Star Ocean: The Last Hope International $16.99 shipped @ BestSku

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

I loved this game but got stuck half way through by a super overpowered boss or perhaps I was under leveled. I picked up a copy for $15.99 shipped over at Amazon.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#32 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Many people that enjoy JRPG's line myself don't like it. There's something different about the generation of gamers that didnt find out about JRPG's until the PS2. I don't know if you're in that category or not but I've noticed a trend that they tend to defend all JRPG's.

Quoted for truth. These guys are the worst apologists since NAMBLA.

#33 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I thought Star Ocean: TTEoT was a crime against humanity, so people recommending this game saying it ranks "up there" with it don't exactly instill confidence. Part of me wants to get this for collection purposes, but since it hasn't gotten hard to find yet I'll hold off. I still have The Last Story and FFXIII-2 in my backlog anyway, and those are two I actually expect to enjoy. :-P

I will say this tho, getting trophies in most JRPGs is an exercise in frustration so I generally ignore them (Ni No Kuni was a rare exception since not only was that game incredibly fun, but the trophies were all very reasonable).
Posted Image

#34 iamamoogle

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

I played the 360 version up until a bit past where you get the little girl on your team (whose voice was awful and awkward)... and then kind of let it drift by the wayside. I really liked Star Ocean Second Story and Till The End of Time (aside from the plot twist)...

Just having bought a PS3, I might consider it...

#35 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Any reason to buy the 360 version over the PS3?
Outside of not owning a PS3 of course.

#36 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well, the PS3 version has the original Japanese language track included as an option, with some other small extras. I keep hearing the English language track sucks.

laboy229.png

#37 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

The 360 version is a pain in the ass. You have to swap disks too much. When you hit endgame you won't even want to travel back to the old planets. Don't get this game at all but if you're going to get it, for god's sake, get the PS3 version.