Community

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Does anyone round here watch this show? Well after nearly a year season 4 just started a few days ago and I think it was pretty decent.

#2 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm guessing there's a fairly good sized fanbase around here. I love it. Had some minor qualms with the new season, but my biggest problem is with the Troy/Britta relationship. It feels kind of forced.

#3 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I quite like the Troy/Britta thing, now that Britta has loosened up she makes a better match with Troy than Jeff. If it was season 1 Britta that would be another story. I don't thing it's really forced in the sense that during season 2 and early 3 we know Troy has feelings for Britta. Currently going by everyones characters, I'd rather these 2 be together than anyone else.

#4 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

I too like the Troy/Britta thing, though I'm as worried as Shirley for caution. If she gets that boy hooked on drugs... Oh boy.

I was worried about Abed for a while there, especially the progress made in the past three seasons, all to be done away by making him retreat into his imagination. One good thing about it was that Fred Willard does make a better Pierce.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#5 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I don't know, I just don't like it. Britta doesn't honestly feel like she has grown too much as a character to me. Telling Abed to retreat to a happy place just felt like one of those huge mistakes that season 1 Britta would have made and I really just don't feel like her and Troy mesh well together. It feels like a case of make one more popular character hang out with one of the least popular characters in an attempt to get people to like them more.

I never liked Jeff/Britta either. I think he meshes best with Annie.

#6 humancondition

humancondition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Bought all 3 seasons during Black Friday. Heard it was a good show. So glad I did. My fav episode is the history style documentary on the pillow fight and the paintball wars. I really like it. Hope it stays around for a while

#7 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

too me it's feels like troy and britta have no chemistry but then again it's only the 1st episode of the 4th season. hopefully it gets more interesting since it feels like they both have conflicting personalities

#8 obiwayne

obiwayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

I felt like they were veering into generic joke territory in this episode and trying a bit too hard. I had completely forgot about the creative changes made behind the scenes and once I got to the Muppet Baby parody I paused and it hit me what might have changed. There were still good bits, but nothing overly exceptional. Maybe the multi-camera sitcom parody bits threw me off and next week will hit better though.
I can't stand multi-camera sitcom styles, so I hope that is the cause of me not loving it.

#9 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, this episode was a bit odd. I actually thought the entire episode was supposed to be in Abed's mind. At the very beginning Britta told him to go into his happy place, they were right about to go to class, then Abed said one more time to wait a second and retreated to his happy place. So, I thought the rest of it was supposed to be a dream, but I guess after the initial "Sitcom" dream he snapped back and the rest was supposed to be real.

Althought, it wouldn't surprise me if they say the entire season was a dream.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#10 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

I don't know, I just don't like it. Britta doesn't honestly feel like she has grown too much as a character to me. Telling Abed to retreat to a happy place just felt like one of those huge mistakes that season 1 Britta would have made and I really just don't feel like her and Troy mesh well together. It feels like a case of make one more popular character hang out with one of the least popular characters in an attempt to get people to like them more.

I never liked Jeff/Britta either. I think he meshes best with Annie.

I think Annie meshes best with
Spoiler

#11 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

You can tell they're really trying to stick with the themes that Harmon established. For the most part, I think they did all right. I'll wait on judging the new showrunners until we see a few episodes.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#12 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well I quite liked it, I'm one of those that thinks even a bad episode by Community standards is still entertaining anyway.

On the episode where Shirley has her baby and Abed mentions he's delivered in a van earlier in the year, did you know we can actually see him deliver it. I only realised this recently.

#13 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well I quite liked it, I'm one of those that thinks even a bad episode by Community standards is still entertaining anyway.

On the episode where Shirley has her baby and Abed mentions he's delivered in a van earlier in the year, did you know we can actually see him deliver it. I only realised this recently.

I agree. By my standards there hasn't ever been a bad episode of Community. Even the less than perfect ones are great. And yep! I noticed! I actually noticed the first time I watched the episode and I was waiting to see if they'd bring it up.

#14 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I agree. By my standards there hasn't ever been a bad episode of Community. Even the less than perfect ones are great. And yep! I noticed! I actually noticed the first time I watched the episode and I was waiting to see if they'd bring it up.

I feel like a fool lol. Though I did catch one joke where in the shuttle episode Pierce is having a rant at Colonel Sanders to get off his mom and when you see his dad, who does he look and sound like lol.

Plus I don't know what Daybreak is but the theme thing is sooooooo funny ---

#15 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

I thought the new episode was terrible except for the very end. I really hope it picks up because this has been my favorite comedy for a while.

Posted Image

#16 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

new episode on tonight, won't get to watch it till tomorrow when it's online. Hope this ones better, looks good I've enjoyed all the Halloween ones so far.

#17 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

My faith that this show is not going down the shitter was not restored tonight.

Posted Image

#18 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

My faith that this show is not going down the shitter was not restored tonight.

Heard from a few other fans it was funnier than last weeks and I did quite enjoy that one.
Btw your avatar from Eastbound and Down right?

#19 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I too enjoyed this episode, and I guess people didn't like it was because of Jeff's incessant complaining and that it was about Pierce. Can't deny I awwwwed at the ending when Pierce and Giancarlo Esposito hugged.

Loved that bit where Shirley heavily implied that Britta was a whoo-ah to Troy, who acts even more naive than Annie.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#20 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

I didn't care for the last episode of Community.

I have grave concerns this is going to be the weakest season of all. But either way, it's all right because we got three seasons of a television show, that by design, shouldn't have lasted more than a season. Thank you NBC for being a complete failure for ratings overall and allowing this to happen.

#21 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I am in the minority, but this was the first episode of this season that I liked. I l liked it a lot. First episode all season I laughed at, and it made me laugh several times.

#22 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Community used to own but season 4 has been a dumpster fire so far
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#23 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I am in the minority, but this was the first episode of this season that I liked. I l liked it a lot. First episode all season I laughed at, and it made me laugh several times.

Same, actually. The Halloween episode was okay, but this knocked it out of the park for me.

#24 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think I laughed so hard at what Jeff say's about if his hair is falling then someone should call science. I agree so far it's the weakest start to the season out of the 4 but it's still enjoyable that I can look forward to the next episode, unlike How I Met Your Mother.

#25 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

So... you people already forget how much of a mess season 3 was, that you think NOW is when the show is getting bad? Harmon was dropped for a reason.

#26 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Was season 3 a mess?

#27 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Season 3 had some of the most inventive and funny episodes but also had what I would consider some of the more 'bad' episodes but like I said for me even a bad episode of community is better than the average episode of most comedies.

But I'm more than likely a blind fanboy. The one thing I've really disliked about season 4 so far is the drastic under use of Pierce, love that guy so funny.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#28 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Season 3 had some of the most inventive and funny episodes but also had what I would consider some of the more 'bad' episodes but like I said for me even a bad episode of community is better than the average episode of most comedies.

But I'm more than likely a blind fanboy. The one thing I've really disliked about season 4 so far is the drastic under use of Pierce, love that guy so funny.

I think the show's producers are pacing the show for his eventual departure. I remember reading somewhere that Chevy is planning on leaving the show soon.

Also I wasn't a big fan of Abed's Imaginarium episodes, which Season 3 had a lot of from what I can remember.

#29 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think the show's producers are pacing the show for his eventual departure. I remember reading somewhere that Chevy is planning on leaving the show soon.

Also I wasn't a big fan of Abed's Imaginarium episodes, which Season 3 had a lot of from what I can remember.

He is in every episode. They had already filmed most of the episodes by the time he left.

Posted Image

#30 sml_mndz

sml_mndz

I LOVE FANSERVICE XD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Bought all 3 seasons during Black Friday. Heard it was a good show. So glad I did. My fav episode is the history style documentary on the pillow fight and the paintball wars. I really like it. Hope it stays around for a while

"Leonard likes this post."
Posted Image