Digimon Tamers (Digimon S3) Preorder @ Amazon - $55.97

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

The page for the complete series set of Digimon Tamers snuck onto Amazon. Retail is $79.95 (ouch), but Amazon has a $55.97 preorder price in place.

Linky.

The price is a bit high, but this was my second-favorite season of Digimon (my favorite being Frontier), so I might just preorder it anyway.

Oh, and while it isn't yet confirmed, this will likely be dub-only, like the first season's set.

Edited by Vigilante, 10 February 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Damn this is still really expensive. I would maybe get it if it was cheaper or in blu ray.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Season 1 went down to $25 around early fall and is currently around $35-$40, so I would expect the prices to drop relatively soon after release.

A little surprised they are actually calling it "Digimon Tamers" and using a translated Japanese logo instead of the modified US logo used when the show was on Fox.

#4 milleniumbugx

milleniumbugx

Hustle 'n Flow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Dub only is kind of a deal breaker for me. I watched this show when it aired and loved the music in the Japanese version. Not that the dub was bad, it's just that the music felt kind of bland.

#5 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Dub only means edited. lolnothx

#6 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

The only way you're getting the subbed version is if Bandai/New Video either make a separate release for sub-only or makes all the discs flippers like Ronin Warriors. Considering that Bandai would likely have to repurchase the rights to the Japanese language track, the score, and the vocal songs, they likely see it as not worth the money. The only way to get hybrid discs would be to redub the series, and THAT is not happening.

As for Blu-ray, you might see the four Disney-dubbed movies on Blu-ray like the Miramax Echo Bridge Pokemon releases, but more than likely the first Digimon Blu will be Xros Wars. And even that is a long shot because childrens' TV series don't have a huge Blu-ray market yet. Hell, most stores don't even carry the few kids shows on Blu-ray (Power Rangers Super Samurai, Transformers Prime) on their shelves.

#7 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Bandai isn't going to do shit, they already gave up on the states to buy anything.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Whoops, I mis-typed. For some reason, I got Bandai and Saban (who is the reason these sets are being released to begin with) mixed up.

#9 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hi five to the OP for mentioning Digimon Frontier. Also my favorite season.

Will wait to see if these prices go down a little. Don't want to order now, forget I ordered it, and be charge the $50+.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#10 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I just noticed this, but for some reason they have Renamon with Henry and Terriermon with Rika. Weird use of stock art.