Walking Dead Season Three Limited Edition Blu-Ray Gift Set revealed

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I loved the first episode of the second half of S3! So excited to see how this season pans out and who comes out of it alive!

Spoiler

607033.png

#32 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Holy shit that looks like one of the best blu ray box set for a tv show I have seen!

#33 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

wait...am I the only one that feels like that looks stupid as hell :/. I was hoping for just a cool case....
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#34 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

wait...am I the only one that feels like that looks stupid as hell :/. I was hoping for just a cool case....

yes you are. :roll:
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#35 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'm not much for displaying stuff like this myself, but it'll probably still be a purchase either for my nephews or my son. Their shelves are lines with statues from various collectors editions and other game/movie related stuff.

#36 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'll definitely be getting this one. I still have the season 2 zombie head sealed as well. I can't believe the zombie head is going for roughly $200 already.

sixteenvolt420.png

#37 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hopefully this is released during Best Buy's buy $50 in tv sets get $10, buy $100 get $20/25? in giftcards deal they run a few times a year.

This. This promo was running when I picked up the Season 2 CE last year. This one is definitely a buy for me, as well.

And not to be 'that guy' but why does the Michonne statue have two swords? In both the comic and the show, she only has the one katana.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#38 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

This. This promo was running when I picked up the Season 2 CE last year. This one is definitely a buy for me, as well.

And not to be 'that guy' but why does the Michonne statue have two swords? In both the comic and the show, she only has the one katana.

Dammit I'll probably be buying the Season 3 CE as well since I got the Season 2 CE for Xmas. Plus I already preordered that damn Michonne statue! Friggin' money leaving! I had to sell a few items to afford the statue.

Anyway, in an interview with Kirkman, Michonne most likely has 2 katanas because he wanted the statue to be something that was unlike The Walking Dead. He wanted McFarlane Toys to do their own take on the character. You can read the interview here:

http://geek-news.mtv...ichonne-statue/

CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything :booty:  :booty:

#39 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Holy crap! Id love too but that would freak out my son.

This. I still may buy one, but I really don't want to foot the therapy bills for my boy later in life. lol

#40 LanceJr

LanceJr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

if those heads are rubber, little concerned after time the water will make them fall apart over time, I guess like real flesh, but still... here's to hoping to some sorta of plastic

#41 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

I like the LE a lot and I actually want to own it (unlike the S1 and S2 LEs). But I'll have to buy a vanilla version of the season on blu to put next to S1 and S2 on my shelves.

Another thing I am not looking forward to is when they release a complete series down the line and have a complete series LE that includes every episode in B&W. I haven't watched a B&W episode yet, but I want to see them all in that format badly.

#42 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

I like the LE a lot and I actually want to own it (unlike the S1 and S2 LEs). But I'll have to buy a vanilla version of the season on blu to put next to S1 and S2 on my shelves.

Another thing I am not looking forward to is when they release a complete series down the line and have a complete series LE that includes every episode in B&W. I haven't watched a B&W episode yet, but I want to see them all in that format badly.

I haven't watched the B&W Ep1 yet either, but couldn't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down for the other episodes?

And the S1 and S2 LE discs came in standard cases (I have them on the shelf with the rest of my BDs), so I don't see why S3 wouldn't.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#43 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

umm, I like the show, but not that much that I need or want to buy the Blu-Rays since I considered the show a little too slow for my taste, they should just cut each episode into a half an hour episode crammed w/ stuff. I always feel like 2/3 of an episode are just fillers that don't really do much to grow the characters well.
I do like that case though! Very well done. Wondering what happens if there is a leak or someone knocks it off though?

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#44 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I haven't watched the B&W Ep1 yet either, but couldn't you just turn the color saturation on your TV all the way down for the other episodes?

And the S1 and S2 LE discs came in standard cases (I have them on the shelf with the rest of my BDs), so I don't see why S3 wouldn't.

Thanks for the heads up on the cases. I assumed the discs were hidden away under the heads or something and not in proper cases. I'm going to get this for sure now.

#45 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the cases. I assumed the discs were hidden away under the heads or something and not in proper cases. I'm going to get this for sure now.

By "standard case" I meant digibooks, but still pretty much the same thing:

Spoiler

#46 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Up for pre-order on Amazon now for $104.99.

#47 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

damn these walking dead gift sets just keep getting more & more expensive... I will pre-order now and hope that best buy will have it for $79.99 on release day with a amazon price match.

#48 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks. Will there be a $104.99+ pending charge if I preorder on Amazon now?

Edit: just preordered and no charge until it ships i believe.

Kinda scared spending this much lol but I should be able to get free gift cards from various activities and cut the price down a bit.

Edited by D0RC, 11 April 2013 - 09:50 PM.