Community

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Last night's episode's rating was the lowest in the show's history.

On another note, that scene from the Thanksgiving episode where Jeff was telling about his appendectomy scar nearly killed me with sadness. That was rough. I didn't know Joel McHale had that kind of performance in him.

#32 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, even repeats of Shark Tank got better ratings than it. Definitely not a good sign on a chance of it being renewed. To be honest, I'm wondering why they brought the Chang character back. That has probably been the really weak point in this season and it did them no help having last night's episode devoted to him.

It kinda showed last night why Chevy Chase was pissed about his character being so racist. When he had hand puppets of a black guy & his asian wife.

#33 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Season 4 has done a great job of making me feel ok with the show being canceled for good, so there's that I guess

To be completely honest back when Joel started hyping this show on The Soup I thought it sounded terrible and would last like a month so hey it was least fun for a while
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#34 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

It's officially coming back for a fifth season. I've still got the last two episodes of this season to watch, but I can safely say this has definitely been the worst season in my opinion. I'll still watch next year no matter what, but I hope the quality is closer to the first three seasons.

#35 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

I need to watch the finale, but I agree with harry that they need to step it up. They need to stop with the paint by numbers shit, and move the series forward. Literally the only good episode was the Sophie B. Hawkins one.

Posted Image

#36 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

The season finale was probably one of the worst episodes from this season. Hopefully they get their shit together for season 5.

#37 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

F-r-i-e-n-d-s-h-i-p

#38 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

Ill try to remember this thread but I have changneisa

#39 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

It's officially coming back for a fifth season. I've still got the last two episodes of this season to watch, but I can safely say this has definitely been the worst season in my opinion. I'll still watch next year no matter what, but I hope the quality is closer to the first three seasons.

I need to watch the finale, but I agree with harry that they need to step it up. They need to stop with the paint by numbers shit, and move the series forward. Literally the only good episode was the Sophie B. Hawkins one.

I agree with both of these statements. Honestly, though, I feel like NBC has generally been shitting on this show since its debut. Parks and Recreation gets similar treatment (though not to the same extent). NBC was just blessed with 4 very good comedies around the same time...and as The Office and 30 Rock started to grow a little long in the tooth, P&R and Community were just hitting their stride.

I don't think people fully appreciated the two newer comedies because they were so heavily invested in the older two (I know I didn't start watching either until about a year ago...though I've been tired of The Office basically since Steve Carrell left). But with The Office and 30 Rock leaving the network, I thought it would be insane of them to axe P&R and Community as well.

Both shows deserve a legitimate shot of standing on their own and being the premier comedies for Thursday night. I'm just hopeful that with committed seasons, both crews will put in the time to write some really hilarious episodes, because they're both definitely capable of it. This season just felt mailed in because they didn't expect to get renewed anyway.

#40 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Also, I'm sure most people in here have seen this, but this is what convinced me to keep watching the show when I was still making my way through the first season. Some of the bloopers are comedy gold.

#41 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well, I guess with that season finale(which felt like a series finale), I guess they found their way to write out Chevy Chase's character. Also they gave a way to excuse Joel Mchale's character not showing up in the whole 5th season. Not sure what they did with Chang, but seems like they wrote him out too.

This new season already seems like it's going to suck and is just an excuse to bump to the episode count for syndication.

#42 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

It was obviously the worst season if community but not bad by general tv standards to me so I enjoyed it. There were some weak episodes that lacked humor but they did a decent job at telling the stories even if they felt crammed and rushed.

Compared.to the big bang theory, which I also watch, I liked this season but that's my opinion. I can understand why most didn't like it but to me it was still entertaining.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#43 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

I also enjoyed it, but I guess sometimes having a smaller set of episodes doesn't mean you'll be able to write better more concentrated ones. I really like the Dean Spreck character, but I guess time constraints won't let us explore his relationship with Dean Pelton, and why they really hate/love each other so, maybe next year.

Considering next season is only going to be 13 episodes as well, the writers and producers will probably find a way to fit Joel McHale in most if not all of the episodes. I won't really miss Chevy Chase, since he was an asshole, despite all those years that should've humbled him more. They should bring back Fred Willard.

Chewbacca Barnes... Ha. What's really cool is that actual actor for our favorite Wookie was actually born in Barnes, London!

Batsugunner.png

#44 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just read that Harmon might come back. If that happens, they should pull a who shot JR and make this past season a terrible nightmare.

#45 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I just read that Harmon might come back. If that happens, they should pull a who shot JR and make this past season a terrible nightmare.

Not really, I understand if you didn't like it humour wise but I think the characters have progressed decent enough, well except for Annie.

Also where did you hear about Harmons return?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#46 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not really, I understand if you didn't like it humour wise but I think the characters have progressed decent enough, well except for Annie.

Also where did you hear about Harmons return?

http://m.deadline.co...mon-return-too/

This isn't a show where I care about character development. I just want laughs, and they were few and far between this season. I want everyone to maintain the roles they had.Development can stagnate as long as the episodes are good.

#47 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Who watches a sitcom and says "It wasn't funny at all, but there was character development, so it was pretty good"?

#48 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

I agree with both of these statements. Honestly, though, I feel like NBC has generally been shitting on this show since its debut. Parks and Recreation gets similar treatment (though not to the same extent). NBC was just blessed with 4 very good comedies around the same time...and as The Office and 30 Rock started to grow a little long in the tooth, P&R and Community were just hitting their stride.

I don't think people fully appreciated the two newer comedies because they were so heavily invested in the older two (I know I didn't start watching either until about a year ago...though I've been tired of The Office basically since Steve Carrell left). But with The Office and 30 Rock leaving the network, I thought it would be insane of them to axe P&R and Community as well.

Both shows deserve a legitimate shot of standing on their own and being the premier comedies for Thursday night. I'm just hopeful that with committed seasons, both crews will put in the time to write some really hilarious episodes, because they're both definitely capable of it. This season just felt mailed in because they didn't expect to get renewed anyway.

Community was destined to fail. It's first season, it was pitted against Survivor and Bones (both popular series at that point). In its second season CBS move Big Bang Theory into its same timeslot (which pretty much solified its tv ratings downfall). No one was going to run off their favorite established series (in their heights) to give an unknown show credit. Again, it was destined to fail.

#49 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Who watches a sitcom and says "It wasn't funny at all, but there was character development, so it was pretty good"?

Apparently I do...

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#50 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Harmon isn't coming back. He was fired for more than the Chevy stuff. The article is just click bait.

#51 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Community was destined to fail. It's first season, it was pitted against Survivor and Bones (both popular series at that point). In its second season CBS move Big Bang Theory into its same timeslot (which pretty much solified its tv ratings downfall). No one was going to run off their favorite established series (in their heights) to give an unknown show credit. Again, it was destined to fail.

I'd definitely agree with that statement. All the more reason I think NBC needs to give the show a legitimate chance. In a way, I compare it to sports teams with older, established players who despite not performing up to their standards anymore (The Office and 30 Rock) remain in the starting lineup, holding back younger players who are ready to shine.

Not that The Office and 30 Rock weren't top notch comedies at one time. But I've definitely felt the last 2-3 seasons of Community and Parks & Rec were the stronger two shows. Maybe if NBC put a little more marketing and hype behind them, they would have been leading the way instead of lagging behind two shows that were already on their way out.

#52 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I actually agree with this. This season did have good development, but not good enough. It fell flat hard.

#53 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

totally random but turns out my buddy was friends with Alison Brie in highschool O.o

Posted Image

#54 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Pretty crazy. I heard she was a real slore in college.

#55 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Harmon isn't coming back. He was fired for more than the Chevy stuff. The article is just click bait.

Harmon confirmed this past weekend that he's in talks to return.

http://www.hollywood...ommunity-558958

#56 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Harmon confirmed this past weekend that he's in talks to return.

http://www.hollywood...ommunity-558958

That's really something. I would be curious if Sony can eat crow and reinstate him fully, or if they'll just making him a consultant or something.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#57 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Harmon has now confirmed on his Twitter that he will be back!

Dan Harmon ‏@danharmon 1h
RT @dpeanutbutter: @danharmon GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER! ~ Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale.
Posted Image

#58 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

I know most of this talk is about the newer season/new season coming out but I just wanted to say that I just recently started watching this on Hulu and having never seen an episode beforehand, I'm really really enjoying this show. I think I'm at around episode 16ish and have basically enjoyed all of them so far. It kinda sucks to hear that things start to go downhill around season 4 but I'll probably still watch it all since I usually watch all the episodes of a show even when there are seasons that a lot of people didn't like and usually I'll still at least enjoy them somewhat.

659629.png?68329996

#59 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, if you're enjoying it, then all the seasons are definitely worth watching. A bad season of Community is better than most other sitcoms.

#60 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Donald Glover (Troy) will only appear in 5 episodes next season.

http://www.tvguide.c...er-1067600.aspx