Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#421 neonlights326

neonlights326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Got SS and White 2 with my gift card. Thanks to OP and everyone else for the heads-up! :applause: :3ds:

#422 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Amazon has price matched Mario. $20.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0053BCMAC/

(Apologizes if it's already been posted in this thread.)

cagSig.png515886.png

#423 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

OH NO! You're going to have to leave your house and *GASP* talk to people face to face! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!

Real answer: Whatever you're trying to buy is probably sold out online.

Way to be a jerk. Not everyone lives next door to a Best Buy, and gas is more expensive now than ever before.

I live in a farily urbanized area, and the closest Best Buy is 20 minutes away. It's a fairly new store too; they had their grand opening the same weekend the 3DS launched.

Before that, the nearest BB was over 30 minutes away. Make that 40 if you were going anytime there was any significant traffic.

Believe it or not, it's not worth everyone's time to take that long of a detour to save $20 (minus gas, so more like $10-$15 dollars). I don't know what your time is worth, but when I work I charge a client $120 an hour. That's peanuts compared to some others on this site. Without the free shipping, this deal wouldn't have been worth the 40 min drive for me either.

So yeah........ just learn to think before you post, ok?
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#424 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ordered Black 2 for store pickup. Haven't played a Pokemon game since the original Red (came bundled with a yellow Gameboy Color).

Already have Paper Mario and Kid Icarus. Recommend both at these prices.

#425 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I recently bought kid icarus on jan 6th from best buy for close to retail. Is there a chance bby will price match it if I go in today for its current price of $15?

... If you're silver, YES! If not, you're boned.

#426 fragilityv2

fragilityv2

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

With all this talk about how far some of you are driving to get to a BBY, makes me realize how lucky I am to be within 30 mins of 4 of them. 2 being about 10 mins apart.

#427 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Way to be a jerk. Not everyone lives next door to a Best Buy, and gas is more expensive now than ever before.

I live in a farily urbanized area, and the closest Best Buy is 20 minutes away. It's a fairly new store too; they had their grand opening the same weekend the 3DS launched.

Before that, the nearest BB was over 30 minutes away. Make that 40 if you were going anytime there was any significant traffic.

Believe it or not, it's not worth everyone's time to take that long of a detour to save $20. I don't know what your time is worth, but when I work I charge a client $120 an hour. That's peanuts compared to some others on this site. Without the free shipping, this deal wouldn't have been worth the 40 min drive for me either.

So yeah........ just learn to think before you post, ok?

So the "Real answer" part? That implies that there was a fake answer. One would assume that the fake answer came before the real answer. The fake answer was a joke and, I would assume, obvious to most people.

FYI, gas is actually cheaper now than it was last year at this time or last Fall.

So yeah........ just learn to read before you post.

#428 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

my bby closed down like a year ago :(

#429 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

So the "Real answer" part? That implies that there was a fake answer. One would assume that the fake answer came before the real answer. The fake answer was a joke and, I would assume, obvious to most people.

FYI, gas is actually cheaper now than it was last year at this time or last Fall.

So yeah........ just learn to read before you post.

A joke would imply humor, there was none in your post.

FYI, gas prices vary from location to location, and where I live (without giving details it is a capital city) prices are higher than last year, or ever before. Even if they have went down in other areas, it's still expensive as hell.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#430 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

If amazon PM'd paper mario, are they likely to price match the others?

#431 Eye Carumba

Eye Carumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I had to fight with Reward Zone's E70 error code for a while, but I eventually pulled out enough RZ certificates to pick up Paper Mario. Thanks, OP!

#432 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I had to fight with Reward Zone's E70 error code for a while, but I eventually pulled out enough RZ certificates to pick up Paper Mario. Thanks, OP!

I've had that issue with RZ for at least a week now. I'm assuming then it must be a widespread issue? How did you get around it?
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#433 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

If amazon PM'd paper mario, are they likely to price match the others?

They PM'd Pokemon

#434 KitsuDeXstrosity

KitsuDeXstrosity

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm in for Darksiders 2, Mario SS, and Black 2.

Got Layton for Christmas. Fantastic game. And I just completed Kid Icarus, which I also highly recommend especially for $14.99. It has some crazy replay value because of the long campaign and the Treasure Hunt puzzles.

#435 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

i always love these stealth bestbuy sales which just happen to be better than the weekly ad ones lol. hope for more vita game sales with this

What, so you can try to flip and make $2?

#436 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

What, so you can try to flip and make $2?

Or maybe he just wants more Vita games? I'm right there with him if that's the case.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#437 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Will these prices be visible in store? In other words, do they honor their online prices in store?

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#438 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Will these prices be visible in store? In other words, do they honor their online prices in store?

With Best buy, you never know. You're better off doing store pickup.

They keep track of three prices: in-store price, online price and secret instore website price.

#439 Ignis

Ignis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Does anyone know how long the price for Pokemon Black 2 will last? I can pick up a copy tomorrow for sure, but most likely not today.
Posted Image

#440 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Now all i need is that Circle Pad Pro for the XL

Just ordered one from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=121053315070

$29.xx shipped)

Just a heads up but the circle pad pro does not work like you might think for Kid Icarus (right analog is an extension of the left stick, not camera controls):

Skip to :40

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#441 Eye Carumba

Eye Carumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've had that issue with RZ for at least a week now. I'm assuming then it must be a widespread issue? How did you get around it?

I kept spamming it. I never did stop seeing the error, but I eventually did get my certificates in my inbox and they worked just fine.

#442 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just a heads up but the circle pad pro does not work like you might think for Kid Icarus (right analog is an extension of the left stick, not camera controls):

Skip to :40

I'm still upset about that, if they would have only implemented the use of the circle pad pro the game would have been a lot more enjoyable. I don't see why Nintendo doesn't patch the game to add the support it should have had.

#443 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Do you guys think medal of honor is worth $15. I would assume so but I might just pass since some other new games are coming out soon.

#444 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

what, so you can try to flip and make $2?

lol,

#445 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

eBay prices of these games on sale have tanked as much as $7 just from yesterday!

LOL @ re-sellers constantly under-cutting each other by a penny. Please keep on doing it until it reaches 9.99! :D

#446 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Do you guys think medal of honor is worth $15. I would assume so but I might just pass since some other new games are coming out soon.

it is worth it , if you intend on getting into battlefield 4 beta

#447 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

i just walked into my bestbuy casually and got my darksiders 2 copy. they only had the reg edition but paying 15 cents out of my pocket to get this is fine by me lol. two employees didnt know about the sale so they rushed to the shelf and picked up copys for themselves lmao. i advise people to get this game now as this game probibly wont get re printed. now if only saints row 3 can plumit in price........
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#448 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

i just walked into my bestbuy casually and got my darksiders 2 copy. they only had the reg edition but paying 15 cents out of my pocket to get this is fine by me lol. two employees didnt know about the sale so they rushed to the shelf and picked up copys for themselves lmao. i advise people to get this game now as this game probibly wont get re printed. now if only saints row 3 can plumit in price........

saints row 3 was the only sucessful IP from thq, so i doubt they would stop printing it.

#449 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

saints row 3 was the only sucessful IP from thq, so i doubt they would stop printing it.

I wouldn't call it the only, if you had to compare Saints Row with any other than by no doubt sales may seem dwarfed, didn't their WWE series sell pretty well?

#450 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

I wouldn't call it the only, if you had to compare Saints Row with any other than by no doubt sales may seem dwarfed, didn't their WWE series sell pretty well?

the wwe games have been their consistant ip (along with the shovelware). they owned wwe 45 mill though which was a big part of their troubles. the darksiders ip still hasnt been brought i beleave which is a shame. within time though i think it will be brought for cheap like homefront was
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze