Hard drive for PS3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scott2hotcott

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I have one of the original 60 gb PS3s. A couple of days ago, I was about to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but I couldn't...my hard drive was full. I only have 1 downloaded game on it. Everything else is game saves and PS1/PS2 memory cards.

What type of hard drive should I be looking for? Also, what should I expect to pay for something in the 500 gb range?

#2 Mrkjulio

Mrkjulio

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

You'll need a 2.5 SATA 500gb HDD.

The cost for a 500gb would be $60ish.
Addanother $20-$40 and you can possibly purchase a 1tb.

Though on a sale you could probably find them cheaper.
Newegg.com has some good deals.

#3 scott2hotcott

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

You'll need a 2.5 SATA 500gb HDD.

The cost for a 500gb would be $60ish.
Addanother $20-$40 and you can possibly purchase a 1tb.

Though on a sale you could probably find them cheaper.
Newegg.com has some good deals.

OK, thanks. I don't know very much about hard drives, but I figured there was a certain type that I needed. I figured Newegg and Amazon would be the first places I would look.

#4 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Don't forget TigerDirect either - prices right in line with Newegg or slightly better. The only boon for Amazon is if you're a Prime member. Installation is a breeze, but remember to back up your game saves and other data.

#5 scott2hotcott

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Don't forget TigerDirect either - prices right in line with Newegg or slightly better. The only boon for Amazon is if you're a Prime member. Installation is a breeze, but remember to back up your game saves and other data.

I ended up ordering one from Amazon for $57.09. I do have Prime and an Amazon Rewards Visa. I read a bunch of reviews, and lots of people mentioned backing up saves and everything. The hard drive should be here on Saturday. Thanks for the help!

#6 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

I ended up ordering one from Amazon for $57.09. I do have Prime and an Amazon Rewards Visa. I read a bunch of reviews, and lots of people mentioned backing up saves and everything. The hard drive should be here on Saturday. Thanks for the help!

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes. Pretty straight foward. Backup system, swap harddrive then restore.