• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by nypickle Posted Image
can anyone give an opinion of how this game plays using the XBOX 360 controller? I know the D-pad is pretty terrible but I don't consider myself to be a tournament type of fighter gamer, so I'm not looking for a fighting pad for it. Would it just be frustrating playing this on a regular controller?

I am playing on a 360 controller. I use the D-pad. Honestly I am not a pro fighter so it works fine. I find it to be a little bit annoying to do some of the moves but it's not that bad. Definitely not ruining my experience with the game at all. I never feel like it's the controller just my lack of skill. So to answer your question, I don't think you need a stick. Cheers.

I had the X360 MK since the day it came out.
FULL DISCLOSURE: the reg. Xbox controller is "servicable" to do the special moves while fighting during the round since they're not that complex like Street Fighter, etc. BUT don't plan on doing the more complicated fatality inputs with the D-pad on the first ten tries or less...

Recommendation: and they're 50% off this week
http://www.amazon.co...words=fight pad

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#32 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Picked up the Komplete Kollection today at Best Buy for 19.99. Have been wanting to play this for a long time. The package comes with a booklet and two inserts. One being a code for the the games album, and the other being for the motion picture Mortal Kombat. Used the Movie code and it works perfect. There is a sticker on the one I bought that says all DLC is redeemable through DEC 2014. It was odd though they have the original version for 21.99, and a used copy was 19.99. So make sure you pick up the Komplete Kollection. Those others should be around 10 bucks.

Pro-tip: You could have price matched the Amazon price at BBY today. :-$

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#33 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I got my PS3 MKKE at Best Buy some time in Decemeber because I was afraid of the DLC expiring for the movie and soundtrack. The back of the box says the dlc expires 12/31/12...however, that only applied to the soundtrack.

IIRC, the soundtrack was the only voucher in the box that said it expired by 12/31/12. The movie, I can't remember, if it neglected to say when it expired or if it was a much later date. So if you only want the movie, don't worry...it should still be valid.

Also, as others have said, the extra characters / costumes are on disc. They are still glitched, regardless, online though. Some matches you'll be able to select any of them and other matches you'll only have Kratos and Freddy. It's a longtime known issue.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#34 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I just got my Xbox 360 version from UPS and it says the movie and soundtrack expires 12/31/2014. So it looks like they are making new versions (maybe extended the promotion with the old copies?).
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#35 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just got my Amazon order for the PS3 version, but it didn't come with any voucher codes. Can I call up Amazon and complain, or is this something likely to happen?

#36 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I just got my Amazon order for the PS3 version, but it didn't come with any voucher codes. Can I call up Amazon and complain, or is this something likely to happen?

I give you permission to call Amazon

#37 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I bought mine locally at Best Buy last month, and just got around to opening this week.

The movie download code is indeed expired, as I tried and was rejected.

#38 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

I bought this last year at GameStop and it was the Komplete Kollection that WASN'T a Platinum Hits (grey box) version. My code inserts expired 12/31/12.

The PLATINUM HITS edition probably gives you til 2014 now.