GameStop Ad for 2/13 - 2/19

[quote name='gogeta85']Dude that Ad is the same one they have there now....your not showing us anything new at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i fixed the link.

Is it safe to assume that since Black Ops 2 will be $45 new, that it'll also receive a price drop next week used? Do they usually do that, or will it stay at $55 used?

Yes, nothing special. Maybe next week will be better
smile.gif

[quote name='Twitter']Is it safe to assume that since Black Ops 2 will be $45 new, that it'll also receive a price drop next week used? Do they usually do that, or will it stay at $55 used?[/QUOTE]

That is a VERY intelligent question and one that should be answered, I would like to know too!

NHL 13 is $39.99 which despite having been at that level off and on is still not a perma drop and a noteworthy sale for anyone wanting to pick it up while the season is still active.

[quote name='Twitter']That is a VERY intelligent question and one that should be answered, I would like to know too![/QUOTE]

You would think, but I have seen it both ways. :roll:

[quote name='Twitter']Is it safe to assume that since Black Ops 2 will be $45 new, that it'll also receive a price drop next week used? Do they usually do that, or will it stay at $55 used?[/QUOTE]

9 times out of 10 on the Activision sales of their recent games, the used price DOES NOT drop along with the new price.

[quote name='MSUHitman']9 times out of 10 on the Activision sales of their recent games, the used price DOES NOT drop along with the new price.[/QUOTE]

Aw damn it..

the ass creed 3 deal can be solid if the used price drops. a few weeks ago gamestop had it on sale for 39.99 and the used price didnt drop so we shall see. that being said every cag should know that ass creed games drop really fast so i would wait. i brought it on black friday at bestbuy 35$ cause i was able to make that money back after beating it around that time, otherwise i would have waited

[quote name='limelight022']Just play Black Ops or MW3 same thing.[/QUOTE]

Not really, especially untrue once one gets in to the campaign.

[quote name='Vader582']If that's truly the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack and not the wrong picture, $40 ain't a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

Just saw that. If original price is $60, then its the wrong picture. The "Portal Owner Packs" are being discontinued and have already been clearanced at Target for $30. I may jump in to GS on Wednesday and make them honor it though, or grab a circ and get it matched somewhere. Been waiting for that price for that specific 3DS pack. Woooooo Red Hulk Pop Fizz! :3

I wonder if Target would honor the match and also stack the "free $10 GC with a pre-order" deal. I'm prolly hoping for too much there.

[quote name='strait edge follower']the ass creed 3 deal can be solid if the used price drops. a few weeks ago gamestop had it on sale for 39.99 and the used price didnt drop so we shall see. that being said every cag should know that ass creed games drop really fast so i would wait. i brought it on black friday at bestbuy 35$ cause i was able to make that money back after beating it around that time, otherwise i would have waited[/QUOTE]

Seems like the AC3 price has held up pretty well for this go around.

[quote name='Donut2922']Seems like the AC3 price has held up pretty well for this go around.[/QUOTE]

With it selling 12 M copies already worldwide, already 4x what Revelations did, it's going to be a long time until you see a $10 copy.

[quote name='strait edge follower']the ass creed 3 deal can be solid if the used price drops. a few weeks ago gamestop had it on sale for 39.99 and the used price didnt drop so we shall see. that being said every cag should know that ass creed games drop really fast so i would wait. i brought it on black friday at bestbuy 35$ cause i was able to make that money back after beating it around that time, otherwise i would have waited[/QUOTE]

It hasn't on any of the previous times since the AC 3 release, so I wouldn't bet on it this time.

[quote name='Donut2922']Seems like the AC3 price has held up pretty well for this go around.[/QUOTE]

agreed, this and liberation arent following the usual ass creed price drop trend. around the spring time is when this should really start to drop. my theory is that since its an anual release time table for this series is why they drop it fast to keep sales flowing. if there isnt going to be a new game this year im thinking it might hold more cause of it. next ass creed on ps4, next box and wii-u ? we shall see :D

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the BLOPS2 price a permanent drop or a sale price?[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell, but definitely in the "price drop" section, as opposed to the weekly deal section.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the BLOPS2 price a permanent drop or a sale price?[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if this was the case. As mentioned in this thread, sales has a lot to do with pricing. Love it or hate it, COD is the best selling franchise in gaming.

[quote name='strait edge follower']agreed, this and liberation arent following the usual ass creed price drop trend. around the spring time is when this should really start to drop. my theory is that since its an anual release time table for this series is why they drop it fast to keep sales flowing. if there isnt going to be a new game this year im thinking it might hold more cause of it. next ass creed on ps4, next box and wii-u ? we shall see :D[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft has already said a new AC game will come out before March 31, 2014.

Damn look at all those GS Gears exclusives.... Gonna have to pre-order and hopefully BLOps2 is 39.99 used -> 28 after 30% off. I'll pick it up to play with ps3 loser co-workers. Damn DLC will suck though... They forced it directly into all playlists from opening weekend on 360 where I already got a season pass.

$20 BF3 vanilla is a good deal as well if you haven't got it yet.

it cant be a msrp drop. 44.99 is a weird msrp, not to mention that cod games take forever to drop in msrp anyway

[quote name='IamPro']Try at all :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why should they? They can be like Walmart and have everything MSRP which they do except for Black Friday. Where's the bitching for Walmart?

If you bought Black Ops 2 at release at BB should have gotten it for 39.99 even without a pre-order to get the 20 cert on top of it.

Man, these retail stores need to keep up. I bought AC3 for Xbox for $33 last November off of Amazon. Gold Box Deal of The Day. :)

Also bought Black Ops II brand new for $39.99 right after Christmas. Also off of Amazon. ;)

You say these retail stores need to keep up then list getting games off Amazon when all Amazon did was price match retail stores on those prices, lol.

[quote name='Deader2818']You say these retail stores need to keep up then list getting games off Amazon when all Amazon did was price match retail stores on those prices, lol.[/QUOTE]

And what some people don't realize is that amazon doesn't incur costs as retail stores so they can afford lower prices. They don't pay rental costs, or electricity and they have way less employees as a whole as compared to best buy or GameStop.

[quote name='$hady']Damn look at all those GS Gears exclusives.... Gonna have to pre-order and hopefully BLOps2 is 39.99 used -> 28 after 30% off. I'll pick it up to play with ps3 loser co-workers. Damn DLC will suck though... They forced it directly into all playlists from opening weekend on 360 where I already got a season pass.

$20 BF3 vanilla is a good deal as well if you haven't got it yet.[/QUOTE]

Same story bro. Well atleast the co-worker part. I bought the game day 1 and have the season pass for the 360, but the co-workers only have ps3. I don't really play it since Im losing intrest in COD fast, but if it is indeed $39.99 used, with the 30% off, I buy it.

So there is currently a promo running through 2/17 where you get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system. This current ad that runs through 2/19 shows a 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system...

Do these offers stack? If so, that's $140 for a 4GB Xbox 360 and I'll definitely do that.

[quote name='Dund3r']So there is currently a promo running through 2/17 where you get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system. This current ad that runs through 2/19 shows a 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system...

Do these offers stack? If so, that's $140 for a 4GB Xbox 360 and I'll definitely do that.[/QUOTE]

The only time an offer stacks is SOMETIMES with a PUR coupon. There was a bonus trade in PUR coupon that stacked with the trade credit bonus they were doing last March and people were getting $140-$150 for old style 360's for about a 2-3 week period in March 2012. Only reason I have a Slim now as I got it w/320 GB HDD for $135 plus tax.

I was wondering about that...sometimes the used price will drop below the "sale" price for the new version of the item.

:booty:[quote name='burritoman']I'm gonna be so mad if they run a B2G1.

I would much rather see $4 off MSRP on a new game that sucks.[/QUOTE]

A B2G1 Free for new games would be awesome. But knowing Gamestop it's not likely to happen. They are basically a used game store with generic cases now, with the occasional hot new tittle.

bread's done
Back