Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#481 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Are these deals ending tonight or saturday night?

I think it supposed be President weekend deal, so it might end Saturday night or Sunday. Just to be safe, order the games you want for store pickup now in case the sale ends earlier than expected.

#482 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

According to the website these deals should be good Fri-Mon, but like you said it would be safer to order as soon as possible.

#483 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Both Pokemon games for me. Already have everything else I'd want. Excellent sale!

#484 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

One thing I have learned from dealing with Best Buy is to simply call and place an order as soon as I see deals like these. That way they can simply put the items aside for me, and I don't have to worry about messing with their website and potentially having items be "unavailable for shipping". Plus if I do it quickly enough it prevents employees from hoarding all the copies.

#485 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Got Layton, Pokemon black 2 and darksiders 2, though that was from target as a price match since my bb was out.

#486 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I recently bought kid icarus on jan 6th from best buy for close to retail. Is there a chance bby will price match it if I go in today for its current price of $15?

If u have Primier card you can do return & exchage up to 2 months ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#487 n3rdburn

n3rdburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just waiting on my 3DS to arrive, then I may have to make a Run to BB, thanks OP for emptying my wallet even further!
Posted Image

#488 AsobiSeksu

AsobiSeksu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

A day late to the game. Wow, it seems like everyone cleared out Layton in the Bay Area.

#489 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

One thing I have learned from dealing with Best Buy is to simply call and place an order as soon as I see deals like these. That way they can simply put the items aside for me, and I don't have to worry about messing with their website and potentially having items be "unavailable for shipping". Plus if I do it quickly enough it prevents employees from hoarding all the copies.

I didn't have any trouble with the Pick-Up in store option. They always had my stuff ready and were really nice about it. Honestly though, wouldn't calling ahead have a better chance of your game not actually being held? Since they have to confirm they found the item, etc for the website option.

Firepowerr.png

#490 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Picked up Professor Layton and Darksiders 2. However, when I got home to play Professor Layton there was no game in the case :(

#491 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Picked up Professor Layton and Darksiders 2. However, when I got home to play Professor Layton there was no game in the case :(

your bestbuy must be in a high theft/ crime neighborhood, LOL

#492 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

A day late to the game. Wow, it seems like everyone cleared out Layton in the Bay Area.

Same case for me with Kid Icarus: Uprising here in New York City.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#493 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Unfortunately my local BB didn't have anymore copies of Professor Layton but I managed to grab a copy of Pokemon Black 2.

On a side note, the local BB is also running a promotion where all RZ members get 2x points and Silver members get 3x points for all purchases. I think it has to do with my BB being under renovations though as it specifically only mentions that location. But it lasts till March 30th, so I'll be sure to take advantage of it.

#494 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

My BB has everything but Kid Icarus, which is what I wanted to pickup. Might try another one nearby.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#495 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

O.O

damn I hope that was a production error, would be pretty sketchy taking back opened games and selling them as new.

#496 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

O.O

damn I hope that was a production error, would be pretty sketchy taking back opened games and selling them as new.

I hope so too. The game was in those plastic theft cases too

#497 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

just because the stock tracker says they are out, they might still have one or two copies right?

#498 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

O.O

God, pretty sure A Major, rEspectable, gameS reTailer wOuld never think of such a thing, Period
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#499 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Surprised best buy is not OOS yet. Hopefully they don't screw over e people who already ordered.

#500 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Has anyone on here played the Crosswords game for 3DS? I like the effort they put into the Picross games in terms of content, so I'd imagine it would have a decent amount like those.

#501 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

just because the stock tracker says they are out, they might still have one or two copies right?

You can always call the store and ask them if they have any copies. It's possible that even if it says "not available" on the website that they would have 1-3 copies in the store.

Just do an RSS check on the SKU for the game you want to pick up.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#502 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Surprised best buy is not OOS yet. Hopefully they don't screw over e people who already ordered.

Mine shipped already, but I ordered around 5:30 a.m. CST.

#503 Dacoops3

Dacoops3

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thanks, ordered Paper Mario, Professor Layton, and Kid Icarus for 3DS. If you order over the phone they may be able to find stores that have orders coming in and reserve them for you. That's what happened to me, the website wouldn't even let me order on my iPhone. Thanks again for sharing this!

#504 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

All these 3ds games on sale and I happened to stumble upon Starfox 64 3DS for $18.88 on Amazon. Is that the lowest price its been?

+ shipping.... It's not sold by Amazon directly.
www.bighugenerd.com

#505 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Has anyone on here played the Crosswords game for 3DS? I like the effort they put into the Picross games in terms of content, so I'd imagine it would have a decent amount like those.

My wife is playing the copy I just bought. She has the 3d turned off though. It's just a normal crossword puzzle.

#506 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm looking for some info on Darksiders 2. I never knew much about the game or series. At this price I may be interested, but I did a quick google and I'm afraid that playing it may make me feel guilty as a Christian.

Is it true that the game involves breaking into Heaven through the pearly gates and slaughtering the armies of Heaven? The gameplay videos look like a blast but I don't know that I could enjoy that kind of plot. I didn't have a problem enjoying Dante's Inferno though.

I'm just wondering what you guys think...is the plot of this game something that could make it hard for a Christian to enjoy it?

Also, don't think I'm one of those prudes that thinks anybody who plays this game, listens to heavy metal or uses the word Fuck is damned for eternity. I just, personally, don't know if I'd feel like I was being disrespectful of God, Heaven, or my faith if I played it. I full well understand other Christians may not feel that way at all. Hell, I may not feel that way if I knew more about it, which is what I'm trying to find out.

#507 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

your bestbuy must be in a high theft/ crime neighborhood, LOL

Let's be honest, stealing professor layton?
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#508 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

I'm just wondering what you guys think...is the plot of this game something that could make it hard for a Christian to enjoy it?

off topic, but I think you're the only other person besides me who misses Cartoon Orbit.

#509 hxcmusic

hxcmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, but Layton is OOS online and anywhere near LA. Would Walmart or Target PM this?

#510 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

off topic, but I think you're the only other person besides me who misses Cartoon Orbit.

If Orbit came back today, I'd so join. I have a binder dedicated to my old orbit account. A print out of my czone, and I actually took the time to print out every single one of my massive ctoon/cring/gtoon collection when I found out it was closing. I still remember how awesome it was when a friend from an Orbit forum hooked my up with my biggest Orbit want: Farmin Folks cring.

Good times.

Also, just left Best Buy. Picked up my order of both Pokemon games, and decided to grab Layton while I was there.