PS+ with Blu-Ray Remote for $40

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#61 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Wow that is a great deal considering you don't have to purchase the subscription directly from Sony...or am I wrong in this notion? In any case, wouldn't redeeming a more proper word?
Sorry for the questions-my knowledge in this scene is a bit lacking

#62 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

After thinking it over, decided to bite. It's a good deal with the added 3 months and I remember ordering from this guy awhile back.

#63 Razorblood

Razorblood

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

15 months + remote for $39.99. In. Been meaning to sign up long term with PS+.
Lets get some good deals on great games.

#64 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I would get this but I really want to know if this stacks with the free 3 month offer Sony is giving out to ppl who purchase PS+.

#65 acthechamp

acthechamp

CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I would get this but I really want to know if this stacks with the free 3 month offer Sony is giving out to ppl who purchase PS+.

Yes it stacks three months.

#66 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

bit on this as well, hopefully this gets here before the final fantasy sale ends

Woah thanks for this I completely forgot about the sale. I'm finally going play FF7 for the first time :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#67 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

This card will benefit you in no way with regards to the Final Fantasy sale. There are no better prices for Plus members.

damn well that's lame, might as well buy those games now then

#68 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I too was gonna buy a 12 month and this works out well. Thanks OP

#69 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Technically they all do. But the difference is, with a CC your liability is protected under law. With a Debit card you're protected under a company policy. And that policy often still leaves you liable for a chunk of whatever was taken out. This can be anywhere from $50-500 if you catch if fast enough. If it goes past a couple weeks your protection can drop to nothing.

While I'm not disagreeing, the real difference why CC's are better is because CC companies have a billing cycle to vendors (usually its a 30 day cycle, but some CC's like AmEx take 45 days for certain purchases (which is why mom and pop's restaurants usually accept Visas over AmEx and/or less transactionfees)).

So anyway, if you have a dispute over the purchase, the CC company technically hasn't paid the vendor yet either, unless they have gone through their payment cycle. But even if they have paid the vendor and that vendor is fraudulent, then the CC company can "black list" that vendor from accepting said CC in the future. Vendors obv don't want that since they lose customers that way.

Debit cards are wired to your bank account and therefore the vendor instantly gets cash money. it's kind of like asking for a return for oranges you bought from a street vendor. good luck getting your dough back.

#70 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Op, in for one.

#71 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Well I bit. Thanks OP.

#72 BradGrenz

BradGrenz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

While I'm not disagreeing, the real difference why CC's are better is because CC companies have a billing cycle to vendors (usually its a 30 day cycle, but some CC's like AmEx take 45 days for certain purchases (which is why mom and pop's restaurants usually accept Visas over AmEx and/or less transactionfees)).

So anyway, if you have a dispute over the purchase, the CC company technically hasn't paid the vendor yet either, unless they have gone through their payment cycle. But even if they have paid the vendor and that vendor is fraudulent, then the CC company can "black list" that vendor from accepting said CC in the future. Vendors obv don't want that since they lose customers that way.

Debit cards are wired to your bank account and therefore the vendor instantly gets cash money. it's kind of like asking for a return for oranges you bought from a street vendor. good luck getting your dough back.

These days your Visa and Mastercard have fraud guarantees on debit cards and most banks will credit back your account within 24 hours when you dispute a fraudulent charge. Money doesn't automagically make it vendors any faster from a debit card than a credit card and the charge-back process is identical on their end.

#73 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Didn't some people report problems with GDD?

Yep. People don't seem to remember why there is no longer a GDD thread.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

^^^^^_
why

#75 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

These days your Visa and Mastercard have fraud guarantees on debit cards and most banks will credit back your account within 24 hours when you dispute a fraudulent charge. Money doesn't automagically make it vendors any faster from a debit card than a credit card and the charge-back process is identical on their end.

I would still rather use my credit card to make online purchases than my debit card. Even if debit cards have similar fraud guarantees, I'd still be uncomfortable disclosing my debit card number online (which has direct access to real cash).

#76 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I bit. Been looking for a deal on a year.

#77 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Perfect deal for this new PS3 owner. This means I won't have to rush through all the PS+ games in two weeks before my free trial expires.

Thanks for the heads up!

#78 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

bought one, thanks. Will use it for the next ps4 as well (it should carry over I guess)

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#79 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

This is mostly false. Vendors don't wait 30 days to get paid. The CC processing company they use might but stores usually get their money in 1 to 2 days from when it's run regardless of if it's debit or credit. The only difference is most CC processing companies give you a discounted percentage rate for debit over CC. And the main reason places don't take Amex is because their percentage rate is double what visa and mastercard is.

I run a company that deals in large volumes of CC transactions. If we had to wait 30-45 days to get our money we'd be broke and out of stock 3 weeks out of the month.

#80 bigsgg

bigsgg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

$67.98= 1 year ($49.99) + 3 months ($17.99). This deal gives you that and a remote for $39.99. It is a no brainer if you want to subscribe to the service. I have been a plus member since the beginning and it is a service that is well worth its price and then some. I have 2 ps3s and one blu-ray remote (sony brand), this will give me coverage for both ps3s :)

#81 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well I changed my mind. I hadn't know that Quantum Conundrum was free, and I've really wanted to play it. Also, with the free bonus months, this comes out to around $2.60 a month!

#82 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I hope I can unload that remote though. They seem to sell for $5 on ebay (not much, but I don't need it)

#83 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

If someone somehow gets an extra 1 yr code, please contact me for a sale!

#84 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

So, I'm only interested in the PS+ code. Has $40 been the best deal as of late?

#85 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks OP. I bit even though I already have 2 years of PS+ with the extra 3 months and remote which I need it is the best deal I will find for PS+ and should carry well over into the PS4. I really love being a PS+ member it's the best deal in gaming by far and getting free game each week makes it so worth it.

#86 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

bought one.. not sure if I should get one more...

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#87 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm not as crazy about PS+ as most CAGs are, but $40 for 15 months (and that SWEET remote! :D) is a no-brainer. Especially since my trial from the Amazon Black Friday Vita sale is about to end.

bought one.. not sure if I should get one more...

I personally wouldn't. You already have at least 15 months after you get the first one in the mail (counting whatever's on your subscription now). It's not like there won't be another deal on PS+ in the next 15+ months, and a lot can change in that time, too.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#88 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

You guys sure you get 3 months with the card? Sometimes promotions don't work like that in the store.

For example, when they had the "spend $100, get $20 back"...if you added a year code of PS+ (by card) it didn't count as $50 to the promotion. However if you bought a year of PS+ through the store, it did count.
Posted Image

#89 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

So, I'm only interested in the PS+ code. Has $40 been the best deal as of late?

Some people said they found $25/$35 on ebay, but that was an exception (Sony gave codes for free to E3 attendees). I'd say this is the best deal you'll find, especially because of the 3 bonus months you get (less than $2.75 a month). When you look at it, it's hard to resist (hence me changing my mind and getting one). You may also be able to unload the remote for a couple bucks on ebay (going for $1-10 regularly). I'd get in while you can!

#90 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

You guys sure you get 3 months with the card? Sometimes promotions don't work like that in the store.

For example, when they had the "spend $100, get $20 back"...if you added a year code of PS+ (by card) it didn't count as $50 to the promotion. However if you bought a year of PS+ through the store, it did count.

People have reported that cards do count, on another thread somewhere. And that make's sense as you never actually bought anything off of them. That would be like buying a $50 PSN card and expecting it to count.