Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

buffbov

CAGiversary!
This game is certainly mentioned in the Japanese Niche Titles thread, but with only 5 days to go to get the 2500 physical copy pledges necessary I felt COH2 needed its own thread. And Yes this will turn into a deal if enough people sign up, because we'll be able to buy the physical UMD w/ color book as well as a free digital download playable on Vita. Let's go folks, sign up!

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

UPDATE: I have removed the original information regarding setting up an Amazon Payments account, because it seems that it may not be necessary. If you are concerned about this, set one up just to be safe. I advise anyone with questions about this to read through the thread, as many folks have posted on this topic.

UPDATE: We did it! At least 2,500 folks have signed up and there will be a physical release of this game:applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if you do sign up, don't forget to click the link in your email! You MUST click the email link for your pledge to be counted.

This is great and all, but you should probably only sign up if you're actually interested in the game. False signups would invalidate this process and make future endeavors less likely.

[quote name='CAGMoose']This is great and all, but you should probably only sign up if you're actually interested in the game. False signups would invalidate this process and make future endeavors less likely.[/QUOTE]

I never insinuated that anyone sign up falsely. Not sure why you even suggest that, although I agree with your point. If people haven't happened to read the correct pages of the Niche Titles thread, they may be completely unaware of this signup drive. I'm sure there are plenty of genuine signups out there that are completely unaware of this game, or may find out after it's too late. I created the thread specifically to get genuine signups from people that were unaware of this game/signup drive. I sincerely hope it helps, and the game does better as a result.

[quote name='Squarehard']People should stop posting this in the deals section. There was already a thread previously, and it's been moved to the proper section as shown below,

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337845[/QUOTE]

I disagree. This will become a deal, and you know what else...a lot of people only look at the deals thread. The point of this thread is to create awareness of a potential DEAL that a lot of folks may be interested in. I believe the thread is in correct location, and if you don't like it don't look at it. It is a deal, troll elsewhere.

[quote name='buffbov']I disagree. This will become a deal, and you know what else...a lot of people only look at the deals thread. The point of this thread is to create awareness of a potential DEAL that a lot of folks may be interested in. I believe the thread is in correct location, and if you don't like it don't look at it. It is a deal, troll elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

It's not whether I like it or not. The fact that the exact same thread has already been moved once before means that somebody else obviously agrees with me that this doesn't belong in this section. Don't get mad at me because you're having a hard time convincing people this is a deal.

[quote name='buffbov']This game is certainly mentioned in the Japanese Niche Titles thread, but with only 5 days to go to get the 2500 physical copy pledges necessary I felt COH2 needed its own thread. And Yes this will turn into a deal if enough people sign up, because we'll be able to buy the physical UMD w/ color book as well as a free digital download playable on Vita. Let's go folks, sign up!

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

I really want a physical copy of this game! We can do it!:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah a thread just like this was moved to the PSP/Vita gaming folder. I'm all for raising awareness for the game, but technically this isn't a deal since the product doesn't really exist so far.

I think this is a deal that just hasn't happened yet and should stay in the deals section. Especially since it is critical for information about this to spread quickly since it is time sensitive.

Yeah I asked this in the niche thread why somebody doesn't make a topic in the deals area just for it and I got my answer the posts couldn't have been but a few days old too. I was linked to that Vita/PSP section thread which isn't very active sadly. I agree false signups are not going to help but this is a sweet deal regardless at least worth looking into and it will help paith the way for future physical PSP releases that is always something to think about too when you signup.

me being a huge rpg supporter and long time cager i say leave it here. itll get most looks here then in a niche forum section. i put in my vote for 2 copies as i LOVED the first one.

[quote name='gauu']me being a huge rpg supporter and long time cager i say leave it here. itll get most looks here then in a niche forum section. i put in my vote for 2 copies as i LOVED the first one.[/QUOTE]
Yup and it seems like the 2nd game has been greatly improved too! :)

[quote name='Squarehard']People should stop posting this in the deals section.[/QUOTE]
People should stop pretending to be mods.

[quote name='simmias']People should stop pretending to be mods.[/QUOTE]
33e.jpg

This technically isn't a deal since it's sign ups, but signing up allows the deal to happen in the first place. Once it does it's as much of a deal as console releases or LEs or any other pre-release item that this specific forum gets and the pre-order for this game definitely should be with its own thread. It's a bit odd but it's not like it doesn't flat out belong here.

Saw it in an earlier topic and plan to get 2.

[quote name='Hexor']Thanks. Signed up for 2.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I truly hope they get to 2500 mark, and I'm happy this thread has helped increase that possibility. If it happens, it will be a heck of deal.

[quote name='buffbov']and you know what else...a lot of people only look at the deals thread. [/QUOTE]

QFT for all the mods/users who complain/constantly move threads

[quote name='MulderYuffie']we're not even at 2,100 yet? :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm fairly surprised by that. :cry:

[quote name='joeyshadows']The combat looks like a bunch of turn based clicking. Is this the entirety of the game?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I watched the demo videos and it seems like a ton of non-interactive "story" told by non-animated characters, then some turn-based and somewhat tedious activity. I guess I just don't understand or get into these kinds of games; I prefer action-RPG games like Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. Just didn't seem like enough to do, but I guess that's just part of the JRPG genre.

[quote name='buffbov']Yeah, I'm fairly surprised by that. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Makes three of us. The only thing I can suggest is that everyone makes sure that they replied to the email they got.

This game also affects the future chances of getting a game like Demon Gaze or Labyrinth Cross. The developers WANT to release those games to the US, but if the market's not there or full of people who want the next FF or DQ it's not going to happen.

@chimpmeister - The oldest of the genre love Wizardry for various reasons. Let me take a small whack at it.

Class of Heroes 2 is a JRPG only if you tell yourself that it is. Wizardry is actually sets of puzzles more than anything else - it just has an RPG interface and lets you put as much story into it as you want (I never did actually LOL). I know the WRPGs have been influenced through time by games like Ultima Underworld. Might and Magic 6, Betrayal at Krondor, Morrowind...and JRPGs have their own influences.

I don't complain about others playing Picross or word searches or Tetris :).

I just want the type of puzzle I grew up with. If they throw a lot of fluff or suck the life out of it to sell more copies or change it around a lot, I may not buy it because it's all about trade-offs. Great puzzles don't age.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed. I watched the demo videos and it seems like a ton of non-interactive "story" told by non-animated characters, then some turn-based and somewhat tedious activity. I guess I just don't understand or get into these kinds of games; I prefer action-RPG games like Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. Just didn't seem like enough to do, but I guess that's just part of the JRPG genre.[/QUOTE]
Most early WRPGs were this way.

This game is basically Wizardry + Visual Novel elements.

Two niche things.

The easiest modern equivalent would be Etrian Odyssey

Which is a shame, because Dragon Quest battles were in first person for 20+ years. Just imagine it as playing Dragon Quest but entirely in first person and no overworld lol.

[quote name='rockykai']Makes three of us. The only thing I can suggest is that everyone makes sure that they replied to the email they got.

This game also affects the future chances of getting a game like Demon Gaze or Labyrinth Cross. The developers WANT to release those games to the US, but if the market's not there or full of people who want the next FF or DQ it's not going to happen.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I'm really going to like this game, but I definitely support releasing more games here that wouldn't otherwise be released, so I ordered a copy.

[quote name='bruceg']I'm not sure if I'm really going to like this game, but I definitely support releasing more games here that wouldn't otherwise be released, so I ordered a copy.[/QUOTE]

It'll be released here regardless. The drive is only for physical versions.

Isn't there still like 3-4 days left to hit 2,500?

Barring a complete standstill in these last few days or so of sign-ups available it should get there no problem, and if it's really, really close they may just do it anyways.

[quote name='outunderstars']This will end up be one hell of a valuable UMD. Come on people, sign up. :)[/QUOTE]

And because of this, I now condone flippers! eBay some of these suckers to help us meet our goal :)

400 x $34.99 = $13396

That's going to be quite the investment! When you think about it, you basically have like 800 copies to sell (400 physical and 400 download code)

[quote name='salty tbone']If you buy 400, you could almost corner the market. Someone should do it (as long as I get my copy).[/QUOTE]

Would be smart, but since Vic of Gaijinworks is constantly monitoring the sign-up drive, weeding out any excessive amount of copies a person is pledging to buy since chances are it could be a false pledge, I sincerely doubt anyone can purchase 400 copies of the game.

Hoping this will be successful by end of Wednesday/Thursday morning. I posted in a PSP thread over at /v/, hoping someone new finds out about this campaign.

[quote name='Frahps']And because of this, I now condone flippers! eBay some of these suckers to help us meet our goal :)[/QUOTE]
This is why I marked down for 2.

Well that, and my Friend in Australia probably won't get a physical copy of the game. So I told him i'd buy another for him if he was interested and charge him less for just the UMD since the download voucher is from the US PSN and not the AU PSN.

[quote name='sultangaming']Sorry for the silly question, but is it confirmed that the download codes won't be inside the actually UMD's box?[/QUOTE]

According to Vic, he doesn't know if the codes will be sent via e-mail or packaged inside the UMD box.

However, he has stated he wants to send the codes via e-mail for those that want to keep their physical copies in pristine condition. I'm pretty sure that may end up happening.

[quote name='worrybomb']According to Vic, he doesn't know if the codes will be sent via e-mail or packaged inside the UMD box.

However, he has stated he wants to send the codes via e-mail for those that want to keep their physical copies in pristine condition. I'm pretty sure that may end up happening.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure too I doubt there'll be anything to worry about as far as that goes. :)

thanks for this thread. i am among those who own and like Class of Heroes on psp, but had no idea about this.

that said, i wish this was for vita (trophies).

[quote name='affa']thanks for this thread. i am among those who own and like Class of Heroes on psp, but had no idea about this.

that said, i wish this was for vita (trophies).[/QUOTE]
I understand how you feel. I've heard Class of Heroes 2 is way better than the original actually. There is however a PS3 version that isn't planned for localization as far as I know that has trophies but this version will still be playable on your Vita via download code.

Has anyone seen comments from Vic on how to differentiate the Kickstarter UMC from the standard UMD without opening them? I'm ordering 3 of each and I'm assuming they'll all come in a single shipment.

bread's done
Back