Photo
- - - - -

Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#31 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Was waiting to upgrade my 3DS to an XL. Thoughts on Miracle Mask vs Starfox 64?

decker%2001.jpg

#32 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I knew there was a reason I hadn't registered my Red/Black XL yet...and I need 160 points for Platinum status, so it works out even better. ;) I already have Luigi's Mansion preordered through Newegg for $29.99, so all I need to do to get in on this is sit and wait. :lol:

Now the question is: Do I download Art Academy to try to learn how to draw when stick figures are the height of my artistic ability (and have been for years), or sell off my still-sealed physical copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and download it for free (I still have Last Specter to beat, however)...? :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#33 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

If you play StarFox through once, then yeah, it is maybe 2 hours long. But the whole point is the replayability. While I don't like it as much as the N64 version, the game is excellent.

I wish I hadn't registered my XL. I would have picked up Luigi's Mansion to get SML3D for free.

Well yeah, but I played more than enough when it was on the 64 that I'm unsure how much more I would play it here.

#34 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

To bad this wasnt for the regular 3DS as well.

#35 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I knew there was a reason I hadn't registered my Red/Black XL yet...and I need 160 points for Platinum status, so it works out even better. ;) I already have Luigi's Mansion preordered through Newegg for $29.99, so all I need to do to get in on this is sit and wait. :lol:

Now the question is: Do I download Art Academy to try to learn how to draw when stick figures are the height of my artistic ability (and have been for years), or sell off my still-sealed physical copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and download it for free (I still have Last Specter to beat, however)...? :-k

The trouble with Layton is it's too linear. There's no real reason to go back and play the puzzles you've beaten already. Not great for a download.

#36 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Bought and registered an XL last night. Urgh.

#37 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wow this is BS... I registered yesterday...... YESTERDAY!!!

#38 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Uh...I just don't know what to say to this one. :roll:

The NOE version of this deal was extended to all owners of the XL

#39 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

My sister just gave me her code but I already have a 3DS registered.
So I guess I'll give it to my friend and let him get the free movie, I guess.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#40 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

The trouble with Layton is it's too linear. There's no real reason to go back and play the puzzles you've beaten already. Not great for a download.

I disagree. The additional daily download puzzles are a good reason to keep going back to it. Especially since there are a ton out there if you get it later.

#41 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

What the hell is registering? It's like something everybody here knows about and there seems to be rewards for doing it (besides the one here) and I know absolutely nothing about this. I don't believe I have registered unless they make you do it when you sign everything up on the system. Also what is the point on "holding out".
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#42 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I have Luigi's Mansion pre-ordered through Newegg, and I was planning on getting a 3DS XL at some point, so looks like I'm getting an XL sometime in March.

I'll probably go with Professor Layton or Starfox 64.

#43 io

io

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

What the hell is registering? It's like something everybody here knows about and there seems to be rewards for doing it (besides the one here) and I know absolutely nothing about this. I don't believe I have registered unless they make you do it when you sign everything up on the system. Also what is the point on "holding out".

Club Nintendo - look it up ;).

And by "holding out" they mean registering after the Club year ends at the end of June so that the points count towards next year's platinum status. Many of us have already reached platinum for this year and adding 160 points (plus the DL game's points) wouldn't really help for this year. So it is a trade-off. Of course I think Mario 3D and Professor Layton are well worth it even if you have gone over for this year.

But... I already have those games. And I assume I can't get the save off my cart for Mario 3D and use that with the digital version, right?

I had not registered my XL upgrade system yet. This is tempting and I suppose I could get StarFox (as I haven't opened my physical copy yet).

#44 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

why does it have to be 3DS XL? No love for the fire emblem 3DS? :(
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#45 io

io

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Fuck - never mind, apparently I registered my system in early January #-o.

#46 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Interesting. I bought a 3Ds in December, had no idea about this stuff. Too bad I already bought Mario 3D for my brother though.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#47 mannam23

mannam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

so it looks like those of us that register early get punished this time. thanks nintendo.

#48 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Usually, the whining about stuff like this would piss me off at how stupid people are, but now I just love watching them get upset.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#49 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

good thing i was lazy and never registered my 3DS XL when i got it day 1 back in August :D

and i was already getting luigis mansion 2 so i'll be taking professor layton, saves me an extra $25

I can already tell this will happen with wii u, count on it. *holds onto wii u registration code*

#50 smallsharkbigbite

smallsharkbigbite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Unfortunately, Newegg no longer has the deal on Luigi's Mansion. I considered it, but backed off because it was a $10 gift card and not $10 outright. Had I known I could bundle it into a free game I probably would have bit. I'll look around and see if there are any deals for it when it releases.

#51 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Played Starfox, Layton, and Mario already, and own a sealed copy of 3D Land that I was planning on replaying later...Will I be able to sell the download code from this program or is it somehow tied to my Club Nintendo account?

#52 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

I wish If you just got the game...you would get the download....pretty decent otherwise though.

#53 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

I plan on getting a 3DS XL tomorrow from Target, even if I don't I will still have time to get a deal on a XL AND take advantage of this. Maybe even trade in my copy of Star Fox and get a new one. Naw, but this is a great deal.
Ok then, knuckle up.

#54 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Does registering for the 3ds ambassador program count as being registered? I've never done the club nintendo stuff.

#55 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Awesome deal. Have 2 unregistered XLs, and a Luigi preordered. Tempted to get another copy, or maybe just another game code.

#56 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Oh well. I registered my XL already. My free game would've been Star Fox but I still have and play the original 64 version so at least I'm not missing out.

#57 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I plan on getting a 3DS XL tomorrow from Target, even if I don't I will still have time to get a deal on a XL AND take advantage of this. Maybe even trade in my copy of Star Fox and get a new one. Naw, but this is a great deal.

I thought about doing the Target deal, but ended up getting a MK7 bundle instead. Seems like the $200 MK7 bundle is a better deal than $25 GC Target deal, RIGHT NOW (please no comments about past deals)... Unless, for some reason you don't want MK7 or the color blue.

#58 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

I picked up an XL during the Best Buy sale and thankfully didn't register it. 30 off and a free game works for me.
Posted Image

#59 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

i sent NoA an email...worth a shot i guess.

#60 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

no, i meant, i sent an email because to see if they can extend / accept 3DSXL before that date...only registered last week....