Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#511 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Darksiders 2 LE is $14.99 in store, same upc as the regular version. Going to return my vanilla copy once it comes in the mail.

#512 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, but Layton is OOS online and anywhere near LA. Would Walmart or Target PM this?

YMMV on both. Target has gotten better but I think their policy stipulates that the item must be in stock online. Since there is no physical ad for this sale (in order to PM the store) might be a problem there.

Never tried a PM at Walmart but from what I understand it is incredibly YMMV and hit or miss even if you have a physical ad in your hand.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#513 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I was able to PM Professor Layton at Target. Took them awhile to do it though.

#514 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I pm'd the Pokemon games at Target today with no problem. He brought the website up at the customer service desk to check the price at Best Buy.

#515 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

There were, I dunno, 4 or 5 Paper Marios left when I got to my store. They had a bunch of both versions of Pokemon, though.

2 or 3 Kid Icaruses (Icari?) but I didn't bother with those. Just picked up a PM and one of each Pokemon.

Thanks, OP.

#516 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thanks again OP. Picked up Professor Layton to keep my Layton collection complete (at least for now). Also picked up Pokemon White 2 & Pokemon Black 2 as I know Pokemon like Mario games rarely go on sale. For those on the fence, buy them now and think about it later, you have 30 days to return it IIRC. Was contemplating picking up DS2, PM:SS, and EM2 but looking back at there previous iterations, I have a feeling those three titles have a better chance of going on sale compared to the Pokemon games.
Posted Image

#517 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thanks OP. Ordered both Pokemon games, PM:SS, & Layton for home shipping. Here's hoping it works. XD

On the fence about EM2.

#518 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Am the only one ordering just one version of Pokemon?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#519 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Time to buy another DS so I can play pokemon too lol

#520 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

What the heck, my Best Buy cancelled my store pick up for Kid Icarus. So now I have to order it at a second store and pick it up at the opposite side of where I live. Best Buy always does this Fuck to me! I hate their website.

Edit: None of my local BBs have it in stock. Hmmm, that's odd.

#521 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

put in an order for darksiders II on ps3 for store pick up and actually got a limited edition copy. nice start to the weekend.

#522 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

In for Professor Layton, Mario, and Pokemon black/white 2. More for the backlog, fantastic. ;D

#523 Squashy

Squashy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Am the only one ordering just one version of Pokemon?

No, you're not the only one. I don't see the point in getting both versions.

#524 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Darksiders 2 LE is $14.99 in store, same upc as the regular version. Going to return my vanilla copy once it comes in the mail.

http://www.bestbuy.c...6&skuId=3905186
If you want to find the LE in store, It is $15, my store had 2 but I left 1 for someone else.

#525 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

more people submit to amazon for a PM please :D

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#526 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Time to buy another DS so I can play pokemon too lol

I had 3 Wii games before even owning a wiimote to play em XD (Got a Wii U)
But my haul is Pokemon White 2, Darksiders 2 LE, Skyward Sword W/ Music CD (thought that was an exclusive elsewhere?) and my store had 3 open box items, White Wiimote plus (had Silicon Sleeve :) ) White Nunchuk, and White Classic Controller Plus (figure someone returned a Wii U with all the fixin's as everything was flawless, unscratched, and fully charged) XD NOW I CAN PLAY MY COPY OF XENOBLADE!!!

#527 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

more people submit to amazon for a PM please :D

Done, but got the feeling that if Amazon wanted to PM these, they would've done it along with the other BB deals they already PM'd. Hope I'm wrong.

#528 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

If you want to find the LE in store, It is $15, my store had 2 but I left 1 for someone else.

so the price for this here is not what the in store price is?

and can anyone confirm if target will PM this? then I wouldn't have to go to 2 stores (have shit to return at target)

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#529 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

The inclusion of the music cd was only limited to first print copies.

#530 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Don't have a 3DS, but grabbed Kid Icarus and White 2, along with Black 2 for my brother, all for store pickup. Still undecided if I should skip the original B/W or not.

#531 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Picked up my order of Kid Icarus and Paper Mario as well as grabbing the last copy of Pokemon Black 2. Looked for Professor Layton but they were all gone. Then went over to Target, got an XL that came with a $25 gift card, applied the GC to Fire Emblem and got another $10 GC for reserving a game for $1 when I bought FE. Had been debating about an XL most of the week and these deals pushed me over the edge. :D

Only disappointing thing was having to get a red XL. The Target website listed the blues as in stock but they couldn't be found when I arrived at the store. Didn't feel like wasting time and gas driving to a different store so I just took a red one.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#532 ultracamp

ultracamp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

So.. is Mario a RPG then?

#533 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Nope. Should be FPS with perks and classes.

#534 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

I got White 2 and Style Savvy today and my friend got Black 2. Such a great sale!

Has anyone on here played the Crosswords game for 3DS? I like the effort they put into the Picross games in terms of content, so I'd imagine it would have a decent amount like those.

If you like crossword puzzles it's great. There's tons of content (4 difficulty settings, 200-300 puzzles for each, giant puzzles, weekly bonus puzzles from Nintendo, wordsearch and anagrams). I got it at launch for $30 since I loved the previous Crosswords game for the DS and it's definitely worth it. $15 is a steal!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#535 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Don't have a 3DS, but grabbed Kid Icarus and White 2, along with Black 2 for my brother, all for store pickup. Still undecided if I should skip the original B/W or not.

think the pokemons are just regular DS games
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#536 Magikarp830

Magikarp830

SPLASH had no effect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

When I went to BB today, the LE Darksiders 2 rang up as $49.99. Non-LE rings up as $15. FYI.

It's actually pretty... terrible. :-#
You collect stickers for every attack. No basic attacks - all sticker attacks. It gets really annoying collecting all those stickers just to do a few jump or hammer moves.
Special stickers? Yeah, a handful of them, but... the enemies aren't varied, bosses are kind of lame...

If you're a fan of the Paper Mario series, prepare yourself for some... disappointment.:cry:

You don't gain stats when you level (other than HP); all attacks are based on the stickers you find. So it's SORT OF an RPG... in the loosest sense of the word. More like an action game with light RPG elements, IMO. But slow, as you're managing sticker inventory and choosing stickers to attack.

#537 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

managed to pick up the last copy of paper mario, and also picked up darksiders 2 (ps3)
thanks OP :)

#538 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

My store had a few LE but rung up $49.99. Employee had me grab regular edition

#539 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

No, you're not the only one. I don't see the point in getting both versions.

Eh, for someone like me who literally hasn't played a Pokemon game since 1999, I have no problem with picking up both versions at that price, figuring out which one I like better, and trading/selling the other.

Wouldn't pick them both up at $30 or $35, but at $15 each, why not?

#540 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Picked up Pokemon White 2. Wanted to grab Paper Mario too, but they were all out. Will probably just grab it off of Amazon with my $20 promo credit from DS3.