CeX - Good?

Zolor23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
This place is basically dead - but nevertheless, I'm putting this here because most of these stores are in the Northeast - with the exception of CA and UK stores.

Anyone have any experience with CeX? More specifically, the one in Boston near Downtown Crossing? I'm looking to sell/buy some games, and their trade-in prices aren't too bad. I welcome any info on the condition of their games and how hard it is to sell games to them. They're giving $6 for Forza 3 and $8 for NFS Shift 2...which both trade for $1 or $2 elsewhere.

[quote name='Zolor23']This place is basically dead - but nevertheless, I'm putting this here because most of these stores are in the Northeast - with the exception of CA and UK stores.

Anyone have any experience with CeX? More specifically, the one in Boston near Downtown Crossing? I'm looking to sell/buy some games, and their trade-in prices aren't too bad. I welcome any info on the condition of their games and how hard it is to sell games to them. They're giving $6 for Forza 3 and $8 for NFS Shift 2...which both trade for $1 or $2 elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

From my personal experience they're pretty good. The trade in values are basically what you'll recieve in store. It's a painless proccess for trading in except for hardware. They won't take in games w/o original cover and Manuel.

Buying from CeX... They are pretty harse on the return policy. If you paid cash in store and decide that you no longer need it and/or it's unplayable they'll give you store credit. They have, at least in my experience neglected giving refunds for a game, or hardware that you don't want. Check the stores policies just to make sure! They don't give you cash even if you paid for the item in cash.

Trading in they might have a backlog of other hardware they're buying. They will give cash for trading in which is great though!

I've purchased probably about 30 games from the CeX in Downtown Crossing, they have all worked just fine.

A few of the times though, they haven't been able to locate the case of the game, and have asked me if I'll accept it in a generic plastic sleeve with the manual. They offer no discount but it is still covered on their return policy (which I've never had to use).

The store itself could be cleaner, and whoever they have working the cellphone counter is always really annoying about trying to get you to come over and look at their stupid shit.

CEX is a great place specifically speaking the one in Philly. I upgraded Sons of Anarchy from DVD to Blu the other day and it only cost me $2 lol. They're great for Blus, DVDs, and Games.

I also sell to them a lot because they give cash.

Does anyone know what they do for ID checks?  For example, I know when trading in hardware in certain cities/states (maybe nationwide? idk), Gamestop has you fill this form and requires a thumbprint.  What does CEX do for game trade-ins?  Hardware trade-ins?

(Asking cuz the place looks a bit shady and I don't trust them to keep my data secure.)

Does anyone know what they do for ID checks? For example, I know when trading in hardware in certain cities/states (maybe nationwide? idk), Gamestop has you fill this form and requires a thumbprint. What does CEX do for game trade-ins? Hardware trade-ins?

(Asking cuz the place looks a bit shady and I don't trust them to keep my data secure.)
I have no idea, but where does GS make you fill out a form and thumbprint? It might be a law of your state, and if so, the laws should apply to CeX as well.

I have no idea, but where does GS make you fill out a form and thumbprint? It might be a law of your state, and if so, the laws should apply to CeX as well.
In parts of California I've had to provide thumbprints for hardware. They said it's mandated by the city or county (I forget which one exactly) in case people are trading in stolen goods. IIRC, the form also asks for serial #s of the items traded in. Pretty thorough, almost NSA-like. Lol.

CEX started out great as a way to unload electronics on the cheap but if you like convenience, stay the fuck away. It's slow, they have no phone number, and aside from a few people, you're gonna deal with some shithead hipster.

bread's done
Back