• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Cause obviously this will be rare.

#242 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.

#243 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

I voted for B...which is the least popular :(
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#244 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I voted for B...which is the least popular :(

Ditto. Now, does anyone know if the physical package will have the digital code inside, or will I receive that separately?

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#245 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Ditto. Now, does anyone know if the physical package will have the digital code inside, or will I receive that separately?

Digital comes out first, so I'm sure we'll get that in email way before they ship physical out.

Though this on their page makes it sound like the game will be "out" digitally, and we the loyal customers will have to wait longer to play it. Hrm.

Class of Heroes 2 Physical Ordering update

Working through the logistics of launching a physical and a digital release of the game, it's become clear that we won't be able to launch both day and date together. The $24.99 digital version will be ready before the $34.99 physical+digital code version. We're working on the timeline and won't be opening the actual presale until we can give you a reasonable estimation of the physical ship date. We'll keep you posted as we work through this. In the meantime - cast your vote for the box art you prefer, and if you haven't checked out the sample game sequences below, click them, too!

#246 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Still nothing? Boo

#247 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I guess Vic was just blowing smoke/"trolling" all along. How the hell does this guy continue to have a job in anything video games related. Probably never planned to do a damn thing in the first place.

#248 buffbov

buffbov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I guess Vic was just blowing smoke/"trolling" all along. How the hell does this guy continue to have a job in anything video games related. Probably never planned to do a damn thing in the first place.

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait. Vic has put out amazing things in the past and nearly 100% of them were delayed. I have no doubt that the game is coming.

To help pass the time COH1 is currently on sale on the PSN store for $7.49.

#249 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wow....ye of limited patience.

Follow these for updates....

http://www.neogaf.co...=511571&page=18

vireland:
You and me both. But we're doing something new and that means working out issues, so it's taking longer than expected.

But just follow @gaijin4life and you'll know as soon as something changes without having to obsessively check the same page(s) for a change. I'll tweet it out.

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait. Vic has put out amazing things in the past and nearly 100% of them were delayed. I have no doubt that the game is coming.

To help pass the time COH1 is currently on sale on the PSN store for $7.49.

Ditto on the patience, and also I wouldn't recommend to him to play CoH 1, Vic mentioned it is a painful slog and not a good starting point unless you like inflicting pain upon yourself.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#250 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I check my email everyday hoping for news hah.

#251 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well if Vic didn't have a bad rep a really bad rep with this stuff I wouldn't mind the wait as much. But knowing his past with Working Designs, and him probably being a huge reason they went out of business, I don't trust him that much. I don't think that will ever change too. It's why he's not been doing anything big since.

Plus he hoarded a LOT of sealed WD games from what the sega cd/etc and sold them off of ebay too. Remember that?

#252 dallow

dallow

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well if Vic didn't have a bad rep a really bad rep with this stuff I wouldn't mind the wait as much. But knowing his past with Working Designs, and him probably being a huge reason they went out of business, I don't trust him that much. I don't think that will ever change too. It's why he's not been doing anything big since.

Plus he hoarded a LOT of sealed WD games from what the sega cd/etc and sold them off of ebay too. Remember that?

Oh jeeze. He hasn't even taken anyone's money yet.

He sold things from his personal collection.
On GAF I've seen him give away a lot of things too, including classic WD games.

#253 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

That he got from working for WD. And a link to the stuff he's given away?

#254 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Stuff takes time. And a lot of times you run into unforseen complications.

I really really do not give a Fuck about delays. As long as we get it.

I'd rather have it done right than rushed.

At least you don't have Sony or Sega cockblocking them like they did in the 90's.

#255 dallow

dallow

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

That he got from working for WD. And a link to the stuff he's given away?

Well obviously his collection will come from running WD for nearly two decades.

As for giving away things, I found this example.
http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=256
There's plenty similar random posts where he does something nice like that but digging through years of posts is a bit much.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#256 buffbov

buffbov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Big news yesterday... COH2 has passed Sony Q/A and will be Vita compatible. Digital release is either 3/19 or 3/26. Physical release is still not known, but the final two box arts have been selected.

https://twitter.com/gaijin4life

#257 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Big news yesterday... COH2 has passed Sony Q/A and will be Vita compatible. Digital release is either 3/19 or 3/26. Physical release is still not known, but the final two box arts have been selected.

https://twitter.com/gaijin4life

There's no poll, but I'd vote for the first one. Just hoping I can actually get an order in when they go live.

EDIT: link to site since I always have to scroll: http://www.gaijinworks.com/

#258 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Well obviously his collection will come from running WD for nearly two decades.

As for giving away things, I found this example.
http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=256
There's plenty similar random posts where he does something nice like that but digging through years of posts is a bit much.

I agree, I don't think he's a jerk, (I do have issues with his tinkering with Silhouette Mirage, which is what ruined their relationship with Treasure after that point) but he does alright with fans (he did get the Blaster Master remake out on WiiWare...what was Sunsoft thinking not putting it on PSN/XBLA...:roll: but I digress)

I still have most of my WD games, (sold Lunar 1 & 2, two years ago, not overly bugged, as they are good, they weren't great by any stretch and Lunar 2 is so cliche...) So I have faith he'll pull this off, and I'd like to see other series other than CoH be localized by Gaijinworks, not gonna lie, no other reason for me to support it other than that.

I'll be patiently waiting for my email, hopefully in the next week or two...I hope. ;)

There's no poll, but I'd vote for the first one. Just hoping I can actually get an order in when they go live.

Why wouldn't you be able to as long as you signed up for the pre-order campaign. They are being made to order, so it's not like they are going to sell out. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#259 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Why wouldn't you be able to as long as you signed up for the pre-order campaign. They are being made to order, so it's not like they are going to sell out. ;)

That's assuming there is a quantity limit. I fully expect resellers to be all over this. :-|

#260 dallow

dallow

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

No worries. There won't be a limit. I want resellers to be all over this to increase sales.

#261 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

That's assuming there is a quantity limit. I fully expect resellers to be all over this. :-|

Again, I'm not understanding this logic. Vic isn't going to care if people buy 500 copies, or 2 copies. I'm sure there will be people that'll buy some to resell. But I don't see anything pointing to limiting how much you can buy, it'd probably make him extremely happy, though.

#262 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Again, I'm not understanding this logic. Vic isn't going to care if people buy 500 copies, or 2 copies. I'm sure there will be people that'll buy some to resell. But I don't see anything pointing to limiting how much you can buy, it'd probably make him extremely happy, though.

I was under the impression that Vic and the gang were going to have a LIMITED production run for the physical edition, right? So let's just say that 2,700 people signed up with the intentions of buying a copy. Even if they print 2,700 copies, resellers can completely screw others over. Heck, they could print 3,000 copies and resellers could still possibly take a copy away from someone who wants one.

That's all I'm pointing out/asking.

#263 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

I was under the impression that Vic and the gang were going to have a LIMITED production run for the physical edition, right? So let's just say that 2,700 people signed up with the intentions of buying a copy. Even if they print 2,700 copies, resellers can completely screw others over. Heck, they could print 3,000 copies and resellers could still possibly take a copy away from someone who wants one.

That's all I'm pointing out/asking.

....and that's where you are lost.

Vic is going to take orders before even printing it out, so he's not going to request it till he has the cash ON HAND to ORDER production....

so even if 1000 bought it, that's all he's going to get made.

#264 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

....and that's where you are lost.

Vic is going to take orders before even printing it out, so he's not going to request it till he has the cash ON HAND to ORDER production....

so even if 1000 bought it, that's all he's going to get made.

OK, that makes more sense now. I thought the subscription idea was to see how many he should put an order in for.

#265 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

OK, that makes more sense now. I thought the subscription idea was to see how many he should put an order in for.

I think that was just to feel for demand... if we were to get up to 2500, it would be then worth it.

#266 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Vic Ireland of Gaijinworks has a projected date for CoH 2 on the Playstation Network. It'll be released on 3/26 since approvals weren't done in time for a 3/19 release date.

He also states the preorders for the physical+digital bundle for CoH2 will start either late this week or next week. There will be no limit for the regular CoH2 bundles but he isn't sure if the same will apply towards the special bundles for the Kickstarter supporters.

However for the time being, there's no limit for either bundle.

#267 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

I super super love the second boxart they selected, the one on the left just is a bit too busy for me. I bet the one I like will be the KS-exclusive one though :(

#268 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

We are still on hold for both the physical and digital release of the game. Don't worry, there is nothing technically wrong, the game is still cleared through Sony Q/A and verified to be Vita compatible using its PSP emulation, but an unexpected rights issue needs to be cleared on the opening song before we can proceed with release. Our only alternative to clearing this issue would be to take the opening song and animation out of the game completely. We didn't want that, and we know most if not all fans wouldn't be happy with that, either.

The small bit of good in this delay is that the physical release will now be much closer to the digital release. The physical+digital presale links are also on hold. The manufacturing details are worked out, but we've decided not to open the presales while we're uncertain about when this rights issue will be resolved. We're working hard to get it in the rearview mirror, but it hasn't happened yet.

Also, some fans have asked about the UMD labels for the two different physical versions. Each art type will have a special UMD label with distinct art, but we're keeping the UMD labels a secret until you have the game in your hands.

We'll post another video or two this week. If there's some specific activity or area of the game you'd like to see in motion, tweet @gaijin4life with the request and we'll do the one(s) that get the most requests.

Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?

#269 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?

I've been wary since the first time they delayed the voting.. but it seems as if delays have always been with this publisher.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#270 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's Victor Ireland. It'll happen, but it'll probably take like 2 extra years because the packaging wasn't up to his standards.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.