Photo
- - - - -

Wii U Basic $275, Wii U Pro Controller 3rd Party $34.99 @ Target & Sonic Gen. 3DS $16

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, it's better to get the CC pro and combine it with the Wiimote you already have. Reviews are saying the third party one, despite looking like an SNES controller, is crap, especially when one needs to constantly reconnect.

Batsugunner.png

#32 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I hate that these deals are only ever in store.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#33 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Wish you could use the WiiU Pro controller for Wii games. Playing through The Last Story and I would like to have a Pro controller, and not have to pick up the Wii one and WiiU one later on.

#34 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Wish you could use the WiiU Pro controller for Wii games. Playing through The Last Story and I would like to have a Pro controller, and not have to pick up the Wii one and WiiU one later on.

The Classic Controller Pro is only $20 and it works with most of the Wii U software that also supports the Pro controller, in my experience. (Call of Duty/Sonic Racing being those experiences.)

oIi9lub.png

#35 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I had to go to Target anyway this morning, so I checked it out. It's definitely the third party controller. DPCI is 207-00-0378.

Thank you. You saved me a trip. I was skeptical mainly because the Wii U Pro controller is normally $49.99, not $39.99 like the OP says. The lowest I have seen the Wii U pro at is $43.99, and that price is still live right now.

#36 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is tempting. I'm in the market for a Wii U, but I'd prefer the Deluxe, so I think I'll wait for the Zombi U bundle.

#37 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm a bit confused... the pro controller is 'weird' because the buttons are under the stick, so you went back to the gamepad which is set up exactly the same way?

Regardless, the pro controller is a great investment, but that totally depends on the games you're interested in. I use mine quite a bit for CoD, Tekken, and Ninja Gaiden. I've honestly used the hell out of it. It's also helpful for local CoD multiplayer, since people are generally more comfortable with a controller than the remote/nunchuk combo. I wouldn't recommend it as a total blind-buy when purchasing the console, but it's great to have for specific games. I felt I got my $50 of use with NG3 alone.

#38 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

There's no price cut coming this year and OoT was planned before 3DS launched. Retailers are cutting Basic prices because many people chose the deluxe version.

Yes, those games are coming, but they were always coming. This is not a last minute scrabble to seem relevant, it's the result of poor planning and an early launch.

The Classic Controller Pro is only $20 and it works with most of the Wii U software that also supports the Pro controller, in my experience. (Call of Duty/Sonic Racing being those experiences.)

Yeah but the CCP still has to have a Wii remote hanging off it

#39 Remoe

Remoe

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I saw the Wii U basic for $275 last night in Sacramento, CA
Their display Wii U had no demos too

#40 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Saw the Wii U basic in the Atlanta area for the 275 price (town center mall target).
Posted Image

#41 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

man if only this worked for Wii games I just cracked open last story and Xenoblade.

well if that post about it being a different controller than the nintendo brand.. the "controller pro u" then really you could use the controller for the last story and for xenoblade. and the controller would work for wii and sum wii u games.. but not as a wii u pro controller. it will be recognized as wii classic controller pro if the wii u game supports that controller.

#42 io

io

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

The Classic Controller Pro worked great with Xenoblade - no reason for anything else.

Too bad this Target deal seems to be for the 3rd party Wii U controller though. I was all set to drive up to Target to get it for $35 if it was the Nintendo one. I'd want one if I ended up getting Monster Hunter. Actually, if I could have gotten the controller that cheap that probably would have cemented my purchase of MH (which I am still on the fence about).

This is what Nintendo/Capcom needs to do: A Monster Hunter Wii U/3DS/Pro Controller bundle for $100. Make it happen guys!

#43 MemoriesAbyss

MemoriesAbyss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I know everyone here is discussing the WiiU and controller, but anyone able to confirm the Sonic Generations 3DS price? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now.
Posted Image

#44 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I know everyone here is discussing the WiiU and controller, but anyone able to confirm the Sonic Generations 3DS price? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now.

I can confirm it. Just picked it up myself.

#45 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I just bought one and it scanned $49.99. I believe they put the sale tag on the wrong controller. If any of you are interested, you should hurry before the targets realize their mistake. The associate honor the price after he double check the tag. That is probably why it says save $5 when the regular tag says $49.99.
Good luck on this amazing deal!

#46 MemoriesAbyss

MemoriesAbyss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I can confirm it. Just picked it up myself.

Alright, thanks a bunch! Guess I'll be stopping by my target tonight.
Posted Image

#47 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

The had the tags out on the official controller at my store, but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be for the third party controller. I didn't bother though since I already have 3.

#48 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

The had the tags out on the official controller at my store, but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be for the third party controller. I didn't bother though since I already have 3.

Same here: it was on the 1st party peg but the DCPI was for the 3rd party one.

#49 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Sorry for the confusion. At the store I went to, they had the tags on the 1st party controllers. I didn't even know they made a 3rd party version. However, that would explain the MSRP discrepancy. They should honor the price is marked improperly.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (17) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#50 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

I saw this today too. Not sure if this has been said but the pro controller is actually the knockoff Controller Pro U that makes the controller that look like they have a SNES controller in the middle. No discount for the Nintendo brand Wii U P Controller.

#51 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Went to my local Target and saw they had Sonic Generations (3DS) on sale but there were no more. ;_; Gonna try another one tomorrow, since this seems to be a universal sale.

Question though, can I get a rain check on the price? Do you imagine they would restock? Any suggestions where I could price match?

Also, I saw they had a copy of Halo 4's LE. I bought it from BB about 2 weeks ago for $70, but I have Target credit to burn and I pretty much paid for the BB one in cash. Does anyone know how to price match that? Do I just bring the receipt?

Thanks, I tried asking the employees but they were absolutely useless.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#52 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

For more clarity, this is what is on sale at Target:

**Sorry, I'm a new user so I can't post links**

Just search this: Pro Controller U for Wii and Wii U - Black - $26.99

After the tax you would pay at Target, Amazon still has the better price. If you're into that 3rd party sorta stuff :P

#53 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Went to my local Target and saw they had Sonic Generations (3DS) on sale but there were no more. ;_; Gonna try another one tomorrow, since this seems to be a universal sale.

Question though, can I get a rain check on the price? Do you imagine they would restock? Any suggestions where I could price match?

Also, I saw they had a copy of Halo 4's LE. I bought it from BB about 2 weeks ago for $70, but I have Target credit to burn and I pretty much paid for the BB one in cash. Does anyone know how to price match that? Do I just bring the receipt?

Thanks, I tried asking the employees but they were absolutely useless.

Nope, I worked at Target and we weren't allowed to Rain Check TPC items because they weren't in the weekly ad. Although a lot of times they vary from store to store, there are some, like these Wii U items, that seem to be going on throughout all stores.

When trying to price cut, I think its YMMV. Take a picture of the tag from your local store, take it to the other stores and see what they give you. Totally up to the managers of that store though I would say.

#54 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

When I worked at Target they would never price match TPC items because it was different from store to store.

#55 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Nope, I worked at Target and we weren't allowed to Rain Check TPC items because they weren't in the weekly ad. Although a lot of times they vary from store to store, there are some, like these Wii U items, that seem to be going on throughout all stores.

When trying to price cut, I think its YMMV. Take a picture of the tag from your local store, take it to the other stores and see what they give you. Totally up to the managers of that store though I would say.

Thank you, gonna try that other Target and take a picture on my phone to bring to Walmart if it's not in stock (my local walmart doesn't seem to give a shit about these things).

Still curious about the Halo 4 LE (it's full-price @ Target), was just curious how to price-match something that isn't in a competitor's weekly ad or on their website. I figured a receipt would be good enough, but it was purchased 2 weeks ago.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#56 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

The Classic Controller Pro worked great with Xenoblade - no reason for anything else.

yeah but if you are like me, you might hate having the classic controller pro tethered to a wii remote. but yeah its 3rd party so probably not as great build quality as ninty but hasnt failed me yet!

#57 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

You should really edit the topic title, the WiiU Pro Controller thing is misleading

IT IS NOT A WII U PRO CONTROLLER

It is an original Wii controller

You can't use it to play Ninja Gaiden 3 RE, ZombiU, 007 Legends, etc.

#58 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

For more clarity, this is what is on sale at Target:

**Sorry, I'm a new user so I can't post links**

Just search this: Pro Controller U for Wii and Wii U - Black - $26.99

After the tax you would pay at Target, Amazon still has the better price. If you're into that 3rd party sorta stuff :P

herego http://www.amazon.co...JW3U/ref=sr_1_1

Welcome to CAG :)

#59 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Saw the Wii u basic for 275 at my local target in chino California. Anyone know how long these markdowns last?