Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 6 (X360/PS3) $19.99 Best Buy sale is now live (Amazon too)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#91 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

No side quests. You have 4 campaigns with 5 missions each and they'll take more than an hour per for your first playthrough. 30-35 hours is a good estimate, that's why even at $40, this game was a pretty decent deal and at $20, it's a steal.

Oh wow that is a good deal. My co-op partner and i have yet to open up our BB copy. Thanks!

Edited by Donut2922, 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#92 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

It shows availble for shipping (Ps3 and 360) and in stock at almost every BB I have checked at their site.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Probably wouldn't have bothered to check again.

I've only got two stores within 30 miles of me, the closest of which is about 15 miles away, and neither of them had it in stock. Besides, when you figure in the cost of gas, it rarely makes sense to ship to store, when you're driving out of the way to get there.

#93 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Probably wouldn't have bothered to check again.

I've only got two stores within 30 miles of me, the closest of which is about 15 miles away, and neither of them had it in stock. Besides, when you figure in the cost of gas, it rarely makes sense to ship to store, when you're driving out of the way to get there.

Then ship it to your place, it's still available and free.
Posted Image

#94 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Then ship it to your place, it's still available and free.

Yeah, that's what i did. Last night when i checked, it was only available for pickup.

#95 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh wow that is a good deal. My co-op partner and i have yet to open up our BB copy. Thanks!

I *loved* the game in local co-op, hope you will too.

Do I miss the old Resident Evil? Yes I do.
Did RE6 fail to achieve a good mix between horror and action? Yes it did.

But I do feel Capcom did not deserve the overwhelming hatred, because it considered the action perspective because it did not have a choice, seeing how action games such as COD rake in the majority of the U.S. market. The modern youth's video game taste has accelerated the demise of the old RE, very much like the direction of today's pop music. If Japan was a comparable market to the U.S., we would perhaps see a different evolution of RE.

Everything above is only personal opinion.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#96 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I agree as well and there were a bunch of recycled missions, but it makes sense considering the way the story is told...not saying it isn't kinda lazy though. Then again, you wouldn't see the same kind of value for play time if it was a linear story told form one perspective. 30+ hours on the first playthrough is still very rare in gaming, especially in this genre, unless we're talking rpg's.

#97 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I agree as well and there were a bunch of recycled missions, but it makes sense considering the way the story is told...not saying it isn't kinda lazy though. Then again, you wouldn't see the same kind of value for play time if it was a linear story told form one perspective. 30+ hours on the first playthrough is still very rare in gaming, especially in this genre, unless we're talking rpg's.

They weren't whole missions IIRC. The only parts you repeat are a couple points where you meet up with other characters and can play online with other people.

You may be in the same areas as some of the other characters in the story were/are at during certain points, but you aren't doing the same thing at all.

I agree about the playtime though. I loved that the game offered so much. Something that I would hate to see go in future games.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#98 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

They weren't whole missions IIRC. The only parts you repeat are a couple points where you meet up with other characters and can play online with other people.

You may be in the same areas as some of the other characters in the story were/are at during certain points, but you aren't doing the same thing at all.

I agree about the playtime though. I loved that the game offered so much. Something that I would hate to see go in future games.

Yeah, some locations collide, but only for a small portion of each campaign.

For those who have not yet played the game, one way to play it is to play each campaign, finishing with Ada's (which is essential that you finish Ada's last and do indeed play through Ada's campaign).

There is another "chronological" way of playing it too, mixing the chapters.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#99 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

PS: We hated the snow level in the Jake campaign I believe its 2-1.

I would rather eat broken glass while sitting on a teeter totter that was going up and down in to a vat of acid and scorpions than play that ass of a chapter again.

MildObstruction.png

#100 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I would rather eat broken glass while sitting on a teeter totter that was going up and down in to a vat of acid and scorpions than play that ass of a chapter again.

The snow mobile one?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#101 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'd love to see someone tie you down and give you those two options.

#102 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Ok so if i play Ada last, who should be first then?

#103 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Whatever you want. People start with Leon, but I don't think it really matters.

Also if anyone gets it on PS3 and wants to play feel free to add me.

#104 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, some locations collide, but only for a small portion of each campaign.

For those who have not yet played the game, one way to play it is to play each campaign, finishing with Ada's (which is essential that you finish Ada's last and do indeed play through Ada's campaign).

There is another "chronological" way of playing it too, mixing the chapters.

Oh for sure. "Chapters" would be a better term with the latest patch and I didn't mean to make it sound like entire missions were mirrored.

I agree that Ada should be played last though because her campaign pretty much gives everything away.

Ok so if i play Ada last, who should be first then?

Yeah, doesn't matter who you start with.

#105 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

For those who missed it, Ps3 version is again at $19.99 at Amazon.
Posted Image

#106 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

For those who missed it, Ps3 version is again at $19.99 at Amazon.

Looks like it's also back at Best Buy for shipping.

Man, I don't know... I mean it's RE so I'm going to play it regardless, but the terrible reviews from sites/reviewers I really respect has me wary of paying a nickel more than I have to. I think I can get this for $10 very soon.

#107 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

For anyone new jumping into the game my recommendations

1.Play the game doing each character's chapter rather than 1 characters all at once. So for example Leon 1 then Chris 1 then Jake 1 (Only Ada's should be saved until the other 3 are beat).
2.Make sure you go in knowing the actual controls, the "tutorial" in the game is next to useless.

This will set you straight for the best expierence
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=494812

#108 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

no jill sandwich on the game, no purchase for me. i can wait til it's dirt cheap.

#109 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Best RE game since Revelations. bele dat

#110 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Grabbed one from Amazon for the PS3 this morning.

sixteenvolt420.png

#111 g13

g13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

1.Play the game doing each character's chapter rather than 1 characters all at once. So for example Leon 1 then Chris 1 then Jake 1 (Only Ada's should be saved until the other 3 are beat).
2.Make sure you go in knowing the actual controls, the "tutorial" in the game is next to useless.

Thanks! I think the .pdf tip guide in the link above will help me enjoy the game! Appreciate the link.
I got nothing...

#112 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

A solid game; picked this up over the holidays along with DOA5, Halo 4, and Hitman. The hate is so misguided. Those who bicker about RE losing its way must not have played the series games since 3. RE6 is the inevitable culmination of efforts laid out by RE4. I see it more like how Capcom treated Dino Crisis 2 after DC1. DC2 was entirely an action shooter, and a very good game (on that note, DC3 wasn't bad but clearly rushed out -- I blame the whole Xbox exclusivity at the time; Microsoft was just doling out cash for third parties with no quality controls in place).

Anyways, RE6 is a very good game; at least an 8. Anything lower than that is nonsense.

For the people complaining that RE is not survival horror, seriously, RE hasn't been THAT for a long time. IMHO, Visceral's Dead Space is the lone game in that genre this generation, and really owns the category. Capcom is smart to not try to compete against that series.

Admit it, Dead Space owns survival horror now. I haven't picked up DS3 yet, but plan to as soon as I have some free time to play.

#113 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Been on the fence with this. After reading the CAG feedback, I decided to go ahead and pick it up. Which version is better to grab, Xbox or ps3?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#114 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Bookmarked that page. Thanks.

#115 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Must be Capcom employee registration day on CAG ...

#116 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Must be Capcom employee registration day on CAG ...

Ah yes, I read your posts also. We all get the point, you don't like re6. Guess I should just stay away from it then right?

#117 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Admit it, Dead Space owns survival horror now. I haven't picked up DS3 yet, but plan to as soon as I have some free time to play.

If you think DS3 keeps the franchise's survival horror roots, you will sorely be disappointed bud...

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#118 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

The modern youth's video game taste has accelerated the demise of the old RE, very much like the direction of today's pop music. If Japan was a comparable market to the U.S., we would perhaps see a different evolution of RE.

Yeah, it would have evolved into a dating sim where you lurk the subways of Raccoon City* as Wesker trying to take upskirt photos of school girls.8-)

Spoiler

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#119 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ah yes, I read your posts also. We all get the point, you don't like re6. Guess I should just stay away from it then right?

Your $20 can go further on better games ... but if you want to experience the poor pacing, overbearing quicktime events, bizarre design choices (zombies with guns and another hulking thing that chases you that looks like a poor man's nemesis) and odd zoomed in aspect ratio for yourself, then by all means, don't stay away. It makes me sad to read that some fans of the old resident evils love this game, if that's the case then the series is lost because this game falls into the trap of trying to please everyone and, in the process, losing its spirit as a solid, well made resident evil game.

#120 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Your $20 can go further on better games ... but if you want to experience the poor pacing, overbearing quicktime events, bizarre design choices (zombies with guns and another hulking thing that chases you that looks like a poor man's nemesis) and odd zoomed in aspect ratio for yourself, then by all means, don't stay away. It makes me sad to read that some fans of the old resident evils love this game, if that's the case then the series is lost because this game falls into the trap of trying to please everyone and, in the process, losing its spirit as a solid, well made resident evil game.

Well, it makes me sad that the fact I along with others enjoyed the game has made you sad.

You can enjoy a game and simultaneously provide feedback to the developers. If for some miracle that everybody boycotted RE6 like you wished them to, it is not guaranteed that RE will return to its formal glory, it might just die off. We should continue to support it while it struggles to stay relevant in the COD action dominated western market, not bash or hate.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png