530 replies to this topic

#91 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Seriously I was like "WTF? Oh. . ."

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#92 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Wanna hear a cool story? I can't run today cause I opened the door over my foot and it peeled my toe nail back. ^___^

#93 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Countdown to j-cart linking me to the Feargus Urquhart interview on Rock Paper Shotgun begins... now.

Posted Image

#94 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I don't even try to keep up anymore. It's impossible.

Agreed, but I caved and bought Darksiders II, I started the first one on 360, but got it free on PS3 with plus. Not sure if I should sell off the 360 copy and restart it or not. No time for that, although I don't think I was too far.

I need a gaming vacation.

#95 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Countdown to j-cart linking me to the Feargus Urquhart interview on Rock Paper Shotgun begins... now.

lol What a name that is.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#96 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

If you like games like DMC, DS 1 will more to your liking. DS 2 is more about loot and collecting gear.

No. If he likes Zelda games, Darksiders will be to his liking.
If he likes DMC and action games, he should pick from the standard list and not go with something where there is a little bit of action-type combat but no real substance.

Bayonetta, Rising, DMC4, NGS, NGS2, God of War, etc.

#97 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Agreed, but I caved and bought Darksiders II, I started the first one on 360, but got it free on PS3 with plus. Not sure if I should sell off the 360 copy and restart it or not. No time for that, although I don't think I was too far.

I need a gaming vacation.

Is DS1 still free for PS+? Might pick up a 3-month card tonight if it is and give it a try.

I'm just getting back from a 'gaming vacation' after only playing casually the last couple years. Lots to catch up on.

#98 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I will not satisfy you!

If he likes DMC and action games, he should pick from the standard list and not go with something where there is a little bit of action-type combat but no real substance.

Agreed. Darksiders is not an action game. It is more like that shitty Diet & Caffeine Free God of War, with that additional Zelda flavoring on it.

#99 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Of course its more like Zelda but he said he liked DMC so I said if you like an action game at least play 1.

I liked this game more than I like twilight princess because it copied that zelda formula so well.

#100 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

On chapter 15 on my hardcore playthrough I've only been using one weapon throughout the whole playthrough that single fire carbine + a rocket lawnchair with safety guard(You take no splash dmg from your own rockets) and acid bath attachment.

#101 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

On chapter 15 on my hardcore playthrough I've only been using one weapon throughout the whole playthrough that single fire carbine + a rocket lawnchair with safety guard(You take no splash dmg from your own rockets) and acid bath attachment.

I found the worst parts of hardcore were the ones with the pack. Like in chapter 12
Spoiler
and in chapter 14
Spoiler
. I suppose rocket launcher might help -- I usually used the shotgun with acid or the line gun with stasis.

Other than a couple of those areas or the bullshit instant die spots like the chapter 7
Spoiler
or the later chapters where the assholes have rocket launchers and can see into the future... or that 2nd to last flight sequence with the last second sheet metal dropping in from the top.

I think the worst thing I can say about DS3 right now is that there's so many normal type weapons (shotgun, smg, assault rifle, rocket launcher) and they're all ridiculously useful for a game based dismemberment mechanic.
That and I'm still annoyed by the bits of story that either (1) didn't get cleaned up and clearly reference co-op in single player and vice versa
Spoiler
or (2) that weird bit of Serrano's presentation in chapters 17-18.

Edited by corrosivefrost, 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#102 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Man, I should really just start up my Hardcore run and get it over with. I feel like I still die to too much random shit though. Least I got Pure Survival done and Classic half out of the way.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#103 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Man, I should really just start up my Hardcore run and get it over with. I feel like I still die to too much random shit though. Least I got Pure Survival done and Classic half out of the way.

Finish classic and survival first.
You'll get a set of gun parts, a large resource deposit, and possibly the devil horns for use in hardcore. This means the only places you'll have to worry about dying will be in those bullshit instant death sections I mention above.

#104 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

You'll get a set of gun parts, a large resource deposit, and possibly the devil horns for use in hardcore. This means the only places you'll have to worry about dying will be in those bullshit instant death sections I mention above.

Yeah, I got the MK2 parts and the resource dump already. Do you really get to use the Devil Horns in Hardcore mode though? That would be amazing.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#105 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Wanna hear a cool story? I can't run today cause I opened the door over my foot and it peeled my toe nail back. ^___^

This made me so "Oh Fuck" out loud.

It was pretty intense.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#106 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

This made me so "Oh Fuck" out loud.

It was pretty intense.

Was this your face? Posted Image

#107 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I had no idea items you've unlocked carried over.

The only thing that will carry over for me in beating hardcore is unlocking retro mode. booo

#108 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

No. Twas' nawt.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#109 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Is DS1 still free for PS+? Might pick up a 3-month card tonight if it is and give it a try.

I'm just getting back from a 'gaming vacation' after only playing casually the last couple years. Lots to catch up on.

Yeah as of today it's still free.

#110 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Posted Imagehttps://pbs.twimg.co...AUwcO.jpg:largePosted Image

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#111 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Damn it, there goes my Finn the Human costume idea.

#112 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, I got the MK2 parts and the resource dump already. Do you really get to use the Devil Horns in Hardcore mode though? That would be amazing.

I had no idea items you've unlocked carried over.

The only thing that will carry over for me in beating hardcore is unlocking retro mode. booo

I'm pretty sure it should -- as I went over to my standard game save after beating classic last night and was informed that devil horns were added to my safe... I suppose I could boot it up and see if I chapter select in hardcore what happens...

Edit: no dice. It will give you unlocks from standard and survival (and hardcore) but not from classic. sorry -- seemed like it just unlocked everywhere once you were done.

--

Holy shit, Leda is hot as Fiona.

#113 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Holy shit, Leda is hot.

Fixed.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#114 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Or rather Fiona is just plain hot?

#115 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

No, she's a cartoon character.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#116 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

If you like games like DMC, DS 1 will more to your liking. DS 2 is more about loot and collecting gear.

Nah, if he likes DMC then he needs to get DS2. The combat is way better in that than DS1.

#117 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Oh just wait till next tuesday for MG:R...

#118 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Oh just wait till next tuesday for MG:R...

this! I'm too lazy to go to gamestop I'm just gonna keep my amazon order and hope the artbook isn't that good

#119 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Oh snap! I've totally forgot about MG:R. I need to try dat demo again.

#120 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Is the the GGT or the GLT?
Posted Image