Photo
- - - - -

Club Nintendo Wii & 3DS - Paper Mario, Kirby Super Star, Bird & Beans + Metal Torrent

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Why don't they offer GOOD games on the 3DS? I know it could run Paper Mario easily.

Yeah, Im loving my 3ds. I think its my favorite console.
Im hoping they add donkey kong country to the virtual console Ill gladly buy the trilogy.

Would let me sell me snes copies.

#32 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

You can go to the Wii menu on the Wii U. I believe once that launches, you can redeem the codes emailed to you there. There's a "Learn more" link on both of the games' pages.

Awesome thanks! That's good to know my download tickets for previous games I've gathered would work. I'd imagine they would but I just wanted to clarify.

#33 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Why don't they offer GOOD games on the 3DS? I know it could run Paper Mario easily.

It's hit or miss. Last month was Punch Out NES and Tetris for Game Boy. So far I've gotten Metroid II, Mario Minis March, and Pictobits, all of which were pretty good.

No idea why they don't think N64, SNES and GBA games are worth selling yet.

#34 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Wish I could play it on my Wii tablet. 200 pts now + $1.50 later = tablet-able game? Can't wait for the Wii U VC to catch up...

Same here.

Same. Here.

#35 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thank you for posting this. I have been waiting for something to purchase with my coins. Picked up Paper Mario now I have to decide if I should get Kirby too.

Saw it on twitter and came straight here to make sure people knew about it. I was actually a tad surprised there wasn't already a post. I've never had to start a thread at CAG before.

#36 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm glad they're offering some more valuable games on Club Nintendo. I'd probably get both if I had the coins.

N64 emulation would be tough if not impossible on a 3DS.

Nintendo would probably have to remake Paper Mario like the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time.

#37 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

I've still never played Paper Mario... :shock: maybe I should get it? Thinkin' about it.

Paper Mario is a fucking amazing game. I liked it a hell of a lot better than the Gamcube one (though that one wasn't bad.)

#38 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Bah, 30 coins short for Paper Mario! Now I'm actually thinking about what Nintendo games I can buy in order to get enough coins... lol I guess that's the kind of reaction Nintendo always hopes for :P

#39 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Alright, you all have convinced me to get Paper Mario. I just hope it's better than Super Paper Mario, there's something off about that game, I never want to play it, but I loved Thousand Year Door.

#40 SargeSmash

SargeSmash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

If I didn't already own both Super Star and Paper Mario (in cart form!), I'd be all over this. Paper Mario is the real no-brainer here. It's still a great game to this day. Not that Kirby isn't, but there are multiple ways to pick that one up, including the Dream Collection and Super Star Ultra on DS.

And yes, Paper Mario is better than Super Paper Mario, although I enjoyed that game, too.

#41 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Alright, you all have convinced me to get Paper Mario. I just hope it's better than Super Paper Mario, there's something off about that game, I never want to play it, but I loved Thousand Year Door.

Paper Mario is *much* more like TYD than Super Paper Mario from all accounts.

#42 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Totally snagging Paper Mario. I had bought it on my old Wii, but sold the system, so now is a perfect time to replace it! Thanks, OP!

#43 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Grabbed KSS. Fun stuff!

#44 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Paper Mario really is a no-brainer this month, assuming you have the coins, and is probably the best CN game for Wii they have ever offered. Kirby Super Star is good too, but that is of course on the Dream Collection anyways (which is still on sale for $20 @ Best Buy until this Friday for RZ members, just another reminder in case people forget the other thread).

Thanks for posting this, I had not seen the Best Buy thread and didn't know Dream Collection was on sale. I've been waiting for a sale on that for quite a while, just picked it up for $5.24 after using a $15 RZ certificate.

I'm on the fence about Paper Mario, I haven't played any games in the series, though I did buy the Wii version when it was on sale at K-Mart a couple months back. Maybe I should open that up and see how I like it before deciding on the N64 version.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Pikmin 3, Super Mario World, F-Zero

#45 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Got Paper Mario. I've never played the game though I may still never play it since I have a backlog. Maybe the kids will play it some day. I didn't get Kirby because I had that from a previous time you could spend coins on it. I'm up to 8 games downloaded for free through Club Nintendo. :)

#46 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

It's FAAAAAAAAR better than SPM, especially since that game was a huge departure from the past games. If you liked TYD, you'll like the original.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Once you spend the coins do the codes ever expire?

I just wonder after the Spring/Summer eShop updates if you can claim the code on your WiiU (so hopefully if/when that add offscreen play for N64 titles I don't have to "repurchase" the game with the fee)

#48 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I don't know if they expire, but I sat on a code for a game code from Club Nintendo for at least six months and was still able to redeem it when I finally booted up my Wii again.

#49 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

The codes don't expire. They may drop in value if a game's price is cut by Nintendo.

The surveys do expire, though, if you take too much time between entering the code and filling out the survey.

#50 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

The codes don't expire. They may drop in value if a game's price is cut by Nintendo.

The surveys do expire, though, if you take too much time between entering the code and filling out the survey.

He's asking if the actual game download codes expire, not the coin/survey codes.

I'm not sure if they do, but I don't think they do.

#51 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Once you spend the coins do the codes ever expire?

I just wonder after the Spring/Summer eShop updates if you can claim the code on your WiiU (so hopefully if/when that add offscreen play for N64 titles I don't have to "repurchase" the game with the fee)

I'd be surprised if you could claim the code on the Wii U and get the Wii U version instead of the Wii version. Seems very unlikely to happen.
Posted Image

#52 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I doubt it would work. You'd be better off saving your coins until they started providing Wii U games on club nintendo, if ever they do.

The only evidence to support is that the wii shop codes are numeric, e.g.
1234 5678 1234 5678

and eShop codes, at least those for 3DS, are alphanumeric, e.g.
A123 BCD4 E56F G789H

And it would be kind of dumb for them to use the same code for the same game on the eShop. And there's no word of N64 support, so you might be waiting a while.

At the worst, if you buy now you're getting a $10 off coupon for the N64 game for WiiU. Damn this is confusing.

#53 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

I don't know about you guys but I definitely think Paper Mario is the star of this show.

kikyou1.png

#54 Killerlampshade

Killerlampshade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Nice, had a little over 200 points already sitting on my account and snagged Paper Mario. Good looking out.

#55 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

How do the downloads through club Nintendo work? Do I have to connect my club Nintendo account to my wii? I have 2 accounts am I able to buy games from both accounts and play them on 1 wii?

#56 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

So I have enough for paper mario and will redeem it when I transfer my wii content to my wii u. I know about the whole paying less when you have the game already on the eshop but don't you have to wait for the game to also come out for the wii u virtual console?
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#57 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Did they have games for january? Already had kirby, so just got paper mario. I have 1400 pts on the wii, and 2000 pts waiting to be put on the wii. Hard figure out what I should use the points for.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#58 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

How do the downloads through club Nintendo work? Do I have to connect my club Nintendo account to my wii? I have 2 accounts am I able to buy games from both accounts and play them on 1 wii?

They give you a code you can redeem on the wii shop. You can redeem it on any wii.
No, but you'll miss out on post-play survey coins if you don't.
Yes.

#59 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Did they have games for january? Already had kirby, so just got paper mario. I have 1400 pts on the wii, and 2000 pts waiting to be put on the wii. Hard figure out what I should use the points for.

They've had new games each month for about a year now.

#60 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I posted in the Nintendo forums but it might be relevant to post my question here.

Can the Wii U handle all Nintendo Club wii games? Basically can I buy Paper Mario and install it on my Wii U?

For some reason I thought the Wii U was lacking the virtual console and all the other stuff the wii had. Am I wrong about this?