You got me hOTT and bOTThered. Be My Valentine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Two-Face fight is a pain in the dick, especially since once you're found his henchmen will infinitely respawn. The best tactic I've found is to silently take down one or two, then knock the guy on the bridge down and just combo Two-Face to death. If you do it right (and use caltrops to prevent anyone getting on the bridge) he'll go down before anyone gets a shot off.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That Two-Face fight is a pain in the dick, especially since once you're found his henchmen will infinitely respawn. The best tactic I've found is to silently take down one or two, then knock the guy on the bridge down and just combo Two-Face to death. If you do it right (and use caltrops to prevent anyone getting on the bridge) he'll go down before anyone gets a shot off.[/QUOTE]

Add to the fact that I was already pretty tired and grumpy when I started it, and playing this just made it more so.

Started Dead Rising 2 last night. I remember getting it for $9 from PSN, but I doubt I'll finish it. No easy mode, and "save points", instead of automatic save anywhere. Plus the controlls seem pretty sluggish so far.

Is Crysis 2 more like Warhead? Finally got around to playing the first game and the expansion and thought about firing up the second one. Going to play it either way since I want to finish it before I play 3 (bought an AMD never settle bundle from someone).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is Crysis 2 more like Warhead? Finally got around to playing the first game and the expansion and thought about firing up the second one. Going to play it either way since I want to finish it before I play 3 (bought an AMD never settle bundle from someone).[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 is less like Crysis 1/Warhead.

They did do a better job with making the suit powers a bit more flush and fluid. However that "open" terrain to do whatever you want is more like "Go to Point B" and point B is right in front of you. Sure you can choose to stealth it or just go all out guns, but Crysis 2 SP is a straight forward single player game.

Crysis 2 MP on the other hand was like playing CoD but everyone has a nanosuit on. It was awesome.

On the DL, if you have a Bargain Hunt store nearby,
they have 12 month XBL gold subs for $24.99

Edit: Brother sent me this, he snatched their last three:
nfr0wo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This stricken cruise ship on cable news is reminiscent of Season 23 episode 19 of the Simpsons: A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again :)

[quote name='j-cart']Crysis 2 is less like Crysis 1/Warhead.

They did do a better job with making the suit powers a bit more flush and fluid. However that "open" terrain to do whatever you want is more like "Go to Point B" and point B is right in front of you. Sure you can choose to stealth it or just go all out guns, but Crysis 2 SP is a straight forward single player game.

Crysis 2 MP on the other hand was like playing CoD but everyone has a nanosuit on. It was awesome.[/QUOTE]

That kind of stinks. I thought Warhead struck the right balance between open world and big battles. The first game felt a little too big at times, where as Warhead seemed to streamline that and hone the overall structure of that.

I did play like 10 minutes of it and at least it looked good. Hoping that even with a more restrictive linear experience that the game is fun.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That kind of stinks. I thought Warhead struck the right balance between open world and big battles. The first game felt a little too big at times, where as Warhead seemed to streamline that and hone the overall structure of that.

I did play like 10 minutes of it and at least it looked good. Hoping that even with a more restrictive linear experience that the game is fun.[/QUOTE]

The SP portion of Crysis 2 is still full of lulz and fun. Just don't try to take it too seriously.

MP is where the fun is really at. Gonna be playing a good amount of Crysis 3 MP :D

Origin ID: theevilchinaman

My fun V-Day story, checked my email for the first time in forever. What is sitting there waiting for me? E-mail from the ever-so-stereotypical "one that got away". Of course, it's just SPAM cause her email got hacked. But seeing that name in my e-mail....today....after years. Ah, hello there old wound.

I just stopped drinking too. WTF.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That kind of stinks. I thought Warhead struck the right balance between open world and big battles. The first game felt a little too big at times, where as Warhead seemed to streamline that and hone the overall structure of that.

I did play like 10 minutes of it and at least it looked good. Hoping that even with a more restrictive linear experience that the game is fun.[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 SP was good. Different, but good. You may find some difficulty if you went straight from 1/Warhead to 2 because of the changes to the suit system (I honestly prefer the suit from the first game) but the world is beautiful. It's a fairly accurate representation of NY (I was able to recognize streets and landmarks without effort).

It's linear as shit but it flows fairly well and you can play like a badass.

I was just thinking why does Mcdonalds have WiFi in all their restaurants and it occured to me it's because they're a wannabe coffee shop with their McCafe line of drinks.

Morning, OTT

[quote name='Maklershed']hi[/QUOTE]

Oh, Hello.

[quote name='eldergamer']I got to grind up pacemaker scar tissue tonight. Best part of my job.[/QUOTE]

:puke:

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT

Oh, Hello.

:puke:[/QUOTE]

I was working in microbiology. It was only a 2cm tiny piece. You have to grind it up before you can plate it. The sputum and urine specimens we get are generally far more disgusting.

That meteor footage is pretty cool. Note to self: If I ever see a giant ball of fire in the sky step back from, not towards, the windows.

I googled it after I posted the link and according to the one link I checked, they have the cameras to help protect themselves from corrupt cops and gov officials

After playing the demo of The Cave (which, I know, came out a few weeks ago) I'm not tempted to pick it up.
The game should be right up my alley. It's designed by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schaefer, it has very light platforming, humor, and simple to moderate puzzles.

It was clever and charming, but even in the demo the backtracking and one item inventory limit turned me off. The puzzles seemed to be cascading, too. "Fixing X caused Y to break! Now what!"

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Any of you OTT dudes wanna do a fantasy baseball league?[/QUOTE]

id be interested as well though ive never done anything like it before

Any suggestions for an electric razor? I have a Braun basic cheap one but it's old. I bought a Philips Sensotouch but I didn't really like it. I figured I'd try another Braun next, but Amazon seems to have better ratings for Panasonic. Anyone had experience with either?

[quote name='Rocko']Any suggestions for an electric razor? I have a Braun basic cheap one but it's old. I bought a Philips Sensotouch but I didn't really like it. I figured I'd try another Braun next, but Amazon seems to have better ratings for Panasonic. Anyone had experience with either?[/QUOTE]

I would like to hear suggestions also. I have been thinking about getting one but there are so many models with different features that I am not sure what I should get.

Never had much success with electric razors. I liked the build quality of my Braun though, the mesh screens all seemed to cut about the same for me, kinda meh. The circular screen type were unusable for my thick stubble.

One of those real beard Santas is at the Oncology center this morning. Made me extra sad, glad my kid is not here

I would like to do a league as well. If Yahoo is ok, I would be willing to volunteer to be commissioner but if someone else wants to do it I wouldn't be opposed.

I've been stuck in last place for years in a dynasty league and would love to have a 1-year league as my 2nd team to see if I could improve on my results.

You just saved me a trip to the "What's New in the Playstation Store" thread.

Vanquish is third person guys in big metal suits fighting each other, right? Think I played the demo once.

Considering replacing our worn down 2001 Chevy Carola with a newer car once our tax refund shows up. It's just our "commuter" car. (Have a 2010 Kia Sedona as the family van)

I kind of want to teach English in Korea once I graduate college if I still have no idea what to do with my life. It seems like it would be a fun experience.

Seems like ~$1800/month to work 30 hours/week teaching English, living rent-free, and having a really unique cultural experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back