Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

so use a Credit card

#32 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

my debit card has fraud protect

This is just me, but I would rather have the bank's money taken while they investigate rather than my own money. Unless you really trust your bank to do the right thing and return your money. :roll:

#33 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

The owner is still on CAG, as a matter of fact he is giving out some free 48 hour xbox live codes in another section of the CAG forums.

http://www.cheapassg...t=216207&page=9

Oh I know. :D

I was mainly just giving a history spiel on the site so people understand why they are legit, and not just me saying yes they are.

But yeah, he's definitely still around. Just not posting deals as often as he used to on CAG.
Posted Image

#34 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Usually only up to a certain amount, so if someone jacks your account b/c you used a debit card not only do you not have your funds while they are researching it but there are less protections since it is your money.

With credit cards you can file a complaint which goes through a lot quicker and it's not your money so you're not out the cash ahead of time. Plus the Feds require purchases over $50 MUST be resolved within 60 days with credit cards.

It's just more secure in the long run...

Just my 2 cents in my 15 years of online purchasing.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#35 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

I used Google Checkout and it seemed to work fine. Just be sure to never use a debit card for online purchases.

Why Not

A debit card is drawn from your checking account which is your own money. A credit card is money taken directly from the bank your borrowing from. So when somebody commits fraud on you, your bank takes care of it since it is essentially the bank's money being stolen not your own.

ok so Why not use a Credit or debit card

Debt cards aren't the same as a CC. With a CC you file a complain and you lose nothing... with a debit card you file a complain and they attempt to get your money back. Who knows when that'll happen...

Technically they all do. But the difference is, with a CC your liability is protected under law. With a Debit card you're protected under a company policy. And that policy often still leaves you liable for a chunk of whatever was taken out. This can be anywhere from $50-500 if you catch if fast enough. If it goes past a couple weeks your protection can drop to nothing.

so use a Credit card

Remind me to never reply to a question asked by starmask. :wall:

#36 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

I don't think I'll ever bite on ps+ at this point. Maybe I'm trolling but as long as I can play online I'm not paying. Damn you Xbox live, had to buy a year of that.

#37 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

I don't think I'll ever bite on ps+ at this point. Maybe I'm trolling but as long as I can play online I'm not paying. Damn you Xbox live, had to buy a year of that.

Free games plus pretty solid discounts = worth the money at this price.

I'm in for it...15 months for 40 bucks equals 2.50 and a bit for those free games for my Vita and PS3. Great deal.

#38 SlightlyOffTrack

SlightlyOffTrack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

15 months of PSN for $40 and a free remote? Woohoo! Thanks OP! This will make up for the $18 PSN automatically charged me after my trials wore out... >.<

So you'll pay for the privilege to play online, but you won't spend ~$3 a month for a big catalog of games to play free. Okay.

#39 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

anyone know what remote you are getting and is anyone looking only for the remote

i place an offer i used my capital one CC

Edited by starmask2k3, 10 February 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#40 cantonpop

cantonpop

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

bought one thanks a lot. missed out on the ebay deal awhile back, but this one is just as good :)

#41 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Thanks OP, could care less about the remote but with the additional 3 months that will be added for PS+, as long as I get this by Marth 5th I'll be quite happy.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#42 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Had to jump on this. No-brainer if you own a PS3.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#43 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Thanks OP, could care less about the remote but with the additional 3 months that will be added for PS+, as long as I get this by Marth 5th I'll be quite happy.

Agreed.

#44 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

bit on this as well, hopefully this gets here before the final fantasy sale ends

#45 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Eh, was going to wait for something crazy like last year's E3 cards, but at $40 for 15 months + a little remote, I can't really turn it down.

#46 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Eh, was going to wait for something crazy like last year's E3 cards, but at $40 for 15 months + a little remote, I can't really turn it down.

There was a deal during last year's E3?

#47 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Didn't some people report problems with GDD?
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#48 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

There was a deal during last year's E3?

No, but the attendees got one-year PS+ cards after Sony announced Instant Game Collection and naturally people sold those cards on eBay. Some as low as $25! I got mine for $35, but it'd be worth it at triple that for all the games I've played through it.

#49 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Tempted, but Plus hasn't had anything that interests me these past few months (EU gets way better frebies IMO)

#50 Dabears34

Dabears34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

in for 1+, thanks OP.

#51 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

If I hadn't spent $35 dollars for $50 of PSN I'd totally buy this, but I went that route to get my PS+ extended since there were no deals a few days ago. Got tired looking up and down on ebay and amazon.

Tempted, but Plus hasn't had anything that interests me these past few months (EU gets way better frebies IMO)

I agree. I think PS+ is easily worth it though if you have both a PS3 and a Vita, regardless of what EU PS+ gets. Lots of free games between the two systems from Plus.

So you'll pay for the privilege to play online, but you won't spend ~$3 a month for a big catalog of games to play free. Okay.

And I'd pay for the privilege to play online from MS. I think their online experience is superior to PS. PS+ is great for free games and great discounts on games though.
Posted Image

#52 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

bit on this as well, hopefully this gets here before the final fantasy sale ends

This card will benefit you in no way with regards to the Final Fantasy sale. There are no better prices for Plus members.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#53 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Mmm tyring to order through google, but it doesn't seem to show my name. Is that the normal?

#54 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I agree. I think PS+ is easily worth it though if you have both a PS3 and a Vita, regardless of what EU PS+ gets. Lots of free games between the two systems from Plus.

I'd definetily get it if I had a Vita, but sadly I don't. Darksiders, MegaMan, and the others don't really interest me. All I really care to play are LBP2 and R&C:A4O, but these are so cheap now that it's not saving much. I know it's a great deal, but I just can't justify it somehow:roll:

#55 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

I'd definetily get it if I had a Vita, but sadly I don't. Darksiders, MegaMan, and the others don't really interest me. All I really care to play are LBP2 and R&C:A4O, but these are so cheap now that it's not saving much. I know it's a great deal, but I just can't justify it somehow:roll:

Just imagine all the cool stuff that'll be available on there in the next 15 months.

#56 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

In 4 1.

#57 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Just imagine all the cool stuff that'll be available on there in the next 15 months.

But with the PS4 coming out soon, how much are they going to focus on PS3? I know they support there consoles long term, but will it honestly get that much better with there attention on releasing a whole new system? I expect they'll try to get some support early on, unlike the Vita. Idk, maybe I'm completely wrong, in which case I'll feel really stupid for missing this. Any idea how long this is going to last?

#58 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

What's the bonus 3 months I've been hearing about?

#59 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Buy a 1-Year Plus membership between now and March 5(or is it 4th), and you get 3 free bonus months. Also applies to 3-month cards, you get an extra month.

#60 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

http://blog.us.plays...-3-months-free/