Walking Dead Season Three Limited Edition Blu-Ray Gift Set revealed

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
This is the coolest thing ever

YES it lights up, YES you can add water.

NO you can't preorder it anywhere yet.

Shipping late August.

There's also going to be a Michonne statue that looks like it might be more awesome than the blu set.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']What are the dimensions on that? If its blose to the size of a bluray case then I'm going to pass.[/QUOTE]

Surprised there was no link, here: http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/02/08/toy-fair-2013-the-walking-dead-season-3-limited-edition-blu-ray-set-revealed

The heads can be removed and rearranged so I'm assuming a decent size, that and you can add water. The walker head for season 2 was a pretty good size.

That does look cool as hell, definitely a lot better than the previous 2 LE's. Now only thing left is when it's being released and how much (I'm betting $100-$150)

That is pretty awesome, but I will pass. Not really buying shows on Blu-Ray/DVD anymore. No need to with Hulu Plus and Netflix subs.

This should come with a David Morrissey action figure who's eye you can poke out! lol

[quote name='TealPavelski']That is pretty awesome, but I will pass. Not really buying shows on Blu-Ray/DVD anymore. No need to with Hulu Plus and Netflix subs.

This should come with a David Morrissey action figure who's eye you can poke out! lol[/QUOTE]

They could have just made a David Morrissey head packaging with his eye coming out. :)

Hopefully this is released during Best Buy's buy $50 in tv sets get $10, buy $100 get $20/25? in giftcards deal they run a few times a year.

[quote name='exaznkid']i no this probably wont happen but god i hope those heads are life sized[/QUOTE]

No way in hell of that happening. I'd be happy if they were like 1/4 the size...but doubt that as well.

[quote name='exaznkid']i no this probably wont happen but god i hope those heads are life sized[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. But hey, you can build you one. Just buy a fish tank, put some zombie Halloween masks on mannequin heads and fill the tank with water. Drop in some green food die and there you go!

My guess is that this will be a little bigger than the size of the Blu-Ray box set. However since you can fill this with water, I don't know if I would put my BD's in it with the chance of the water spilling out.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Pass. I thought it'd be a human torso.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Season three as a torso, season four as the legs, season five as the feet, season six as the arms.. a full zombie dvd set.. brilliant

can i added my head collection to it and also was the part 2 of season 3 started last sunday or this sunday

[quote name='starmask2k3']can i added my head collection to it and also was the part 2 of season 3 started last sunday or this sunday[/QUOTE]

Starts tomorrow night

[quote name='TealPavelski']Not gonna happen. But hey, you can build you one. Just buy a fish tank, put some zombie Halloween masks on mannequin heads and fill the tank with water. Drop in some green food die and there you go!

My guess is that this will be a little bigger than the size of the Blu-Ray box set. However since you can fill this with water, I don't know if I would put my BD's in it with the chance of the water spilling out.[/QUOTE]
thanks thats a great idea!

also the set looks awesome but no money to buy it but looks awesome :lol:

[quote name='Zerok']Awesome! Got my mom the head for her birthday last year, guess I know what I'm getting her this year now.[/QUOTE]

I love your Mom!

[quote name='Zerok']Awesome! Got my mom the head for her birthday last year, guess I know what I'm getting her this year now.[/QUOTE]

Man, this post could have gone horribly wrong had you left out "the". :lol:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, this post could have gone horribly wrong had you left out "the". :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow! :lol::lol::lol:

I have to agree that your Mom is awesome. Too bad it won't be out in time for Mother's Day ;)

[quote name='henry00x']getting this for sure, want the michonne statue but damn $300?~[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that price and also the season 3 blu-ray would have part 1 & 2 right not just part 1

[quote name='starmask2k3']Where did you see that price and also the season 3 blu-ray would have part 1 & 2 right not just part 1[/QUOTE]

It says it right in the link in the OP.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Where did you see that price and also the season 3 blu-ray would have part 1 & 2 right not just part 1[/QUOTE]

yes season 3 blu ray would be complete season

I loved the first episode of the second half of S3! So excited to see how this season pans out and who comes out of it alive!

Also, Rick is really losing it!!

[quote name='AshesofWake']wait...am I the only one that feels like that looks stupid as hell :/. I was hoping for just a cool case....[/QUOTE]

yes you are. :roll:

I'm not much for displaying stuff like this myself, but it'll probably still be a purchase either for my nephews or my son. Their shelves are lines with statues from various collectors editions and other game/movie related stuff.

I'll definitely be getting this one. I still have the season 2 zombie head sealed as well. I can't believe the zombie head is going for roughly $200 already.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Hopefully this is released during Best Buy's buy $50 in tv sets get $10, buy $100 get $20/25? in giftcards deal they run a few times a year.[/QUOTE]

This. This promo was running when I picked up the Season 2 CE last year. This one is definitely a buy for me, as well.

And not to be 'that guy' but why does the Michonne statue have two swords? In both the comic and the show, she only has the one katana.

[quote name='sp00ge']This. This promo was running when I picked up the Season 2 CE last year. This one is definitely a buy for me, as well.

And not to be 'that guy' but why does the Michonne statue have two swords? In both the comic and the show, she only has the one katana.[/QUOTE]

Dammit I'll probably be buying the Season 3 CE as well since I got the Season 2 CE for Xmas. Plus I already preordered that damn Michonne statue! Friggin' money leaving! I had to sell a few items to afford the statue.

Anyway, in an interview with Kirkman, Michonne most likely has 2 katanas because he wanted the statue to be something that was unlike The Walking Dead. He wanted McFarlane Toys to do their own take on the character. You can read the interview here:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/02/01/robert-kirkman-walking-dead-michonne-statue/

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holy crap! Id love too but that would freak out my son.[/QUOTE]

This. I still may buy one, but I really don't want to foot the therapy bills for my boy later in life. lol

if those heads are rubber, little concerned after time the water will make them fall apart over time, I guess like real flesh, but still... here's to hoping to some sorta of plastic

I like the LE a lot and I actually want to own it (unlike the S1 and S2 LEs). But I'll have to buy a vanilla version of the season on blu to put next to S1 and S2 on my shelves.

Another thing I am not looking forward to is when they release a complete series down the line and have a complete series LE that includes every episode in B&W. I haven't watched a B&W episode yet, but I want to see them all in that format badly.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I like the LE a lot and I actually want to own it (unlike the S1 and S2 LEs). But I'll have to buy a vanilla version of the season on blu to put next to S1 and S2 on my shelves.

Another thing I am not looking forward to is when they release a complete series down the line and have a complete series LE that includes every episode in B&W. I haven't watched a B&W episode yet, but I want to see them all in that format badly.[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched the B&W Ep1 yet either, but couldn't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down for the other episodes?

And the S1 and S2 LE discs came in standard cases (I have them on the shelf with the rest of my BDs), so I don't see why S3 wouldn't.

umm, I like the show, but not that much that I need or want to buy the Blu-Rays since I considered the show a little too slow for my taste, they should just cut each episode into a half an hour episode crammed w/ stuff. I always feel like 2/3 of an episode are just fillers that don't really do much to grow the characters well.
I do like that case though! Very well done. Wondering what happens if there is a leak or someone knocks it off though?

[quote name='sp00ge']I haven't watched the B&W Ep1 yet either, but couldn't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down for the other episodes?

And the S1 and S2 LE discs came in standard cases (I have them on the shelf with the rest of my BDs), so I don't see why S3 wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the cases. I assumed the discs were hidden away under the heads or something and not in proper cases. I'm going to get this for sure now.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks for the heads up on the cases. I assumed the discs were hidden away under the heads or something and not in proper cases. I'm going to get this for sure now.[/QUOTE]

By "standard case" I meant digibooks, but still pretty much the same thing:

20130219_141943_zps3304503c.jpg

damn these walking dead gift sets just keep getting more & more expensive... I will pre-order now and hope that best buy will have it for $79.99 on release day with a amazon price match.

Thanks. Will there be a $104.99+ pending charge if I preorder on Amazon now?

Edit: just preordered and no charge until it ships i believe.

Kinda scared spending this much lol but I should be able to get free gift cards from various activities and cut the price down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back