Photo
- - - - -

PS+ with Blu-Ray Remote for $40

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#91 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

In for one, hopefully I get the card before the extra 3 month promo is over.

#92 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

You guys sure you get 3 months with the card? Sometimes promotions don't work like that in the store.

For example, when they had the "spend $100, get $20 back"...if you added a year code of PS+ (by card) it didn't count as $50 to the promotion. However if you bought a year of PS+ through the store, it did count.

I'm confident it will work because I was just reading even those who buy the PS3 bundles with 12 months of PS+ will get the extra 3 months as long as they redeem it by march 4th. So this leads me to believe it will work with any code redeemed during this promotion no matter where you buy the card or how long you've had it. Fingers crossed though because I'm still not 100% sure especially since I expected the $20 for spending $100 but didn't get it because of how I purchased the PS+ subscription or something can't remember exact details but I was disappointed in that.

#93 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

People have reported that cards do count, on another thread somewhere. And that make's sense as you never actually bought anything off of them. That would be like buying a $50 PSN card and expecting it to count.

But, you can buy a $50 psn card and use it to pay for a subscription to get the bonus. ;)

#94 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

But, you can buy a $50 psn card and use it to pay for a subscription to get the bonus. ;)

Well they really should have done that then, but either way, this one does look to count. Question to anyone that's bought from this site: how long is shipping? Will I for sure get it by March 4/5 because I'll be rally ticked off if I don't:hot:

#95 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Well they really should have done that then, but either way, this one does look to count. Question to anyone that's bought from this site: how long is shipping? Will I for sure get it by March 4/5 because I'll be rally ticked off if I don't:hot:

I have ordered from them probably 3-4 times in the past, and shipping usually took 7-10 days I believe.

#96 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm not as crazy about PS+ as most CAGs are, but $40 for 15 months (and that SWEET remote! :D) is a no-brainer. Especially since my trial from the Amazon Black Friday Vita sale is about to end.

I personally wouldn't. You already have at least 15 months after you get the first one in the mail (counting whatever's on your subscription now). It's not like there won't be another deal on PS+ in the next 15+ months, and a lot can change in that time, too.

true.. I got a bunch of 30days codes too (from the Vita purchase..) hoping to offload them somehow.. this seems like a much better deal if one's going for one year anyway

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#97 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

You guys sure you get 3 months with the card? Sometimes promotions don't work like that in the store.

For example, when they had the "spend $100, get $20 back"...if you added a year code of PS+ (by card) it didn't count as $50 to the promotion. However if you bought a year of PS+ through the store, it did count.

On the playStation blog post announcing the deal, the author confirmed in the comments that store physical subscription cards do indeed get the extra 3 months.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-sign-up-for-a-1-year-membership-get-3-months-free/

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:
Just got the news that it WILL work if you buy a 1 year Plus membership at retail. As long as you redeem it anytime from now until 3/4.

#98 Duke Silver

Duke Silver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Lol, they are selling lots of 25 of those BR remotes for $30:
http://www.gamedeald...hp?product=1916

I wouldn't expect too much from them.

#99 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Why should I have done that, when I got $15 off a year of PS+ through Best Buy? ;)
Posted Image

#100 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Why should I have done that, when I got $15 off a year of PS+ through Best Buy? ;)

Well that's a lot off variables that I didn't take into account. The point is, the 3 months do work with store cards so there's no problem

#101 HatchbackMustang

HatchbackMustang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I would jump all over this if it were the official blu-ray remote for the Playstation 3 made by Sony, but I think I would rather just use my regular DS3 still. I am no doubt looking to pick up PS+ on the cheap again after getting it last year for for 1-year for 17.49 at Target, but I dunno about this deal.

#102 cnote 40

cnote 40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

nice deal on the ps+

thanks OP!

#103 Cap03

Cap03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you get the PS+ will you still get the three months or do you have to activate it from the PS Store?

#104 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

This is a great deal. I was thinking about picking up a year of Plus anyway, so this is worth it, even if the remote is shit.

Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#105 vherub

vherub

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

too bad it's the intec remote instead of the nyko. still, free is a good price if it works decently

#106 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

I paid with Paypal and the GDD site didn't ask for my address or anything. Do they just get it from Paypal?

#107 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I paid with Paypal and the GDD site didn't ask for my address or anything. Do they just get it from Paypal?

Yes. When you pay with PayPal, it asks on the same page that says "Pay Now"
Posted Image

#108 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I would jump all over this if it were the official blu-ray remote for the Playstation 3 made by Sony, but I think I would rather just use my regular DS3 still. I am no doubt looking to pick up PS+ on the cheap again after getting it last year for for 1-year for 17.49 at Target, but I dunno about this deal.

$18!!! Dang, wish I'd caught that. For everyone that's looking for a remote, check if your TV supports HDMI control. I just turned on the setting on my TV and in the PS3 and now I can control menus, movie playback, and most all other basic functions. My TV is an older Toshiba, so I'm pretty sure all newer ones support this (Vizeo also).

#109 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yes. When you pay with PayPal, it asks on the same page that says "Pay Now"

Do they offer any kind of tracking? I'm still waiting on my confirmation email, and I've never bought from them (nor heard of them) before this

#110 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Do they offer any kind of tracking? I'm still waiting on my confirmation email, and I've never bought from them (nor heard of them) before this

Check your spam folder - Gmail put my order confirmation e-mail in there.

#111 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Check your spam folder - Gmail put my order confirmation e-mail in there.

Yep, there it was. Thaks:applause:

#112 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Took the deal mainly for the PS+, the BS remote was just a bonus

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13

#113 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

This site is OK. I purchased a Forza 4 Limited Edition last Friday, and I just received it yeaterday. Although the packing is Spanish version, the game and all DLC are in English, I recommend this site to everyone!

#114 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Apparently you have to email their support to get the tracking number. And by the way it's worded you'll only get it if you don't receive it within the estimated delivery time.
Posted Image

#115 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

My order shipped out today on a sunday

#116 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Took the deal mainly for the PS+, the BS remote was just a bonus

+1 I am going to try and sell the remote for some of the different of the PS+ card and I wish they sent out fodes

#117 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

My order shipped out today on a sunday

Did you get a second email with a shipping confirmation?

#118 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I just got the E-mail now :-) there wasn't a Dc# with it and it doesn't say how they shipped it with

Hello Anthony Mercado,

Great news! Your order has shipped, and should arrive soon. Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order

Edited by starmask2k3, 11 February 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#119 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

If you get the PS+ will you still get the three months or do you have to activate it from the PS Store?

I believe someone in the PSN deals thread said that it's any year-long PS+ subscription activated between now and 3/5, doesn't have to be purchased directly through the PSN store.

15 months of PS+ for $40 comes out to about $2.66 per month. Totally worth it.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#120 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

15 months of PSN for $40 and a free remote? Woohoo! Thanks OP! This will make up for the $18 PSN automatically charged me after my trials wore out... >.<

So you'll pay for the privilege to play online, but you won't spend ~$3 a month for a big catalog of games to play free. Okay.

Yeah, have too many friends and a backlog as it is, sorry for trolling good deal just not for me. Actually you just put me on the fence for a min.