Resident Evil 6 (X360/PS3) $19.99 Best Buy sale is now live (Amazon too)

I want carne asada tacos now ):

Does this game contain one of those online codes that can be used only once? If it does then I could buy it now and tacos could wait.

I've been wanting to play this as a co-op game, so I'm glad it's finally dropped to a price suitable for picking up two copies.

[quote name='Earthbound_X']Gonna wait a bit longer, Gamefly may have it cheaper then that soon.[/QUOTE]

good luck on not getting a chipped disc

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'd rather buy $20 in BK tacos.

Maybe.

Good deal though. ^__^[/QUOTE]

I'd rather bite, chew, swallow, and digest the plastic RE6 game disc and case. My b-hole would end up bleeding just the same as BK tacos.

Just a friendly piece of advice:

Even if this game is given to you for free, it is not worth the time you spend playing it.

[quote name='BNoyes']Just a friendly piece of advice:

Even if this game is given to you for free, it is not worth the time you spend playing it.[/QUOTE]

Man does this game invite some hyperbole. I wish people with more moderate opinions would jump in, because non-poetic hyperbole is not very interesting to read.

[quote name='eastx']Man does this game invite some hyperbole. I wish people with more moderate opinions would jump in, because non-poetic hyperbole is not very interesting to read.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the game. Lots of variety, good set pieces, some replaybility and improved controls to accommodate the action (not so tankish). Not perfect for sure and certainly not survival horror, but a fun romp if you know what you're getting in to. My biggest annoyances revolved around the more video gamey aspects (collect these keycards, qte overload) but it's not nearly as distracting as folks would have you believe. Better than RE5 imo.

[quote name='handsomepete']I really enjoyed the game. Lots of variety, good set pieces, some replaybility and improved controls to accommodate the action (not so tankish). Not perfect for sure and certainly not survival horror, but a fun romp if you know what you're getting in to. My biggest annoyances revolved around the more video gamey aspects (collect these keycards, qte overload) but it's not nearly as distracting as folks would have you believe. Better than RE5 imo.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for making this thread complete.

I am pondering if I should wait for a better deal... backlog getting depleted.

[quote name='handsomepete']I really enjoyed the game. Lots of variety, good set pieces, some replaybility and improved controls to accommodate the action (not so tankish). Not perfect for sure and certainly not survival horror, but a fun romp if you know what you're getting in to. My biggest annoyances revolved around the more video gamey aspects (collect these keycards, qte overload) but it's not nearly as distracting as folks would have you believe. Better than RE5 imo.[/QUOTE]

And really it isn't a bad game by any means, there's just a few rather poor design choices that were made that hinder enjoyment some. For example, someone really just didn't understand how to use quicktime events at all- there are just so many, and many of those seem to be there to be there, without any sense as to why (which interrupts the flow of the game). They also reworked the health and item systems in such a way that feels less intuitive than what they had in 5, and it seems like there are too many cheap hits. Once hit and you're in a dying state, recovery is hindered due to how the gameplay system is in 6.

On the other hand, I do like the story and the controls work very well- in fact, I'm finally getting myself to finish Leon's campaign after 4 months and it doesn't seem so horrible to me outside the faults I mentioned before.

Incoming RE: Gold Edition w/Move Support!

Also I think there will be a Dragons Dogma bundle coming soon too. Saw a listing on Amazon.

Leon campaign is worth it for $20, the other 3 are ok though but some of these chapters drag on and on

It's not that bad but it is struggling

no ...

[quote name='CaoPi']good luck on not getting a chipped disc[/QUOTE]

I've been a subscriber to Gamefly for years and whenever I receive a chipped disc this what I do. Although, I can only think of about four or five times out of about 40 purchases this has happened.

Receive chipped disc.
Rent same game from Gamefly.
Put chipped disc in envelope.
Report rental as not working.

I see it as returning my screwed up copy for a working one since it's the same company.

RE 6 is by no means a bad game, it just not as great as the other RE games and focuses too much on action rather than horror. Leons campaign is right up there with the best of RE, but the other campaigns are kinda...meh. I could see a lot of peeps liking it though. $20 is a good price unless u can hold out for the enhanced edition that is inevitable.

Quick, everyone price match at Amazon, use "tell us about a lower price", it's located between the middle and bottom part of the product page), I already did it. Thanks!

[quote name='FerDK']Quick, everyone price match at Amazon, use "tell us about a lower price", it's located between the middle and bottom part of the product page), I already did it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's featured in Best Buy's ad. No need to contact them, they'll price match. And I don't really see the need for another thread. It was posted by litepink 5 days ago.

Unless ur going to play with a friend i cant recommend it. To be honest the game would have been a pretty awesome single player game if you werent stuck with a partner all the way thru with the exception of Ada's campaign which is actually pretty tense and old school RE from what i've played.

Your pretty much solo unless you choose to partner up either online or locally and it has some puzzles but the game is mostly a coop action game, with some crappy pacing and a small field of view

an RE6 gold edition is likely to be inevitable considering capcom has been busting out DLC for it and the pc version that has an "exclusive" new mode

I was really pumped for this game, bought the archives edition and all. Then when I played it, I liked Leon's campaign at first, but it just came to the point of recovery was a hassle rather than fun.

I have yet to try the other campaigns and it has been sitting on my backlog shelf since release. Some day I might go back to it.

I got it from GS a while ago, and brought it back within 7 days. It wasn't bad, I enjoyed it for the most part, but the overly machismo dialogue took it's course after a while, and I hated that characters would know information about something without being involved with it at all. It made for some confusing things when characters would run into each other.

[quote name='CaoPi']good luck on not getting a chipped disc[/QUOTE]

What are these chipped discs you speak of? Nobody has ever fucking mentioned this before. Please explain about the chipped discs!

I have heard SO many different opinions on RE6. "Leon's campaign is the only good one." "Chris's campaign is the only fun one." "Jake's campaign is the only fun one." "Ada's campaign is the only fun one."

My opinion is that it stinks.

[quote name='eastx']Man does this game invite some hyperbole. I wish people with more moderate opinions would jump in, because non-poetic hyperbole is not very interesting to read.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't enjoy it at all, I didn't even make it through the whole game. The pacing is really bad, the levels really drag on and on. Leon's campaign was OK, but the others I played weren't. Chris' campaign just felt like a mediocre 3rd person shooter with wonky cover controls. It didn't feel like Resident Evil in any way.

And I don't think that guy's comment was all that hyperbolic. I borrowed the game from my cousin, but I actually valued my time more than this game, as I did actually stop playing it around half way through. It wasn't worth my 25-30 hours to beat the game. I wasn't having any fun.

Have this rented from Gamefly right now. I'm a few hours into Leon and I'm liking it more and more. Might pick it up at $20.

People are just mad its different then the rest. Its still a great game and well worth $20. It is not a waste of time like on ignorant idiot claims.

There will probably not be a Gold edition like 5. The DLC coming out is not really story worthy and with capcom having come out and saying that they need to go to their roots with the next entry, I think they are writing this one off now.

(Full disclosure I have only played leon's campaign.) I have to say its not as bad as I thought it would be, there are parts that irk me, and annoy me, especially as someone said with the QTE. It is also definitely more action focused and while I am not a big fan of that approach it is not the end of the world. The only times it really got to me so far are in chapter 3 of Leon's campaign, and the end of chapter 5. Both parts just seemed to go on and on, with chapter 3 just constantly having enemy spawning as you are working through a very dull area, and the end of chapter 5 just took forever, with very predictable things repeating and really just kinda grew tiring. All in all though it is enough to make me wanna play through the other campaigns, and possibly replay through with co-op on (I am doing my first play solo for the story).

It feels like one of those games that you either have to be a die hard fan of the series that really wants to know what is going on more than enjoying it, or not that big a fan so you don't mind the total departure from everything that is RE. My want to know the story is keeping me going, even if the story has gotten so convoluted since the start of the series. I think it was code: Veronica that just made things weird.

It's a game with solid fundamentals. The dodge is fantastic. The enemy variety should be good. But nothing comes together and works. It is a game that is a giant chore to play and a waste of everyone's time, but it is hard to say why simply because the components are so polished, and yet so ineffectual.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I have heard SO many different opinions on RE6. "Leon's campaign is the only good one." "Chris's campaign is the only fun one." "Jake's campaign is the only fun one." "Ada's campaign is the only fun one."

My opinion is that it stinks.[/QUOTE]

I like all of the campaigns and I really like how they all intersect. They all have a lot of variety to them too so you're not stuck doing the same thing for a long time.

The gameplay is great, the monsters are cool and it's a long game with a lot of content.

The majority of people that seem to hate it have their nostalgia glasses on and act like the originals have aged a lot better than they really have.

The game feels like its creators were playing a bit too much Saints Row the Third while making it... For a survival horror, its atrocious. No atmosphere at all and the story is a joke. They even trashed the ability to actually customize/upgrade weapons and instead went for a skill point / "perk" system. Its definitely a step down from its predecessors. For an action game its okay. I'd rent it or wait for the re-release edition (which has been confirmed) instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']
To those who are going to tell me I'm wrong, I don't care ... You have poor taste and this game is crap. Thanks and have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the only game ANYONE should be playing is Rocksmith, since it teaches an actual skill. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time playing games. Go get a fucking job. Thanks and have a nice day.

Treat this game like the movies it has the RE name but it is obviously not RE play it as a zombie action game with recognizable characters. I played through Jake's campaign and had fun.

[quote name='AZR43L']The game feels like its creators were playing a bit too much Saints Row the Third while making it... For a survival horror, its atrocious. No atmosphere at all and the story is a joke. They even trashed the ability to actually customize/upgrade weapons and instead went for a skill point / "perk" system. Its definitely a step down from its predecessors. For an action game its okay. I'd rent it or wait for the re-release edition (which has been confirmed) instead.[/QUOTE]

link pls?

bread's done
Back