Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 6 (X360/PS3) $19.99 Best Buy sale is now live (Amazon too)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#31 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I got it from GS a while ago, and brought it back within 7 days. It wasn't bad, I enjoyed it for the most part, but the overly machismo dialogue took it's course after a while, and I hated that characters would know information about something without being involved with it at all. It made for some confusing things when characters would run into each other.

#32 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

good luck on not getting a chipped disc

What are these chipped discs you speak of? Nobody has ever fucking mentioned this before. Please explain about the chipped discs!
Posted Image

#33 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I have heard SO many different opinions on RE6. "Leon's campaign is the only good one." "Chris's campaign is the only fun one." "Jake's campaign is the only fun one." "Ada's campaign is the only fun one."

My opinion is that it stinks.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#34 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Man does this game invite some hyperbole. I wish people with more moderate opinions would jump in, because non-poetic hyperbole is not very interesting to read.

I really didn't enjoy it at all, I didn't even make it through the whole game. The pacing is really bad, the levels really drag on and on. Leon's campaign was OK, but the others I played weren't. Chris' campaign just felt like a mediocre 3rd person shooter with wonky cover controls. It didn't feel like Resident Evil in any way.

And I don't think that guy's comment was all that hyperbolic. I borrowed the game from my cousin, but I actually valued my time more than this game, as I did actually stop playing it around half way through. It wasn't worth my 25-30 hours to beat the game. I wasn't having any fun.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#35 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Have this rented from Gamefly right now. I'm a few hours into Leon and I'm liking it more and more. Might pick it up at $20.

#36 mbergh22

mbergh22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

People are just mad its different then the rest. Its still a great game and well worth $20. It is not a waste of time like on ignorant idiot claims.

#37 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Amazon has matched both ps3 & Xbox prices.

#38 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

There will probably not be a Gold edition like 5. The DLC coming out is not really story worthy and with capcom having come out and saying that they need to go to their roots with the next entry, I think they are writing this one off now.

(Full disclosure I have only played leon's campaign.) I have to say its not as bad as I thought it would be, there are parts that irk me, and annoy me, especially as someone said with the QTE. It is also definitely more action focused and while I am not a big fan of that approach it is not the end of the world. The only times it really got to me so far are in chapter 3 of Leon's campaign, and the end of chapter 5. Both parts just seemed to go on and on, with chapter 3 just constantly having enemy spawning as you are working through a very dull area, and the end of chapter 5 just took forever, with very predictable things repeating and really just kinda grew tiring. All in all though it is enough to make me wanna play through the other campaigns, and possibly replay through with co-op on (I am doing my first play solo for the story).

It feels like one of those games that you either have to be a die hard fan of the series that really wants to know what is going on more than enjoying it, or not that big a fan so you don't mind the total departure from everything that is RE. My want to know the story is keeping me going, even if the story has gotten so convoluted since the start of the series. I think it was code: Veronica that just made things weird.

#39 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Amazon has matched both ps3 & Xbox prices.

Thanks. :) Here's a direct link.

#40 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Man does this game invite some hyperbole. I wish people with more moderate opinions would jump in, because non-poetic hyperbole is not very interesting to read.

It's a game with solid fundamentals. The dodge is fantastic. The enemy variety should be good. But nothing comes together and works. It is a game that is a giant chore to play and a waste of everyone's time, but it is hard to say why simply because the components are so polished, and yet so ineffectual.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#41 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Glad to see bby drop the price on the used version also. I hope they do that more often in the future with other sales.

#42 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have heard SO many different opinions on RE6. "Leon's campaign is the only good one." "Chris's campaign is the only fun one." "Jake's campaign is the only fun one." "Ada's campaign is the only fun one."

My opinion is that it stinks.

I like all of the campaigns and I really like how they all intersect. They all have a lot of variety to them too so you're not stuck doing the same thing for a long time.

The gameplay is great, the monsters are cool and it's a long game with a lot of content.

The majority of people that seem to hate it have their nostalgia glasses on and act like the originals have aged a lot better than they really have.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#43 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

The game feels like its creators were playing a bit too much Saints Row the Third while making it... For a survival horror, its atrocious. No atmosphere at all and the story is a joke. They even trashed the ability to actually customize/upgrade weapons and instead went for a skill point / "perk" system. Its definitely a step down from its predecessors. For an action game its okay. I'd rent it or wait for the re-release edition (which has been confirmed) instead.

Edited by AZR43L, 10 February 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#44 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

It's Resident Evil by Michael Bay ... go ahead if you like ridiculous explosions and bare bones plot development,

#45 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Just used my $20 Amazon promo credit towards and got it for free!!!!

#46 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

To those who are going to tell me I'm wrong, I don't care ... You have poor taste and this game is crap. Thanks and have a nice day.

In my opinion, the only game ANYONE should be playing is Rocksmith, since it teaches an actual skill. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time playing games. Go get a fucking job. Thanks and have a nice day.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#47 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Treat this game like the movies it has the RE name but it is obviously not RE play it as a zombie action game with recognizable characters. I played through Jake's campaign and had fun.

#48 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

The game feels like its creators were playing a bit too much Saints Row the Third while making it... For a survival horror, its atrocious. No atmosphere at all and the story is a joke. They even trashed the ability to actually customize/upgrade weapons and instead went for a skill point / "perk" system. Its definitely a step down from its predecessors. For an action game its okay. I'd rent it or wait for the re-release edition (which has been confirmed) instead.

link pls?

#49 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

link pls?

RE6: Final Hope

#50 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

That article is old and wrong. No gold edition has been announced. I don't know what the other guy is talking about.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#51 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

That article is old and wrong. No gold edition has been announced. I don't know what the other guy is talking about.

Well that's probably the article I read. I didn't know it was just a rumor. Anyway, its Capcom so I expect a rerelease regardless. Confirmed or not, its still not worth the $20 imo.

#52 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Went ahead and got it through Amazon. I can only judge it based on the 3 hours of Leon's campaign, but my initial dislike of the game gave way to an appreciation and enjoyment of it the more I played, enough to buy it, especially since it offers a fair amount of content.

And contrary to one of the previous posters, I think I have good taste. And I'm old enough to have played the first RE when it was brand new and shiny. (And I curse myself for selling the long box version I had). I like that Capcom is changing it up. They did a good job with the 3DS RE game, too.

and RE Michael Bay, so far that critique doesn't quite apply to RE6 -- it's big, but not that big. And although I think nowadays his movies are childish (obviously, kids 6-17 seem to be the demographic), let's not forget he made The Rock and, to a lesser extent, Armageddon. When those movies came out, there was a new and exciting aesthetic to them.

#53 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

In my opinion, the only game ANYONE should be playing is Rocksmith, since it teaches an actual skill. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time playing games. Go get a fucking job. Thanks and have a nice day.

Agreed.

512847.png

#54 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

good luck on not getting a chipped disc

I'll be fine, I've bought over 100 games from Gamefly over the years, only 2 did not work.

#55 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Lol hillarious that the name was supposedly Final Hope. As if its their only hope to save the franchise lol

#56 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

waiting for under $10 price point doesn't matter even if i have to wait 6 months since 2013 is filled with games

#57 Tendoboy

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

A better deal here is to buy this pre-owned at best buy with the buy 2 get 1 free...if you can find a couple of other games for the same price ....not sure if anyone else mentioned this?

http://www.bestbuy.c...evil&lp=19&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.c...evil&lp=20&cp=1

#58 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Both your argument and the one you replied to is ignorant. If you are telling us to get a job is the only way to prove adulthood because games are for kids, why play Rocksmith? So it teaches a skill, ever heard of Kinect or Leapfrog for kids? You people try too hard to down people for hobbies they love.

And for RE6, no its not the same thing. Take Resident Evil from the title and you would have a solid game with flaws. I enjoyed the story, thought it was pretty sad at points with the things that happened, but overall I had fun beating the campaigns.

What I don't enjoy is assholes bashing the game for the title and the company. That's just stupid

#59 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Game is awful ... not worth $20, probably not worth $10. The story is awful, even RE 5 had a better story. You can tell the creator of RE wasn't involved with this game at all. The only good thing about RE6 is that it's going to force Capcom to reboot the series because it sold so poorly and was panned by 90% of the critics who played it. The game is garbage ... and it's an affront to true RE fans. If you want a good RE game, play Revelations on the DS or save the money you would spend on this for the console version coming out later this year.

To those who are going to tell me I'm wrong, I don't care ... You have poor taste and this game is crap. Thanks and have a nice day.

Nice elitist snob attitude there, that immediately makes your opinion mean nothing to me, even if I agreed with it. When someone is so quick to treat the opinions and feelings of others like dirt, that just shows they have nothing to teach me.

#60 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Lol hillarious that the name was supposedly Final Hope. As if its their only hope to save the franchise lol

Hey, that approach seemed to work for Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive. ;)