Photo
- - - - -

Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#361 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks guys. I will go ahead and pick up Luigis Mansion and choose 3D Land today using GS credit! :D

Hopefully Starfox goes on sell soon because out of the 3 that is the one I want to play so bad cause I played it for hours and hours as a kid! I love that game and cant wait to have it but I could wait.

Edit: Actually I have one more question since I am new to Nintendo handhelds since the Gameboy SP. Do I need to buy a memory card for the 3ds or does it have some internal storage space? Wondering since I dont know if I need a memory card for the DL of 3D Land.

512847.png

#362 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Edit: Actually I have one more question since I am new to Nintendo handhelds since the Gameboy SP. Do I need to buy a memory card for the 3ds or does it have some internal storage space? Wondering since I dont know if I need a memory card for the DL of 3D Land.

Comes with an SD card
2gig in the small 3DS, 4gig in the XL

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#363 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thanks guys. I will go ahead and pick up Luigis Mansion and choose 3D Land today using GS credit! :D

Hopefully Starfox goes on sell soon because out of the 3 that is the one I want to play so bad cause I played it for hours and hours as a kid! I love that game and cant wait to have it but I could wait.

While I agree with what everyone mentioned above with SM3DL being a superior game and value, I think you might be better served getting Starfox with this deal. You've got obvious affection for it, and I think it lends itself well to the DL format since it's so pick-up-and-play.

3D Land is a fantastic game though. You really can't go wrong.

3DS uses SD memory cards. It might have some internal storage, but not much. Assuming you bought it new, because of the thread, you should be all set.

#364 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

While I agree with what everyone mentioned above with SM3DL being a superior game and value, I think you might be better served getting Starfox with this deal. You've got obvious affection for it, and I think it lends itself well to the DL format since it's so pick-up-and-play.

3D Land is a fantastic game though. You really can't go wrong.

3DS uses SD memory cards. It might have some internal storage, but not much. Assuming you bought it new, because of the thread, you should be all set.

I agree... super mario 3d land is a lot of fun, would be new to you, and has many cool level designs. But if you have a burning desire to play Starfox again, that may be the better immediate choice :)

The SD card with the 3DS XL is 4gb (around 30,000 blocks if i remember correctly) and enough to fit quite a few downloaded titles

Edited by Katsumi, 01 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#365 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

I was very shocked when Mario 3D Land took up so little space! The 3D on that is insane!!!!!!!

I thought I'd be changing the card it came with quick. Nope. 4GB holds a lot on this device.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#366 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Really wish OP would add a FAQ at the beginning...

Do I have to click the offer for it to apply, or will it apply automatically after I register my system/game?

The offer came up immediately. I registered my XL then Luigi's Mansion and then the offer for a free download came up immediately.

#367 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Do you need to do the 3DS-> 3DS XL transfer of the Ambassador status and previously purchased games before you do the registration and DL of the free game? And do you have to DL all the free Ambassador games before transfer, or will they show as available for download on the new system after transferring Ambassador status?

Sorry for all the questions, but I figure you only get one shot at doing this right and I wanted to make sure I was all set before I tried it.

decker%2001.jpg

#368 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

XL's come with 4gb sd card, which is more than enough space if all you're downloading is VC and digital only games. If you're downloading retail games too I'd imagine you'd need to upgrade eventually. Fortunately Nintendo didn't use proprietary cards so upgrading doesn't feel like rape like it does with the Vita.

I agree with others, you should get Star Fox if it's one of your favorite games. To me, the ideal digital download should be a game that you don't have any intention on selling, and are going to come back to over and over again. For me Animal Crossing is that kind of game. Maybe Pokemon as well.
Posted Image

#369 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'd go with 3D Land. Star Fox has gone under $20 before whereas 3D Land typically stays around $30-$40.

Plus you can find tons of people giving out star fox on cart hell i got 1 i been trying to sell brand new cart one for a year and cant cause cant get what i want for it...:P:
WOOOO I STINK

#370 zman73

zman73

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Enjoying the heck out of my new 3ds xl... basically picked up and played NSMB2 whenever I had a free moment, but didnt take too long to get through the game... luckily I found the bundle with MK7 with it and have played that as well as Tetris Axis, Rayman Origins, Luigi, Kid Icarus (original game 3d DL)... and have the Paper Mario game on order from gamestop... fun times ahead
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#371 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Enjoying the heck out of my new 3ds xl... basically picked up and played NSMB2 whenever I had a free moment, but didnt take too long to get through the game... luckily I found the bundle with MK7 with it and have played that as well as Tetris Axis, Rayman Origins, Luigi, Kid Icarus (original game 3d DL)... and have the Paper Mario game on order from gamestop... fun times ahead

tell you right now without the guide your going to hate paper mario... even with the guide your going to go nuts playing it
WOOOO I STINK

#372 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Liking my 3DS XL a lot as well, though I haven't had a ton of time to play it.

Grabbed the blue XL in the target sale along with Super Mario 3D Land. Wasn't aware of this deal at the time, but someone pointed it out to me so I grabbed Luigi's Mansion from Amazon and got that to day. Went with Star Fox as my free game. Looks nice in 3D!

Also jumped on Fire Emblem, Zelda: OoT and Mario Kart 7 for $23.99 a piece in the Nebraska Furniture Mart deal posted yesterday. Hope that order goes through!

#373 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

I have a few questions that I need some answers (more opinions actually). First off, I got a 3DS XL this weekend so would most of you guys recommend I pick up Luigis Mansion which is essentially 2 games for $40 with the free DL? And if I do pick up Luigis Mansion what free game should I take between Starfox and Super Mario 3D Land? Regardless I want to pick up both eventually but If I do pick one I think I would prefer to pick the one that is least likely to get a sale.

That would be 3D Land.

And yes, I do recommend getting Luigi's Mansion.

#374 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Even though 3D land is the better value I think I am going to go with Starfox since I know I love it. Thanks for all the help to all of you!

Oh and another thing. Every single gamestop in my area is sold out of Luigis Mansion :cry:
I wonder if all GS stores only got a few copies or what the deal is.

512847.png

#375 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

I ended up grabbing a pikachu 3ds xl and pokemon MD on ebay. So now I will get that professor layton game for free SHIBBY!

#376 Bigbadwolfe911

Bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

tell you right now without the guide your going to hate paper mario... even with the guide your going to go nuts playing it

I have been enjoying mine I am about half way through it and don't have the guide, it has a lot of fun stuff throughout but most of it can be figured out pretty quickly otherwise the Internet has a ton of free guides, just google the area your stuck on.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#377 xGwiZ96x

xGwiZ96x

Cheapest Brony Ever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

I have a question

if I redeem a code for Starfox 64 3D and download it on my 2GB SD Card, can I download it again to my 4GB SD Card with no hassle or will I need another code?

Crazy Twilight Sparkle is good Twilight Sparkle..

I have finally been honorably discharged from the console war! And I now realize that it's just a waste of everyone's time...

http://m.youtube.com...6?feature=guide Go to my YT channel linked above for amazing Call of Duty videos and please subscribe :)

#378 WasabiJoe

WasabiJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

I have a question

if I redeem a code for Starfox 64 3D and download it on my 2GB SD Card, can I download it again to my 4GB SD Card with no hassle or will I need another code?

From what I understand, as long as you're using both sd cards in the same 3DS, you can just copy the data from the 2 gig card to the 4 gig card and plug it in.
If you can't copy the data directly, as long as they're both in the same 3ds, I believe you can re-download the game from your eshop history onto the 4 gig card. If you're trying to transfer your redeemed game across different 3DS-es though, that won't work.

#379 xGwiZ96x

xGwiZ96x

Cheapest Brony Ever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

From what I understand, as long as you're using both sd cards in the same 3DS, you can just copy the data from the 2 gig card to the 4 gig card and plug it in.
If you can't copy the data directly, as long as they're both in the same 3ds, I believe you can re-download the game from your eshop history onto the 4 gig card. If you're trying to transfer your redeemed game across different 3DS-es though, that won't work.

and if I do that, how do I get to keep my save data from my 2GB to my 4GB card? Is it possible to transfer save files?

Crazy Twilight Sparkle is good Twilight Sparkle..

I have finally been honorably discharged from the console war! And I now realize that it's just a waste of everyone's time...

http://m.youtube.com...6?feature=guide Go to my YT channel linked above for amazing Call of Duty videos and please subscribe :)

#380 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

and if I do that, how do I get to keep my save data from my 2GB to my 4GB card? Is it possible to transfer save files?

Plug your 2GB SD card into PC, copy everything, swap for 4GB SD card, clean it out and copy the stuff from the 2GB to the 4GB. That's it, everything will transfer over.

#381 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ah, okay. Sorry about that.

I tried to do the system transfer between my Ambassador 3DS and the new 3DS XL and it glitched out like 90 minutes into the process. I hope I'll be able to do the transfer again later because if not, I'll be super-pissed to lose those awesome GBA games.

decker%2001.jpg

#382 1stCome

1stCome

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

had BB price match target sale for a blue one. picked up prof layton free with luigis mansion

i couldnt be more pleased :)

#383 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

had BB price match target sale for a blue one. picked up prof layton free with luigis mansion

i couldnt be more pleased :)

Did the same but got star fox instead! :D

512847.png

#384 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'll PayPal you for it. PM me if interested.

I dont use paypal. Or ebay. Call me a noob but I have never wanted to try those services. Im paranoid I guess. :-#

I would love to just sell it though. Assuming your speaking about PS ALL STARS.

512847.png

#385 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Oh and another thing. Every single gamestop in my area is sold out of Luigis Mansion :cry:
I wonder if all GS stores only got a few copies or what the deal is.

Incredibly late response, but most stores (walmart, target, best buy) are still sold out of this, lol. I think it's more Nintendo's doing, perhaps to build hype or encourage digital downloads?

#386 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Incredibly late response, but most stores (walmart, target, best buy) are still sold out of this, lol. I think it's more Nintendo's doing, perhaps to build hype or encourage digital downloads?

Yea I checked for about three days for gamestops pick up at store option till one day it finally showed up. I assume when they got their shipment. I want to say they only got 1-2 more in because the next day it was out of stock again. I really only picked it up to get the free DL for Starfox. Im gonna see if I could beat it quick but I already put up an ad to see if I could sell it and get most of my money back.

512847.png

#387 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Please stop posting trade/sale requests in here. The posts will be deleted.

#388 jdangerc

jdangerc

MEMBER SINCE 2003!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

I wish there was a deal on 3ds xl's! I would love to take advantage of this offer, but dont want to pay retail.

#389 garrett9418

garrett9418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Do I have to register before 4/30 or can I register on that exact day?
:hot::hot::hot::ps3:PSN Trade List:ps3::hot::hot::hot: http://www.cheapassg...7&postcount=996

:hot::hot::hot::360:XBL Trade List:360::hot::hot::hot:http://www.cheapassg...3&postcount=962

#390 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Do I have to register before 4/30 or can I register on that exact day?

It looks like you have until Tuesday according to the Club Nintendo site:

Qualifying products must be registered by 4/30/13.