Xbox 360 Controller won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Took my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers out of storage in the basement but they won't power up unless I plug them into my Xbox. Bought new batteries but still won't power up. Is there anything I can do to fix them or should I just buy new ones?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Did you sync it to your X360? Do they even light up? With new batteries... it should work. Haven't heard that a X360 controller going bad.

#3 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Did you leave rechargeable batteries in them? If so, might have killed the controllers. This happened to one of my Halo 3 controllers a while back.

#4 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Bought new rechargeable during the gamestop sale but controller only turn on if I plug it into the xbox. Maybe something wrong with the battery part of the controller. Still have one good controller but kinda sucks that I can't sit on the couch and play co-op with my son especially I'm snowed in from Nemo.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'd say to check the battery port. Might have either a bad part or the port itself is cracked.

#6 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Try cleaning the battery terminals inside where the connection is made to the battery pack. A q-tip and alcohol will work.