CompUSA-vita game sale $14.95

Not lucky enough to have a bricks-and-mortar store in our area (last one shut down about 2 years ago), but I buy all the time online for my computer business. Thanks for the heads-up on these games, OP. Maybe I'll sneak one into my next cart.

CompUSA is the same as TigerDirect.com -- so, you can order them online for the same price.

Edit: Oops, sorry -- looks like Uncharted is still full price, the others are $14.97 though

Ugh these used to be everywhere around here, now suddenly not a one. Bah. Want UMvC3 but shipping ruins it. Thanks for the heads up though.

I found that having only two shoulder buttons to work with is a huge pain for UMvC3. Whatever button configuration you figure out, there's probably going to be some combination of inputs that's really hard to do (dashing, xfactor, Taskmaster supers).

Oh, and load times are 10x longer than they are on console.

It's still a fun port, but it's not as useful for getting practice in away from home as I had anticipated.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is MVC3 worth it at that price? The only other fighter I have for the Vita is Mortal Kombat. I love that series to death![/QUOTE]

besides the bad load times i couldnt stop playing it when i owned it. the frame rate is perfect and the character models are just like the console versions. only differince is the backrounds which arent animated unlike the console versions.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Probably a good deal if you can get them in the store. They charge $7 for ground shipping online plus $2 tax so no go for me.[/QUOTE]

Or you can price match them. :D

I didn't know there was still brick and morter stores left! Customer Service was horrendous but they had good deals if you knew how to look.

[quote name='wugenius']Comp USA. Now there is a name I haven't heard in ages. Didn't know these still existed.[/QUOTE]

They don't really, they are pretty much Tiger Direct with only in name Comp USA

[quote name='IamPro']They don't really, they are pretty much Tiger Direct with only in name Comp USA[/QUOTE]

Store here is now Tigerdirect.com instead of Compusa as the logo.

We're now ALL TigerDirect, even if the signs haven't changed on your stores yet, same parent company had us and Tiger. Still the same people/stores/etc. :)

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Some of my mom's Columbian friends would say CompUSA in one word in Spanish. Cracked me up every time I heard them say it.[/QUOTE]

Columbian? You mean they attended Columbia University? Or are they from the country of Colombia? Which that would make them Colombian.

I really miss the days of browsing the local Rochester CompUSA. I remember the Windows 95 launch - the place was packed. :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']besides the bad load times i couldnt stop playing it when i owned it. the frame rate is perfect and the character models are just like the console versions. only differince is the backrounds which arent animated unlike the console versions.[/QUOTE]

I'm still thinking about picking this one up. It's hard for me to pay more than $10 for a Vita game.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is MVC3 worth it at that price? The only other fighter I have for the Vita is Mortal Kombat. I love that series to death![/QUOTE]

personally I like it. mk is my favorite fighting franchise but mvc3 is a lot of fun for a diff style of fighting. I don't have the ps3 version anymore as I had the first run and capcom pissed me off and imo pulled a dick move with the rerelease bs but they did a good job on the vita version. I have fond memories of playing mvc2 on dreamcast like ten years ago drunk as hell with a bunch of friends.. the good ole days.

Still waiting on a sale on Book of Memories. Why hasn't this been discounted after release? Is there a big demand or something? I'd pay 15 or maybe 20 for it, def no higher though.

Standing in front of games and it has Uncharted at the online price. The OP store might have incorrectly tagged it as the same price of other discounted games.

bread's done
Back