CAGcast #314: Eyes Up, Balls Down

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I understand it was a harrowing day for you Wombat, and I respect you taking revenge on Ted Price by saying nothing more than that Fuse was "fun" and refusing to say anything else about the game outside of reading the Wikipedia entry.

#32 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Just a clarification, by "the two Tales of releases," I was referring to the PS3 versions of Tales of Vesperia (Japan-only) and Tales of Graces.

Yeah, when Cheapy laughed at that I was like "oh no, Cheapy..." and shook my head sadly. (Not really, I'm joking. But I did know what you originally meant.)

This is me being nitpicky, but I'm a little surprised someone as well-versed in tech stuff as Cheapy called flat panel TVs flatscreens. That technically is not the correct term, since more recent CRTs have flat screens as well.

I'm sure there's a proper term for this, but does the whole "non-lag audio" thing seem even more pronounced this ep? What I mean is that usually Cheapy will respond to one of the other guys' question/comment/whatever about half a second before the audio of them talking actually stops. But in this ep, it sounded like Cheapy was just outright cutting them off (but he's not, it just sounds like it to the listener). So there was a lot of what sounds like them talking over each other, but they're in actuality not. I know I'm doing a terrible job of explaining this, but it was really drastic this time (at least in the beginning, not done with the ep yet).

#33 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I understand it was a harrowing day for you Wombat, and I respect you taking revenge on Ted Price by saying nothing more than that Fuse was "fun" and refusing to say anything else about the game outside of reading the Wikipedia entry.

I was vague because I knew the show would be out a few hours before the embargo was up, and didn't think it was worth ruffling feathers. I thought I said that during the show, I will give more details next week.

#34 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

There really is a Spider-Man dance. http://marvel.com/ne...erman_episode_7 It's at the 1:30ish mark.

Shaking his bum, climbing up walls
He jumps from building to building like Tarzan
He’s so cool that Spider-Man
I adore that Spider-Man
And so we’ve got to boogie
Shake our bums, boogie
Sing and dance, oh, boogie-woogie

Spider-Man Boogie
Spider-Man Boogie
Boogie, boogie, oh, boogie boogie

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#35 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I think Sessler did a great review of CM.

fs.png

#36 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

All these comments and no one mentions that this episode was PIE (3.14)!?

#37 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Is there any chance that some "De-essing" could be done on Shipwreck's audio? Every week I wince in pain as his S's pierce my ears. I can't be the only one who hears this??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-essing

(Note that I listen to ~25 podcasts every week and this problem is, for some reason, unique to Shipwreck)

Otherwise another great show.

His GT is Cobra Commander for a reason! ssssssss
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#38 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Great show guys!

#39 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

CheapyD mentioned the excited fan that he met at E3 a few years back at the Nintendo 3DS booth. That was me!

As soon as I heard that model say cheapassgamer and saw a redhead and bald tall guy standing next to me, I knew it was Cheapy and Shipwreck.

One of the best/awkward E3 moments ever. Got a cool picture with them, too.

It wasn't awkward at all, it was awesome. I doubt I'll forget it anytime soon.

#40 spid

spid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

The thing I do not understand about the Last of Us is why they did not hold the game back to release on the PS4 as well as the PS3. They lucked out when GTA V was pushed back, but now they throw that bit of luck away by releasing during E3. I think Infamous 2 did OK, but it certainly did not do block buster numbers.

#41 Desecron

Desecron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Does it really bother you that much? Besides, Cheapy does most of the talking.

I don't have a problem with the way he talks, it's the extreme compression that occurs when he says esses, it's a technical problem that literally causes me pain.

... but it looks like I'm the only one, so I'll just live with it.

#42 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think I was one of the ones shaking my finger condescendingly last time Wombat brought up backwards compatibility. Somehow his stance sounds a lot more agreeable this time around. If you told me the Wii U played Gamecube discs and asked when I'd buy it, my reply would still include the phrase "cold, dead wallet."

#43 casamh

casamh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

I work for a supplier of a large big box retailer. From my experience the retailer almost never pays for the sale price or price drops. The supplier (publisher in this case) pays (or credits) the retailer the cost difference in exchange for the expected higher sales for the duration of the lower price period. So Cheapy is correct. Perhaps for small mom and pops it might be different.

I agree that top analysts need to come back. Shipwreck needs to be called out for being wrong recently. He said that the 3ds would be a holiday season success. Was it? He also said that the PS4 would not be coming out in 2013. He might miss that one too. He has his doubts on Last Of US, but I think there is too much pub for this game not to sell 1 mil.