Aliens: Colonial Marines (Xbox 360)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#91 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Not often I will not finish a campaign on a game I purchased but I have thrown in the towel on this one. Seriously, what a shame this game is. The level designs are mostly so uninspired that the game comes off like a project people were working on in their downtime or something. Literally. You can see the few times someone seemed to care, like a few corridors from Alien that looked familiar or some of the music in the background -- but that's about it.

The only level that generated some terror, ironically, is the one someone linked to above with the Youtube video. In that level you're trying to sneak past some blind aliens who can only detect you with sound -- so they shuffle around and "shut down" and then you go past them. Very claustrophobic and kinda effective, and really the only time in the game when I felt some genuine suspense. (That's not a glitch; those aliens are supposed to behave that way)

Everything else -- outside of the novelty of hearing the Aliens music and the sound effects -- is just SO lame, especially all the outdoor enviroments and such. No detail, nothing to hook you in, even the aliens jumping around get old -- fast. Then because there's obviously not enough there to sustain your interest, they throw in all kinds of human enemies who aren't any more entertaining. Very sad. The multiplayer is a total bust, I tried playing several rounds as the aliens in TDM and our team got shredded every time.

At this point I don't even think this is worth a $20 purchase. Maybe $10 if they come out with some DLC that's fun -- but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#92 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Wow you were able to finish the game?

#93 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Wow you were able to finish the game?

i finished it on hardened :) lol just avoid this game everyone, it all lies!!! not even a finished game -_-
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Everyone saying they want to buy at $10 should just Redbox it. Spend the $2 and feel the pain for a day and be done. Buying the game actually gives someone some money somewhere and they do not deserve it.