Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#391 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

really wish amazon would match pokemon black 2. then I could order both from there and cancel the bestbuy order

#392 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Picked up Skyward Sword, pokemon black/white 2, and sticker star :D thanks!

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#393 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Bought White 2 from Amazon, hope they price match Layton.

#394 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lol you guys know that you can just go in store and pick them up? I was worrying at first, but I picked up Kid Icarus, PM:SS, Black 2, and Layton for $70ish dollars. I'm excited to add these to my backlog!

#395 elyfant422

elyfant422

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I went and ordered Miracle Mask when it came back in stock a short while ago, but I've read elsewhere that I should at least play Last Specter before it. Anyone want to confirm/deny/weigh in with their own advice?

I've never played any of the games in the series, if that wasn't clear. Should've picked up Diabolical Box while it was still ~$8 at Wal-Mart.

Each game has their own story where you will not get lost but the first three games are considered a trilogy and Last Specter is the start of a new trilogy with Miracle Mask being the second. The games in each trilogy are somewhat connected in that they share some characters and stuff but not really a full three game story.

#396 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Lol you guys know that you can just go in store and pick them up? I was worrying at first, but I picked up Kid Icarus, PM:SS, Black 2, and Layton for $70ish dollars. I'm excited to add these to my backlog!

But gas kills the deal (not srs). That's what I am going to do, faster too.
Posted Image

#397 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm getting forced to do store pickup at checkout

OH NO! You're going to have to leave your house and *GASP* talk to people face to face! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!

Real answer: Whatever you're trying to buy is probably sold out online.

#398 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I went and ordered Miracle Mask when it came back in stock a short while ago, but I've read elsewhere that I should at least play Last Specter before it. Anyone want to confirm/deny/weigh in with their own advice?

It shouldn't be an issue for you until the very, and I mean very end. I haven't played Last Spectre, and I still enjoyed the game to it's full potential. It's such a great story. I guarantee you that it's most definitely worth the $19.99, hell it's worth the full retail price to be honest.

#399 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Not everybody has a Best Buy 5-10 minutes away. The closest one to me is nearly an hour away.

#400 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

OH NO! You're going to have to leave your house and *GASP* talk to people face to face! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!

Real answer: Whatever you're trying to buy is probably sold out online.

They want me to go to 2 separate stores 40 miles apart
A deal's a deal, honey. No shipping ain't as good a deal.

Plus Best Buy's sleazy

#401 irideabike

irideabike

is dragon quest like a pokemon game? will pick that up for the wife if it is.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#402 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

just wanted to remind everyone that Prof. Layton is one of the free titles you can download when purchasing a 3dsxl and luigis mansion. I bought my xl for christmas and havnt registered it...thats the only thing stopping me from getting prof layton now.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#403 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

In for Darksiders II, Mario SS, and Miracle Mask. Good stuff :)

#404 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

is dragon quest like a pokemon game? will pick that up for the wife if it is.

Uh...sort of, in that both are RPGs, but Dragon Quest is more traditional and focuses more on the story.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#405 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Just to remind ppl 1.5% cashback from ebates on bestbuy.com (Not really that great but hey A dollar is a dollar)

#406 irideabike

irideabike

Uh...sort of, in that both are RPGs, but Dragon Quest is more traditional and focuses more on the story.

all right, ill get it for her then.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#407 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not everybody has a Best Buy 5-10 minutes away. The closest one to me is nearly an hour away.

Damn dude, you live out in Amish country?

#408 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Dragon quest is not pokemon, It's more like final fantasy.

#409 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Dragon quest is not pokemon, It's more like final fantasy.

Yeah, I know, but he didn't mention Final Fantasy in his post, only DQ and Pokemon.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

#410 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't have a 3DS, but I would buy Sticker Star instantly! I'm also interested in the Professor Layton series but I haven't played it yet.

I'm hoping for Dragon Quest IX to drop in price soon, since I've seen it for $10 before. Dragon Quest VI is also $15, but I heard it's part of a trilogy with 4 & 5 so should I start with those?

#411 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Damn dude, you live out in Amish country?

It feels like it sometimes.

#412 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Same with me. People don't understand how big the United States is. They think the Northeast is comprised of New York and Boston, and the rest is part of Canada. I bet half of the CAG community couldn't tell you where Maine and Ohio are on a blank map. It's sad.

#413 fragilityv2

fragilityv2

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just picked up Darksiders II, PM:SS and PL:MM all in store. I was also informed that we may be seeing a WiiU special very soon.

#414 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm hoping for Dragon Quest IX to drop in price soon, since I've seen it for $10 before. Dragon Quest VI is also $15, but I heard it's part of a trilogy with 4 & 5 so should I start with those?

I might be mistaken, but I don't think you need to have played IV & V to enjoy VI; it's a trilogy in that the games reference a lot of the same mythological creatures/entities (like how the first three Dragon Quests referenced Loto), so if you really wanted to play VI, you could still have fun with it.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#415 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Don't worry, the closest Best Buy from my house is over an hour away. Luckily, I spend a lot of time with my girlfriend where the Best Buy is only 10 minutes away. I'm here this weekend and have plenty of RZ certificates to spend, so Darksiders II is mine. Already picked up White 2 on Amazon.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#416 WickedestChild

WickedestChild

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Is this deal going on in store as well? I would read through the thread, but I need to get out the door soon, and will be right next to a BB.

#417 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Is this deal going on in store as well? I would read through the thread, but I need to get out the door soon, and will be right next to a BB.

yes

#418 WickedestChild

WickedestChild

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

yes

Thanks! Just finished the first Darksiders and really enjoyed it, so I'm definitely in for the second one!

#419 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I recently bought kid icarus on jan 6th from best buy for close to retail. Is there a chance bby will price match it if I go in today for its current price of $15?

#420 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Perfect timing: just started playing the first Darksiders, so i nabbed a copy of the sequel. Thanks, OP!