Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#631 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I forgot to pick up Prof Layton. How long will it be at this price?
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#632 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I am also curious to how long this is going to last.

501272.png

#633 l1quidswords

l1quidswords

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

I forgot to pick up Prof Layton. How long will it be at this price?

I'm wondering this as well. I hope sale is still live tomorrow afternoon. I decided I should have picked up Black 2/White 2. I regretted it right when I got home with Paper Mario. I should have just scooped up everything I was interested in.

#634 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

I'm wondering this as well. I hope sale is still live tomorrow afternoon. I decided I should have picked up Black 2/White 2. I regretted it right when I got home with Paper Mario. I should have just scooped up everything I was interested in.

you should of have, but it might be already too late because of people like this http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316

#635 l1quidswords

l1quidswords

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

you should of have, but it might be already too late because of people like this http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316

Aren't there usually limits on sale items? Like 3 per customer?

#636 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Aren't there usually limits on sale items? Like 3 per customer?

not if you go into the physical store, and buy it

#637 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

gonna try and price match at Target tomorrow
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#638 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

That gentleman clearly suffers from fail.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#639 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

If that eBay guy used Target to get these games, he would actually get a lot of money. Buy Black 2 for $15 + $1 preorder and get a $10 gift card. Use that gift card on Darksiders for $15 + $1 preorder and only pay $6 and get a $10 gift card. Use that gift card on Pokemon White 2 for $15 + $1 preorder and only pay $6 and get a $10 gift card. Rinse and repeat infinitely and you get dozens of games for about $100. Done like that, that guy could make a real killing.

#640 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

My local BB ran out of the regular copy Darksider II 360 so i said "Since I'm here let me see if I can do a price match on the Darksider II (w/ the hologram slipcover, bestbuy exclusive sticker on it) for $15" and it worked lol. Had to do an override though.
Lakers for Life!

#641 Kitzko

Kitzko

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

My BB ran out of Layton and Kid Icarus so I ran over to my local Target to get a PM. The lady who was PMing for me got hung up on the "trade it in" term above the sale price and asked another associate about what it meant. Said associate said to the other "oh, that just means you need to trade in a game to get that price".

...What?

TL;DR They wouldn't let me PM so I ran over to another retailer and got it. :/
To be honest, it kind of pissed me off.

#642 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Seriously who is going to buy so many copies of those games for $1000? The seller is a moron.

#643 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Seriously who is going to buy so many copies of those games for $1000? The seller is a moron.

Apparantly g***e is.

#644 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Apparantly g***e is.

lol, dumb Play n Trade owners... ;)

or just another online reseller

#645 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

My BB ran out of Layton and Kid Icarus so I ran over to my local Target to get a PM. The lady who was PMing for me got hung up on the "trade it in" term above the sale price and asked another associate about what it meant. Said associate said to the other "oh, that just means you need to trade in a game to get that price".

...What?

TL;DR They wouldn't let me PM so I ran over to another retailer and got it. :/
To be honest, it kind of pissed me off.

My Target did the same thing. Tried to tell me that the 14.99 was the trade in price, not the sale price. So i told her to add it to cart and see what the sale price was. when she saw it was $16.xx she PMed for me (my BB was sold out and its not available to ship, but can still be added to cart)

Also, the only copy they had was the preorder one with the stand and AR cards, its a different sku, which she tried to argue about, gut in the end, i got it.

#646 c.gibbits

c.gibbits

Back to the roots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Does this end tonight or what?

#647 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

the 18th.

#648 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

I just finished chaining a bunch of pricematches together at Target for this deal combined with the $10 GC. They let me do as many PMs as I wanted as long as they were different items (according to their policy you can only do one PM on a particular item per day).

Started with Epic Mickey 2 Wii for $11.99 + $1.00 preorder card -> $10 GC, applied that to the next pricematch purchase, Paper Mario Sticker Star $19.99 + $1.00 preorder card = $10.99 -> $10 GC

Used that on Darksiders 2 PS3 which was $5.99 after GC and $1 card, then Darksiders 2 X360 for the same $5.99 + GC (they wouldn't PM the LE versions to the $14.99 price, but since the LE versions and regular versions have the same UPC code it will be no problem to 'upgrade' these), then Professor Layton for the same $5.99 + GC, then Kid Icarus for the same $5.99 + GC, Skyward Sword for $10.99 + GC, and finished by using that GC for $19.99 PM'd RE6 bringing that to $9.99.

Borderlands 2 for $21 after GC was just a bit too much for me just to throw it on the backlog, especially since no doubt there will be some Complete Edition released in the near future. I'll get the Pokemon games tomorrow since it's no rush to either pick them up at the Best Buy or go next door to the Target for PM if they are sold out at BBY. I just wanted to make sure I got all the double dip games today.

These employees must be braindead or something and costing Target a lot of money. When they see people buying games that cost less than $10 after gc, but are getting $10 gift certificates in return, you would think they would catch on that something is glitched in the system, especially when they see the customer buying several games in succession. All the employee has to do is look at their own ad or the signs posted in the electronics section that say "buy 39.99 game + $1 preorder" and get $10 gift certificate. lol

If someone catches on, I can see Target fixing the glitch or adjusting their price match policy so people can't double dip like this.

#649 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I was able to get Paper Mario through in store pickup, but they didn't have Professor Layton available for in store pickup. So, I go to the store, and they have one copy of Layton left, and no copies of Paper Mario on the shelf. I got incredibly lucky, lol.

#650 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Picked up Paper Mario on Friday and am having fun with it. I've seen some people on this forum say the game is awful. I just don't get it. I've always liked the Paper Mario games and that's what this game is. Not sure what they were expecting unless this was their first Paper Mario game.

#651 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Picked up Paper Mario on Friday and am having fun with it. I've seen some people on this forum say the game is awful. I just don't get it. I've always liked the Paper Mario games and that's what this game is. Not sure what they were expecting unless this was their first Paper Mario game.

It's because there is no leveling system. Fights mean almost nothing now, whereas before paper mario was like any other RPG with leveling and stats and whatnot. Now it's just an RPG without the RP part.

#652 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Anyone know for how long these sales are for?

#653 l1quidswords

l1quidswords

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Anyone know for how long these sales are for?

I got a email this morning. Said all Presidents' Day sales are through Monday.

#654 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's because there is no leveling system. Fights mean almost nothing now, whereas before paper mario was like any other RPG with leveling and stats and whatnot. Now it's just an RPG without the RP part.

Role Playing = statistical increases through fighting now?

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#655 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

If that eBay guy used Target to get these games, he would actually get a lot of money. Buy Black 2 for $15 + $1 preorder and get a $10 gift card. Use that gift card on Darksiders for $15 + $1 preorder and only pay $6 and get a $10 gift card. Use that gift card on Pokemon White 2 for $15 + $1 preorder and only pay $6 and get a $10 gift card. Rinse and repeat infinitely and you get dozens of games for about $100. Done like that, that guy could make a real killing.

Pokemon wouldn't have worked as it's only $34.99 at Target. I was going to try that.

#656 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

lol look at this douche retard selling a whole lot of pokemon and darksiders. This is why you should get in on these deals sooner then later or you will miss out. http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316

probally just pissed cause he thought of it before most people on here could cause they would do the same thing

love for the item not to sell or never get paid for.. love to try to see this person try to return the games at the store
WOOOO I STINK

#657 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

well, there is a bid on it from a major seller on ebay. The auction is going to sell, but dont know how much he will make and it is now 66 games, not 56.

#658 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

well, there is a bid on it from a major seller on ebay. The auction is going to sell, but dont know how much he will make and it is now 66 games, not 56.

About $20.

If you look at his feedback history, I think at one point he begged for money.

No, slidecage, I would not want to do what he does.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#659 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

probably not much more as the title says 56 still and he cant change that...
doing the math if it sells now he is at a pretty decent loss before fees
after fees he better hope this thing bumps up a couple hundred

#660 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Except that Pokemon Black and White versions 2 wouldn't qualify for the gift card, as they are $34.99 in store. To qualify it would have to be $39.99 prior to the PM. I in fact tried it with those two just in case it would work, and neither of them with a $1 preorder card triggered the automatic "scan a giftcard" message.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif