Infinity Blade (iOS) free on App Store

It's games like IB that are why I like iOS better. Not to start a fan boy war, but for me it comes down to the apps and iOS wins that category hands down. Although I'm SUPER tempted to sell my iPhone 5 to get an S4 when it releases. (I still want a Transformer Prime too, but I can't seem to buy another tablet when my iPad seems plenty sufficient.)

Also, we do have a thread for this.

Thanks OP I picked up the 2nd one when I first got my iPad 3 but never picked up the first one. Sad there's no iPhone 5 support but the game hasn't been updated since the 5 has been released so not a huge deal.

[quote name='Wario64']That's a mega thread, I wanted to alert others that it's free.[/QUOTE]

It sure is. Maybe link to it in the OP to let others know so these kinds of threads can become less and less necessary. If there was a game worth having its own dedicated freebie alert post IB would be it so I don't disagree, was merely pointing out that it had been mentioned in the "appropriate" place already and iOS users should be poking around in there from time to time to see things like this. Course if everyone used appshopper what a wonderful world this would be. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It sure is. Maybe link to it in the OP to let others know so these kinds of threads can become less and less necessary. If there was a game worth having its own dedicated freebie alert post IB would be it so I don't disagree, was merely pointing out that it had been mentioned in the "appropriate" place already and iOS users should be poking around in there from time to time to see things like this. Course if everyone used appshopper what a wonderful world this would be. :)[/QUOTE]

Nah, Appshopper is trash. It hasn't even listed the deal

I'm currently on my sixth bloodline. I finished the end boss once, and I'm still having a ton of fun with this game. I'll be playing this for a long time. I'm currently level 16 by the way. Thanks again OP!

IB is fun for a brief flash in a pan. Up until you beat the final boss it's a blast. Then the realization sets in: it's worse than Punchout which it apes. It's grindy more than challenging. And it's repetitive as hell.

Still, everyone should play it once. Just clutch your wallet and make sure you understand the game and know you want more before getting the sequel.

[quote name='Rsmobile']IB is fun for a brief flash in a pan. Up until you beat the final boss it's a blast. Then the realization sets in: it's worse than Punchout which it apes. It's grindy more than challenging. And it's repetitive as hell.

Still, everyone should play it once. Just clutch your wallet and make sure you understand the game and know you want more before getting the sequel.[/QUOTE]

It's quite repetitive, but it's so much! I love the strategy involved in the game. I could see myself maxing out my character and obtaining better weapons, armor, and accessories. I think there's a secret area in the game once you obtain the Infinity Blade, but I'll keep playing and find out eventually.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's quite repetitive, but it's so much! I love the strategy involved in the game. I could see myself maxing out my character and obtaining better weapons, armor, and accessories. I think there's a secret area in the game once you obtain the Infinity Blade, but I'll keep playing and find out eventually.[/QUOTE]

You'll need more than just the IB. Fill out your collection and level up a lot or you'll not clear anything beyond the IB door. Don't just save up for the IB.

That entire underground route and locked room was patched in as free DLC by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah, can't believe I paid the $6 for this when I first got my iphone. I never did get that far. Just kept getting up to the God King and dying every time. I think I'm on my 15th or 20th bloodline.

Thanks OP for the post, good judgment call on when to drag a good freebie out of the muck of a giant thread, considering IB is one of those "everyone should have this game if you have this platform" kinda games.

I've been stuck without my ps3 and pc since new years so this is something great to spend time, thank you again!

Can anyone post whether it works on the iPhone 3? It might help other people (like me) who are behind the times by about 4 years. :)

[quote name='Rsmobile']You'll need more than just the IB. Fill out your collection and level up a lot or you'll not clear anything beyond the IB door. Don't just save up for the IB.

That entire underground route and locked room was patched in as free DLC by the way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I'm definitely going to keep playing it though. It's a ton of fun. I defeated the God King, and I still want to continue playing. It was pure luck when I defeated the God King. I was able to save up enough energy, and I used my magic attack that allowed me to open a can of whoop ass on him. Then it was over! It was exhilarating though.

bread's done
Back