Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#571 Raideen

Raideen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think it means Order Management System. Best Buy employees have access to it on registers and it lets them order items for customers directly from the warehouse. The ordered items can be shipped to your home or any Best buy store for pickup. The big advantage is buying stuff that is out of stock online/in-store or using Gamer coupons on games out of stock in-store. The warehouse might not have any inventory left for certain items, so it does not work all the time.

Thanks!

#572 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I think it means Order Management System. Best Buy employees have access to it on registers and it lets them order items for customers directly from the warehouse. The ordered items can be shipped to your home or any Best buy store for pickup. The big advantage is buying stuff that is out of stock online/in-store or using Gamer coupons on games out of stock in-store. The warehouse might not have any inventory left for certain items, so it does not work all the time.

Thanks for the info. From what you describe, it seems similar to a rain check. I'll give it a shot. Do I go to the games department to do this, or customer service?
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#573 ultracamp

ultracamp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Was going to get Kid Icarus.

Says free shipping but then I don't have the option to select it.

If I search for pickup, no one in my area has it in stock :(

#574 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the info. From what you describe, it seems similar to a rain check. I'll give it a shot. Do I go to the games department to do this, or customer service?

I think goes more in line with orders back in the day with Service Merchandise, JC Penny Catalog, Sears Catalog purchases made in-store. I would try to see if the game rep knows how do an OMS first, I'm guessing probably not as many employees don't know how to an OMS. You can try Customer Service or the Pickup counter also.

#575 deftoast

deftoast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Professor Layton and Kid Icarus both both showed up as UNAVAILABLE for in-store pickup online, but i went to the store anyway and they had 1 copy of each. ...Got'em both. THANKS OP!

#576 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

If you guys are PMing Paper Mario, Darksiders or Professor Layton at Target, make sure you buy a $1 reserve card with them to get your $10 gift card. I got $30 in gift cards yesterday doing this. I posted this yesterday and it seems to have fallen on "blind eyes", lol.

UyUhMmy.png

#577 Raideen

Raideen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

If you guys are PMing Paper Mario, Darksiders or Professor Layton at Target, make sure you buy a $1 reserve card with them to get your $10 gift card. I got $30 in gift cards yesterday doing this. I posted this yesterday and it seems to have fallen on "blind eyes", lol.

How would you price match at Target without a smartphone? (I don't have one) Is there a print ad for this Best Buy deal?

#578 Roukiske

Roukiske

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hey CAGs.

Well it took me 3 different targets to try to price match Miracle Mask at Target, but after a lot of patience I finally got it price matched. Then the manager who approved it left and I added in the pre-order card to get $10 back on a gift card. I guess you just have to get lucky with who you deal with as the young lady didn't question the gift card like others do with PMs. So that makes Miracle Mask $5! I was so hysterically happy I finally decided to pickup Zelda 3ds for $40 with another $10 gift card. In total with tax that was a little under $60 - $20 gift cards for them all, making it an effective 2 games for $40! I love you CAG!

Edited by Roukiske, 16 February 2013 - 08:06 PM.
Adding the fact that I PMed at target

#579 Roukiske

Roukiske

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

How would you price match at Target without a smartphone? (I don't have one) Is there a print ad for this Best Buy deal?

Just tell the person who gives you the game you want to price match the game online at best buy. They'll take you to guest services and they have an iPad app that checks the validity of your online price match. No smart phone required, but of course never hurts to have with you.

#580 Raideen

Raideen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just tell the person who gives you the game you want to price match the game online at best buy. They'll take you to guest services and they have an iPad app that checks the validity of your online price match. No smart phone required, but of course never hurts to have with you.

Great, thanks! I'll try that. I hope the Target near me has PL:MM!

#581 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

How come no one tries to price-match Walmart for these games?

#582 Roukiske

Roukiske

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have tried Walmart many times, but they are very strict. From my experience they want the physical ad and will not price match me for online items. Plus target has the $10 gift card chance if you can sneak a $1 preorder card with the purchase. After many attempts at price matching Walmart I can say I'm never going there again. They wasted my gas and time. Instead of price matching best buy for a 3DS XL they would refuse even though best buy is next door and I had the physical *online* ad. So I returned the 3DS I got from walmart after "tampering" with it to get it at best buy instead.

#583 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I presume telling them and directing them that it's not an online-only sale isn't a good enough excuse to win the match.

#584 Roukiske

Roukiske

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Unfortunately not. No physical ad no go. Even if the price is in-store (and I always request PMs very politely... maybe I should rage at them...). Perhaps others have had better luck, but for me I have had 0 :[

#585 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I tried price-matching at Walmart, but the limited edition was still listed as $49.99 on Best Buy's website and the local WM only had limited editions of Darksiders II in stock. According to the rep, the items needed to be identical in order to be price-matched.

My local Best Buy was also out of stock of both PS3 & 360 so ended up ordering a PS3 copy to ship to home with free standard shipping.

#586 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yeahhh.... Mine DEFINATELY is the limited and rang up at $15... Try again tomorrow? I went at 5:50PM EST. There shouldn't be any differentiation between the 2, it's just a first run copy really, also given as a free upgrade for preordering.

Tried to post an image with my receipt, but still new so no go.

I ran the SKU that was on my receipt on the BB website and it pulls up the vanilla version. Guess I got lucky.

#587 cheapc

cheapc

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Dang, what are the odds that the only two games I really really want are on sale for such outstanding prices? Grabbed Paper Mario (though I'll likely resell it later if it's as unfulfilling as it looks). Was gonna grab Pokemon Black 2 as well, but no stores in my area have it available. Dag. :(

Really wish Amazon would PM me some Pokeymans.

#588 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Walmart doesn't price match anything unless it's in a printed brick-and-mortar store ad.

So, uh, yeah. Good luck.

#589 MemoriesAbyss

MemoriesAbyss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Picked up Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword for myself and Pokémon Black 2 for a friend at my local Best Buy. The online checker said there were no Skyward Swords at my store, but I saw around 10. All of them were tagged at the discounted price except for Kid Icarus, but it rang up at the discounted price at the register.
Posted Image

#590 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Walmart doesn't price match anything unless it's in a printed brick-and-mortar store ad.

So, uh, yeah. Good luck.

They state in their price match policy that they don't require an ad but most employees just don't care and will try to fight any price match when it comes to electronics. I've only done it once when deus ex came out and TRU had it on sale for $35 just a few weeks after release and they just called up the store and confirmed the price and they didn't give me any hassle. I still only PM at BB because I also earn points.

#591 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Dang, just missed out on Skyward Sword. I got everything I wanted until I finally decided to get it, but then it was OOS. :(

#592 nillarilla

nillarilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

damn amazon....pricematch either pokemon or kid icarus already

#593 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Shot in the dark, but does anyone know how long this sale lasts for?

#594 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Well, Amazon had Pokemon Black 2 for $14.99 briefly yesterday. But I agree, I wish Amazon PM'ed for the entire duration of the sale.

#595 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Amazon doesn't price match if the game is sold out.

#596 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Almost grabbed Darksiders 2 then I remembered how much I hated it. I hate puzzles. :|

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#597 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

A bit bummed that Miracle Mask hasn't come back in stock for shipping. Might check another close store tomorrow if the deal's still on to see if they have 1 or 2 lying around even though the site says unavailable.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#598 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

lol look at this douche retard selling a whole lot of pokemon and darksiders. This is why you should get in on these deals sooner then later or you will miss out. http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316

#599 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

In for Layton. Thanks a ton!! They'll hold till 24th, as only available for store pick up in my case.

#600 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

lol look at this douche retard selling a whole lot of pokemon and darksiders. This is why you should get in on these deals sooner then later or you will miss out. http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316

I don't know what ticks me off more--the listing itself or the fact that there's one bid on it. :hot:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi