Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#271 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?

Sigh....you're seriously lazy enough you can't go to the website and see what's going on...? =/

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

but an unexpected rights issue needs to be cleared on the opening song before we can proceed with release. Our only alternative to clearing this issue would be to take the opening song and animation out of the game completely. We didn't want that, and we know most if not all fans wouldn't be happy with that, either.

It boils down to they dubbed the opening song, had some copyrights issues and they now have to clear it with the companies in JPN before they get the greenlight.

Can't really blame Vic on this one, who woulda thunk there'd be an issue with dubbing a song? O_o;
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#272 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

...I actually quoted the thing I was "too lazy" to look up.

#273 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Whoa...so this is kind of like a new Working Designs release? As I recall, the first game got terrible reviews, but just based on it being Working Designs and for the PSP I'm super tempted to buy this (as a physical release).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#274 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sigh....you're seriously lazy enough you can't go to the website and see what's going on...? =/

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

It boils down to they dubbed the opening song, had some copyrights issues and they now have to clear it with the companies in JPN before they get the greenlight.

Can't really blame Vic on this one, who woulda thunk there'd be an issue with dubbing a song? O_o;

most people who run a company would.. why would anyone think you would NOT NEED the rights to dub a copyright song.
WOOOO I STINK

#275 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

most people who run a company would.. why would anyone think you would NOT NEED the rights to dub a copyright song.

Vic's answer was they did it before (Lunar), and it's mostly a rights issue with the Seiyu singing the song, hence he didn't think they'd object to the use of the song with their english dub. He guessed wrong.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#276 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

To be expected. As long as it gets out and done. I don't care. I dont' mind waiting.

#277 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Update from Vic

Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

First of all, thanks to all of you for hanging in there! We've had a completed game for months, so it seems weird to still be talking about a game you can't play yet. But, we're almost there.

Okay, let's get the Bad News out of the way:

So, after weeks of working to resolve a licensing issue that came up with the opening song to the opening animation literally days before it went live on PSN, we're still not close to having it resolved.

Our Solution (Good News):
Rather than hold the game up even longer while we're trying to work this out, we are resubmitting the game (both digital and physical format) to Sony QA WITHOUT the opening animation and song. Once the rights issue is resolved, we'll put the opening back in, run it through QA again, and put it on PSN for everyone to download. This way, fans will finally be able to play the game, we can gauge interest and enthusiasm for our work, and it won't push Class of Heroes 3 into 2014 by waiting forever to release a finished Class of Heroes 2.

Note that the final opening animation may or may not include the original song. If we can't resolve the rights issue, we're discussing getting a replacement song from Acquire. One way or another, though, the opening will be put back.

Even Better News:

The physical+digital presales will open on the GAIJINWORKS site next week. They will only be open for 7-10 days, and once those sales are closed, there will be no way to get a physical version of the game. There will be no re-runs, ever, so digital on PSN will be the only way to get it after that point.

The Best News So Far:
We've been working with Sony on this somewhat unusual bit of fanservice, and it looks like we will be able to have the fan-preferred method of emailing the download codes for physical+digital edition buyers. This means that even if the physical product lags the PSN debut, fans that buy the physical+digital edition will be able to download the game immediately, in advance of the actual boxed product with the download code delivered via email.

Okay, one more Bad Bit:
We had to raise the price $2 to $36.99 on the digital+physical version to account for slightly higher shipping, manufacture, and fulfillment costs than we originally estimated, due to the very low run of units. The PSN digital-only version is still $24.99.

Thanks again for hanging in there! We're looking forward to letting you play in the world we've been living in!

My quick thoughts as some people have been in a uproar over loosing the lame intro as a possibility, but first, the intro...(link grabbed from Neogaf, where there are people throwing fits about this....)

Seriously, how many here are going to watch it once, then jam the start button over and over cursing it is taking too long for the game to load up since they have to wait for that dang intro to load up...again.

To me it's not that big of a loss or something that will affect the quality of the game, it's been delayed a month already bring it out, I say, no more time to waste dilly-dallying around with something so trivial.

#278 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

I couldn't care less about the intro. I watch it once and then start enjoying the game. If anything, I would suggest Gaijin release it as an HD video for members to download/watch on Youtube or something. No need to waste time resubmitting to Sony and such.

Also, $37 for physical + digital = not bad at all. I can play the digital version on my PS Vita while waiting for the PSP boxed version to arrive.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#279 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

So is this game actually any GOOD? I'd love to buy it 'cause of the Working Designs connection and my love for PSP games, but I remember the previous one got iffy reviews...

And yeah, price doesn't seem bad, I mean that's right in line with what games cost now.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#280 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Preorders open Monday!
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#281 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

So is this game actually any GOOD? I'd love to buy it 'cause of the Working Designs connection and my love for PSP games, but I remember the previous one got iffy reviews...

And yeah, price doesn't seem bad, I mean that's right in line with what games cost now.

Vic says its a lot more streamlined and tighter than COH 1.

But why listen to me check this gameplay trailer out and see if it interested you instead.

#282 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

^ That's footage of the PS3 version. In some countries you can probably get thrown in jail for false advertising like that, but whatever, they've been doing it since the Kickstarter, and no one seems to care.

#283 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Since when is it coming out on PS3?

#284 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

It's not -- that's the whole problem. They've been releasing PS3 footage to show off a PSP game, and yet, there won't even be a PS3 release in the West so they had no business capturing that footage in the first place. They've actually managed to fool a bunch of sites into uploading PS3 screenshots to the PSP version page. You shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

#285 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

It's not -- that's the whole problem. They've been releasing PS3 footage to show off a PSP game, and yet, there won't even be a PS3 release in the West so they had no business capturing that footage in the first place. They've actually managed to fool a bunch of sites into uploading PS3 screenshots to the PSP version page. You shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

I'm glad you mentioned this, though it won't change my desire to buy the game. I asked about this on the YT channel and actually got a response:

Q: Is this PSP footage? Because the video for the KS page shows graphics that just don't seem possible for the PSP. Now, if this was a PS Vita-only project, that video on the KS page would seem entirely possible. I'm hearing rumors that this was originally supposed to be a PS3 project and that the video shows PS3 footage?

A: This is PSP footage from the actual game. The KS page was PS3 footage because we didn't have the dev systems and that's all we could capture at the time.

#286 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well, the trailer up there ^ is definitely from the PS3 version. An easy way to tell the difference is by the character portraits. On the PSP they are hugging the borders of the screen, whereas on the PS3 the entire battle interface is floating in the center.

Also, not having a PSP dev unit is a pretty weak excuse. First off, you don't need one to capture PSP footage, and secondly, they could've just repurposed some media from the Japanese site.

Admittedly I hadn't checked the Gaijinworks YouTube channel until now, and it looks they finally added some actual PSP footage in February, but that's a long time to have all your promotional material come from a superior version. Even to this day, the MonkeyPaw site just shows PS3 footage. It remains pretty shady as they haven't been upfront about it.

#287 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

First world problems

#288 buffbov

buffbov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Preorder link is now up :) http://www.gaijinwor...presale_reg.htm

#289 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

^ I got the e-mail containing the preorder link too.

This is for the generic "anyone who wants one can purchase one" edition right?

And was it always supposed to be $36.99? For some reason I thought I remember reading it was going to be less then $30.

#290 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ordered 1 copy. It was supposed to be $34.99 I think but they had to raise it $2. Anyway, looking forward to the digital copy sooner rather than later if all goes well :)

#291 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ordered 1 copy. It was supposed to be $34.99 I think but they had to raise it $2. Anyway, looking forward to the digital copy sooner rather than later if all goes well :)

Could the digital copy be played on the Vita?

I have a functional PSP-3000 (two actually) but I'm not that good with digital content and I didn't know if digital PSP games downloaded from the PS Store can be played on the vita.

#292 Exuro

Exuro

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

It is great to see that this finally went live! I missed out on the original Kickstarter (didn't actually have a PSP at the time so that was completely off the radar) so I am glad I could pitch in for this one. I wonder just how different and also how rare the Kickstarter version will be since many of those ordering will probably be those who supported the original KS.

It seems like the original backers can buy either version via the email they get which is a nice feature. I ended up ordering two so if anyone out there who supported the KS would be interested in trading for a normal version I would certainly appreciate it. In the end though I am just happy to be getting this game in the first place so kudos to everyone who supported this!

#293 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Could the digital copy be played on the Vita?

I have a functional PSP-3000 (two actually) but I'm not that good with digital content and I didn't know if digital PSP games downloaded from the PS Store can be played on the vita.

Yes, I believe this has been confirmed to be Vita compatible.

#294 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

so kickstarter was prior to the sign up for the physical version or are these two consider the same thing?

#295 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

anyone know if you can DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT INTO THE VITA or you need a ps3 to download and then transfer it
WOOOO I STINK

#296 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

anyone know if you can DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT INTO THE VITA or you need a ps3 to download and then transfer it

Not sure yet. Depends on how it is when Sony puts it on the PSN store...

#297 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Not sure yet. Depends on how it is when Sony puts it on the PSN store...

kind of stupid then cause someone can buy this saying they was getting a digital code they said i could use on my vita.. They never said i needed a PS3 to play it and hit them with a chargeback

then again they are not sending the stuff out for up to 8 weeks and by that time you probally cant do a charge back....
WOOOO I STINK

#298 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

kind of stupid then cause someone can buy this saying they was getting a digital code they said i could use on my vita.. They never said i needed a PS3 to play it and hit them with a chargeback

then again they are not sending the stuff out for up to 8 weeks and by that time you probally cant do a charge back....

I don't think it's going to be that dire, but I'm already having second thoughts. I'm not really sold on the first person dungeon crawler aspect, but I've been craving a new RPG lately. Perhaps I'll just throw this up on eBay when I get it unless a CAG wants it.

#299 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

^ I got the e-mail containing the preorder link too.

This is for the generic "anyone who wants one can purchase one" edition right?

And was it always supposed to be $36.99? For some reason I thought I remember reading it was going to be less then $30.

You could be thinking of the Digital-only PSN version that will be $24.99 on PSN the day of release. It was always $34.99 for Physical+Digital version, but now with the $2 added on for shipping.

#300 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I don't think it's going to be that dire, but I'm already having second thoughts. I'm not really sold on the first person dungeon crawler aspect, but I've been craving a new RPG lately. Perhaps I'll just throw this up on eBay when I get it unless a CAG wants it.

well that vic person said you can download it right into the vita

It has been approved as Vita-compatible and will be tagged on the Vita store on day one, so you can download straight to the Vita. It's the one thing we heard fans wanted over and over, so we made sure it was taken care of.

so i did a order... if something does come up and they go o you need a ps3 all hell is going to hit the fan
WOOOO I STINK