Leda. Dude's enamored.

Still say you should have Joel help you kidnap her take a picture of you busting one on her pic and show her that pic on Twitter.

Edit: That's directed at Indiggers, but it's better if you think of it as directed towards Joel.

I liked it more than AE ... which isn't saying much, I guess.

Yes, AE was always a bit of a stanky turd. You can try to fool yourself into liking it, but at the end of the day, it's shit.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#442 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Still say you should have Joel help you kidnap her take a picture of you busting one on her pic and show her that pic on Twitter.

Edit: That's directed at Indiggers, but it's better if you think of it as directed towards Joel.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this appeals to me.

Yall Posted Images should send me dem addys . I don't remember Joel's; it's all military and shit.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#443 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

So I finished Max Payne 3. While the ending was satisfying, the "boss" fight was pretty lackluster. We had the convo earlier about splitting up development within games, well I counted seven different Rockstar "Teams".

Rockstar Vancouver (This team no longer exists)
Rockstar London
Rockstar Toronto
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New York
Rockstar Lincoln

There is quality within the game, the cutscenes and soundtrack were equally awesome. However the gameplay was dry and nothing was flowing. When you have a third person shooters like the Uncharted series, you really have to step your game up with gameplay.

Certainly a game worth experiencing on the cheap (don't spend more than $20), and if you enjoy frustration, play on Hard on your first play through. Other than that, if I were to see this game on consoles, I think I would cry. Holy shit balls was everything awesome looking on my PC, too bad gameplay was sorely lacking.

#444 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

And this is where you learn to love the line gun or the canister mines. 8-)
Or you do nerves of steel and just stare them down and it them with stasis.
After you fell the first one, you rip it's raptor claw off and use that on charging ones. Works like a brick wall. 8)

The kinetic force power on PC kind of sucks. It's bound to the "F" key to pick things up so you have to take your hands off the movement keys to pick things up. Game won't let you rebind to Mouse 4.

$12 shipped? Hell yeah, they're both better than the HD ports. The HD port of ZOE2 has some extras, though.

Are the HD ports really that bad? I own both of the originals but considered picking up the ports at one time because ZOE2 is so good.

#445 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

There is obvious frame drops during cutscenes and battles but its not that bad where its unplayable. I liked it

#446 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Woke up at 6 AM and can't fall back asleep so I just finished Puzzle Agent. Fun game - time for part 2!

#447 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

He always does. Except when he's talking about Leda. Dude's enamored.

I legit may do that. Would have to use my backup Twitter accounts, though.... 8-)

#448 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

There is quality within the game, the cutscenes and soundtrack were equally awesome. However the gameplay was dry and nothing was flowing. When you have a third person shooters like the Uncharted series, you really have to step your game up with gameplay.

Are you using the Uncharted games as the bar for actual 3rd person shooter gameplay? That sounds off to me. Then again, I've never played the Uncharted games for their shooting sections. In fact, that's probably a big reason why I think the second game is the worst in the series. If I want a TPS cover-based shooter I'll play a Gears game or I'll give Binary Domain a shot.

The kinetic force power on PC kind of sucks. It's bound to the "F" key to pick things up so you have to take your hands off the movement keys to pick things up. Game won't let you rebind to Mouse 4.

Use an Xbox 360 controller? 8-)
The shit is so necessary on higher difficulties when you're trying to conserve ammo -- boost the damage percentage with a few nodes and you'll never be low on ammo again once you master the dismember/catch/impale.

#449 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

I just hit the Dead City in Darksiders 2 and holy Fuck, there are so many glitches that it's unreal. Lanterns keep disappearing every time I pick them up and shit. I just looked up a walkthrough and it looks like I'm roughly halfway through, but I think I may shelve it for a while due to the glitches. They're really driving me nuts. It's almost like they didn't even playtest any of it.

#450 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Looks like we're going to have a new game to play in Vassal, guys!
Posted Image