Club Nintendo Wii & 3DS - Paper Mario, Kirby Super Star, Bird & Beans + Metal Torrent

Bird & Beans - two levels, the only difference is alternate backgrounds. About what you'd expect from a flash game, but not good enough to be on Kongregate.

Metal Torrent - top-down shmup with two difficulty levels (Easy and Insane). Easy is very easy, and Insane is hard not because of more powerful enemies, but because they take away a lot of weapons and abilities. Takes about 15 minutes to beat.

Do not bother with those two, they're bad. Paper Mario is easily the best title. Sucks there's nothing for DS this time.

[quote name='sicsonic']I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.[/QUOTE]
That's the one I just picked up and downloaded. The wife and I love Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door so this one was a no-brainer. :)

[quote name='Blade']Bird & Beans - two levels, the only difference is alternate backgrounds. About what you'd expect from a flash game, but not good enough to be on Kongregate.

Metal Torrent - top-down shmup with two difficulty levels (Easy and Insane). Easy is very easy, and Insane is hard not because of more powerful enemies, but because they take away a lot of weapons and abilities. Takes about 15 minutes to beat.

Do not bother with those two, they're bad. Paper Mario is easily the best title. Sucks there's nothing for DS this time.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info on the DS titles, missed out on Punch Out and was thinking about picking one of them. Now I guess I'll wait.

saw wii and 3ds and thought they would be download games.

then I saw Bird & Beans and Metal Torrent and thought those sounded like cool items. Then I thought oh maybe there's a paper Mario and a Kirby "Super Star" plush or something!

read the OP and was disappointed lol

[quote name='JCrichton']https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

• Bird & Beans - 100 points (3DS)
  • Metal Torrent - 150 points (3DS)
  • Paper Mario - 200 points (Wii)
  • Kirby Super Star - 150 points (Wii)
Available until March 10, 2013.

:cool:[/QUOTE]
I already owned Paper Mario and Kirby Super Star :(
Good month for Club Nintendo

[quote name='sicsonic']I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes you should :bouncy:

[quote name='Blade']Bird & Beans - two levels, the only difference is alternate backgrounds. About what you'd expect from a flash game, but not good enough to be on Kongregate.

Do not bother with those two, they're bad. Paper Mario is easily the best title. Sucks there's nothing for DS this time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I was interested in metal torrent, but I''ll wait to use my points instead.

Got Metal Torrent since I'm into shmups & for 150 coins, it's okay. Not much variation but still fun if you need a quick shmup fix while waiting for something.

Completely recommend Paper Mario & Kirby Super Star. I don't know how many times I've replayed those games, especially Paper Mario, growing up. Heck, that'd be a game I wouldn't mind having a digital copy of.

Birds & Beans is just Pyoro from the original WarioWare. I think Blade summed it up best: Feels like an okay flash game, but nothing special.

They offered Kirby Super Star once before and I got it then. Might be in for two Paper Marios. Wouldn't mind one for myself on my Will and one for the kids' system.

Paper Mario is awesome. Get it! One of my favorite games.

Wish I could play it on my Wii tablet. 200 pts now + $1.50 later = tablet-able game? Can't wait for the Wii U VC to catch up...

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've wanted a chance to play the original Paper Mario for a while!

This may sound like a dumb question but those of you with a Wii U, are you able to redeem your codes? Or will you be able to redeem these codes when the VC finally is updated this spring?

EDIT: Always wondered this because I have plenty of unused Club Nintendo game codes and I plan on getting rid of my Wii for a Wii U (and no I don't want to do the transfer option, I know that exists)

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']This may sound like a dumb question but those of you with a Wii U, are you able to redeem your codes? Or will you be able to redeem these codes when the VC finally is updated this spring?

EDIT: Always wondered this because I have plenty of unused Club Nintendo game codes and I plan on getting rid of my Wii for a Wii U (and no I don't want to do the transfer option, I know that exists)[/QUOTE]

You can go to the Wii menu on the Wii U. I believe once that launches, you can redeem the codes emailed to you there. There's a "Learn more" link on both of the games' pages.

Man another good month and I don't have any more points. Missed out on Mario Kart last month and now I'll miss Kirby Super Star and Paper Mario. I might be able to scrape enough points for Kirby though. Have to check and see how close I am later.

Thank you for posting this. I have been waiting for something to purchase with my coins. Picked up Paper Mario now I have to decide if I should get Kirby too.

Does someone have a list of what is coming up next month? I'm trying to decide if I should buy Kirby or save my coins.

Paper Mario really is a no-brainer this month, assuming you have the coins, and is probably the best CN game for Wii they have ever offered. Kirby Super Star is good too, but that is of course on the Dream Collection anyways (which is still on sale for $20 @ Best Buy until this Friday for RZ members, just another reminder in case people forget the other thread).

[quote name='Indiana']Does someone have a list of what is coming up next month? I'm trying to decide if I should buy Kirby or save my coins.[/QUOTE]
There is no indication on what CN will offer each month. The only stipulation is that it will be a first party VC reward, or any WiiWare / DSiware game that is published by Nintendo.

I checked club nintendo for the first time in weeks last night and saw these, just assumed theyd been posted for weeks already.

Damn, Id of really wanted to get paper mario.. but I already bought it off Amazon!
Ive never been too interested in kirby, bores me.

[quote name='Yamato']Why don't they offer GOOD games on the 3DS? I know it could run Paper Mario easily.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im loving my 3ds. I think its my favorite console.
Im hoping they add donkey kong country to the virtual console Ill gladly buy the trilogy.

Would let me sell me snes copies.

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']You can go to the Wii menu on the Wii U. I believe once that launches, you can redeem the codes emailed to you there. There's a "Learn more" link on both of the games' pages.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks! That's good to know my download tickets for previous games I've gathered would work. I'd imagine they would but I just wanted to clarify.

[quote name='Yamato']Why don't they offer GOOD games on the 3DS? I know it could run Paper Mario easily.[/QUOTE]

It's hit or miss. Last month was Punch Out NES and Tetris for Game Boy. So far I've gotten Metroid II, Mario Minis March, and Pictobits, all of which were pretty good.

No idea why they don't think N64, SNES and GBA games are worth selling yet.

[quote name='apterous']Wish I could play it on my Wii tablet. 200 pts now + $1.50 later = tablet-able game? Can't wait for the Wii U VC to catch up...[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Same. Here.

[quote name='Indiana']Thank you for posting this. I have been waiting for something to purchase with my coins. Picked up Paper Mario now I have to decide if I should get Kirby too.[/QUOTE]
Saw it on twitter and came straight here to make sure people knew about it. I was actually a tad surprised there wasn't already a post. I've never had to start a thread at CAG before.

I'm glad they're offering some more valuable games on Club Nintendo. I'd probably get both if I had the coins.

N64 emulation would be tough if not impossible on a 3DS.

Nintendo would probably have to remake Paper Mario like the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time.

Paper Mario is a fucking amazing game. I liked it a hell of a lot better than the Gamcube one (though that one wasn't bad.)

Bah, 30 coins short for Paper Mario! Now I'm actually thinking about what Nintendo games I can buy in order to get enough coins... lol I guess that's the kind of reaction Nintendo always hopes for :p

Alright, you all have convinced me to get Paper Mario. I just hope it's better than Super Paper Mario, there's something off about that game, I never want to play it, but I loved Thousand Year Door.

If I didn't already own both Super Star and Paper Mario (in cart form!), I'd be all over this. Paper Mario is the real no-brainer here. It's still a great game to this day. Not that Kirby isn't, but there are multiple ways to pick that one up, including the Dream Collection and Super Star Ultra on DS.

And yes, Paper Mario is better than Super Paper Mario, although I enjoyed that game, too.

[quote name='rjejr']Alright, you all have convinced me to get Paper Mario. I just hope it's better than Super Paper Mario, there's something off about that game, I never want to play it, but I loved Thousand Year Door.[/QUOTE]
Paper Mario is *much* more like TYD than Super Paper Mario from all accounts.

Totally snagging Paper Mario. I had bought it on my old Wii, but sold the system, so now is a perfect time to replace it! Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Paper Mario really is a no-brainer this month, assuming you have the coins, and is probably the best CN game for Wii they have ever offered. Kirby Super Star is good too, but that is of course on the Dream Collection anyways (which is still on sale for $20 @ Best Buy until this Friday for RZ members, just another reminder in case people forget the other thread).
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, I had not seen the Best Buy thread and didn't know Dream Collection was on sale. I've been waiting for a sale on that for quite a while, just picked it up for $5.24 after using a $15 RZ certificate.

I'm on the fence about Paper Mario, I haven't played any games in the series, though I did buy the Wii version when it was on sale at K-Mart a couple months back. Maybe I should open that up and see how I like it before deciding on the N64 version.

Got Paper Mario. I've never played the game though I may still never play it since I have a backlog. Maybe the kids will play it some day. I didn't get Kirby because I had that from a previous time you could spend coins on it. I'm up to 8 games downloaded for free through Club Nintendo. :)

[quote name='rjejr']Alright, you all have convinced me to get Paper Mario. I just hope it's better than Super Paper Mario, there's something off about that game, I never want to play it, but I loved Thousand Year Door.[/QUOTE]It's FAAAAAAAAR better than SPM, especially since that game was a huge departure from the past games. If you liked TYD, you'll like the original.

Once you spend the coins do the codes ever expire?

I just wonder after the Spring/Summer eShop updates if you can claim the code on your WiiU (so hopefully if/when that add offscreen play for N64 titles I don't have to "repurchase" the game with the fee)

I don't know if they expire, but I sat on a code for a game code from Club Nintendo for at least six months and was still able to redeem it when I finally booted up my Wii again.

bread's done
Back