Digimon Tamers (Digimon S3) Preorder @ Amazon - $55.97

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The page for the complete series set of Digimon Tamers snuck onto Amazon. Retail is $79.95 (ouch), but Amazon has a $55.97 preorder price in place.

Linky.

The price is a bit high, but this was my second-favorite season of Digimon (my favorite being Frontier), so I might just preorder it anyway.

Oh, and while it isn't yet confirmed, this will likely be dub-only, like the first season's set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Season 1 went down to $25 around early fall and is currently around $35-$40, so I would expect the prices to drop relatively soon after release.

A little surprised they are actually calling it "Digimon Tamers" and using a translated Japanese logo instead of the modified US logo used when the show was on Fox.

Dub only is kind of a deal breaker for me. I watched this show when it aired and loved the music in the Japanese version. Not that the dub was bad, it's just that the music felt kind of bland.

The only way you're getting the subbed version is if Bandai/New Video either make a separate release for sub-only or makes all the discs flippers like Ronin Warriors. Considering that Bandai would likely have to repurchase the rights to the Japanese language track, the score, and the vocal songs, they likely see it as not worth the money. The only way to get hybrid discs would be to redub the series, and THAT is not happening.

As for Blu-ray, you might see the four Disney-dubbed movies on Blu-ray like the Miramax Echo Bridge Pokemon releases, but more than likely the first Digimon Blu will be Xros Wars. And even that is a long shot because childrens' TV series don't have a huge Blu-ray market yet. Hell, most stores don't even carry the few kids shows on Blu-ray (Power Rangers Super Samurai, Transformers Prime) on their shelves.

Whoops, I mis-typed. For some reason, I got Bandai and Saban (who is the reason these sets are being released to begin with) mixed up.

Hi five to the OP for mentioning Digimon Frontier. Also my favorite season.

Will wait to see if these prices go down a little. Don't want to order now, forget I ordered it, and be charge the $50+.

I just noticed this, but for some reason they have Renamon with Henry and Terriermon with Rika. Weird use of stock art.

bread's done
Back