Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#721 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

This doesn't really warrant its own thread but for all those OG 3DS owners you might be interested in the Power Grip to extend your battery life.

It's $9.99 at BB now

It seems to always be either out of stock or way over priced at Amazon and Newegg. This is the lowest I believe I've seen it. And this isn't the Power Pak+ which is always around this price (the one that replaces the battery)

#722 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

This doesn't really warrant its own thread but for all those OG 3DS owners you might be interested in the Power Grip to extend your battery life.

It's $9.99 at BB now

It seems to always be either out of stock or way over priced at Amazon and Newegg. This is the lowest I believe I've seen it. And this isn't the Power Pak+ which is always around this price (the one that replaces the battery)

I want something like that, but I have a case on my 3DS that keeps the top screen from wobbling and I don't think I can bring myself to give that up.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#723 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Picked up Paper Mario SS, Professor Layton, and Kid Icarus the other day, finally got around to trying the first two.

Wow, Paper Mario SS is awful -- guess I should have listened to the bad reviews. Hope I can get at least most of my money back trading it in, because I don't feel like wasting any more time on it.

As far as Layton goes -- I'm only about six puzzles in, but so far, they're really... dumb. I feel like this game might be entertaining if I was ten years old, but not so much now. Does it get better? This is my first Layton game, and so far, I don't understand all the hype these games get.

After those, I'm almost afraid to even try Kid Icarus...

#724 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

What makes Paper Mario so bad?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#725 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Picked up Paper Mario SS, Professor Layton, and Kid Icarus the other day, finally got around to trying the first two.

Wow, Paper Mario SS is awful -- guess I should have listened to the bad reviews. Hope I can get at least most of my money back trading it in, because I don't feel like wasting any more time on it.

As far as Layton goes -- I'm only about six puzzles in, but so far, they're really... dumb. I feel like this game might be entertaining if I was ten years old, but not so much now. Does it get better? This is my first Layton game, and so far, I don't understand all the hype these games get.

Kid Icarus is definitely the best out of the bunch. Despite the fact I had a REALLY hard time with the controls (It made me think of Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS), it truly was one of the best 3DS games I had played at the time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#726 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

did BB put Skyward Sword on sale as well? I was away during the weekend. Placed orders for Pokemon. Professor Layton was OOS. I'll check stores during the week

#727 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

What makes Paper Mario so bad?

It's just... boring. You run around, hit the A button to talk to Toads or peel stickers. If you get into "combat", it's just selecting stickers on the bottom screen to have Mario do an action. Stickers as far as I got in the game (other than the "special" sticker in what I guess counts as the first boss battle -- I won't go into more detail to avoid spoilers, but it's not much of a battle) consist of nothing but variations on boots or hammers, so it's always the same thing, and opponents (other than said boss) are always the same goombas (maybe more variety gets added later, but I've lost patience to wait for it). Oh, and there aren't, as far as I can tell, enough stickers to be found to actually get through all of the battles if you actually fight every goomba you run across. Maybe I just didn't manage my resources well early on or something, but by the point where it mattered, I just didn't care anymore. Really, the whole "sticker" thing sounds clever as an idea, but in implementation, it kind of sucks. Basically, after maybe about 45 minutes of play, I was bored with the game, frustrated with the combat system, and just didn't want to bother anymore.

Kid Icarus is definitely the best out of the bunch. Despite the fact I had a REALLY hard time with the controls (It made me think of Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS), it truly was one of the best 3DS games I had played at the time.

Yeah, it's the stuff that I've heard about the controls that worries me, but as a game, it looks like the one I'm most likely to enjoy. I'm just going to wait for tomorrow at this point because I don't even want to look at the 3DS right now after those other two games. :)

#728 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Layton is great trust me. I love the series but actually never beat any of the games without help on the puzzles as they do get hard, well for me.
I haven't beaten it yet due to my backlog but they are really fun and I really like the stories and animated cutscenes in them with great voice acting.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#729 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hate to break it to you guys, but today was the last day of the sale.

If you want one of the sale items you best set up an in-store pickup asap.

oIi9lub.png

#730 Mr. Universe

Mr. Universe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

had to get Darksiders II. Wasn't sure of Mario Sticker Star, but I needed another 3DS game anyways.

#731 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Look what we have here.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2661
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#732 zyk

zyk

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Look what we have here.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2661

I love how he put "clearing out the shop" in the description.

Feel kinda bad for him, the dude dropped over $1000 on games to flip and he'll probably barely make anything after the fees.

#733 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

he'll probably barely make anything after the fees.

Not sure why anyone uses eBay anymore, corporate greed has all but destroyed it's worth. Amazon might take a chunk but the money transfer is free, or there's always craigslist. Sure wish Yahoo auctions would have survived, it's about time for a competitor to eBay to come in and take over.

As for this guys auction, why sell them in a bundle like that, it'll never sale. Must be using it to brag or something.

125365.png

#734 htz

htz

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

As for this guys auction, why sell them in a bundle like that, it'll never sale. Must be using it to brag or something.

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

^He already sold one.

#735 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't think he sold it. I bet someone bid and didn't pay. It's the same one he "sold" before, he just updated it.

Someone just needs to message him and say

#736 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

^He already sold one.

I stand corrected. However final sale price was 1,225.00. 66*15 ($990) +8% sales tax roughly $80 = $1070. And that's not even factoring eBay and Paypal fees, he likely lost money which is probably why the buy it now is set to $1,650.00 which I don't think will sale.

125365.png

#737 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I stand corrected. However final sale price was 1,225.00. 66*15 ($990) +8% sales tax roughly $80 = $1070. And that's not even factoring eBay and Paypal fees, he likely lost money which is probably why the buy it now is set to $1,650.00 which I don't think will sale.

I just did the math also and if he's going to clear out a best buy just remember eBay takes 3% of the final selling price and a higher listing fee since he has a buy it now feature. Not worth the trouble of trying to flip a profit with the shipping cost and then you lose some money with the Paypal transfer to your account.

It's a shame people hoard up all the copies for others who want just one or two

#738 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I just did the math also and if he's going to clear out a best buy just remember eBay takes 3% of the final selling price and a higher listing fee since he has a buy it now feature. Not worth the trouble of trying to flip a profit with the shipping cost and then you lose some money with the Paypal transfer to your account.

It's a shame people hoard up all the copies for others who want just one or two

guessing you dont sell on ebay often... for Buy it Now it's $.50 insertion and on video games they take 13% for final value fee. Then on top of that paypal gets 2.9% plus $.30

#739 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

^ I was about to say that. One only wishes ebay took 3% in fees. They wouldn't be in business at that low of margin. (and since ebay owns paypal, all the fees are theirs for the taking)

#740 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

guessing you dont sell on ebay often... for Buy it Now it's $.50 insertion and on video games they take 13% for final value fee. Then on top of that paypal gets 2.9% plus $.30

isn't FVF 9%?

also looks like all the prices are back to 'normal' ;[
and pokemon white 2 is magically back in stock everywhere. sigh. -____-

#741 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

I can see why some people got bored with Paper Mario but I'm still having fun 3 hours in. Made it to the end of the first world. The timing aspect of the combat keeps it interesting enough. After starting out slowly, I'm drowning in coins. Not sure there will ever be a way to spend them all. I'm mostly using them to practice the slot machine minigame to earn more sticker slots in battle.

We'll see if I'm still interested 10 hours or more in, but my expectations were sufficiently low going in to get my $20 worth of enjoyment.

Gave Kid Icarus a quick try. The controls weren 't as godawful as I was expecting, although they're going to take some getting used to. I ended up getting Pokemon White 2 from Amazon for $10 (using a $5 promo credit I got from Facebook a few weeks back). That should arrive today. In all, a good haul.

#742 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Got the 3DS and DS games from Best Buy. Had to have one picked up near my friend, Kid Icarus since they didn't have any near me. And picked up Paper Mario on Amazon since BB sold out.

Funny when I went into Best Buy to pick up Layton and Pokemon Black 2, i wanted to get a Pokemon White to for my friend and they were sold out of all the games that were on sale except Darksiders 2. But then found a White 2 that someone stashed behind the a Style Savvy game. Pays to check other games.
Can't wait to try them out.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#743 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well now I'm disappointed I didn't just pick up my 3DS games in-store. Usually I've had no problems ordering stuff from Best Buy's website. But this time around I ordered Paper Mario and Pokemon White 2 on the 15th, and the estimated arrival date is the 25th. So much for 3-5 day shipping. :(

#744 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Thanks OP. I picked up Paper Mario and Pokemon Black 2, haven't played a pokemon since red/blue version. I'm 6 hours into the game and really enjoying it so far.. so much has changed, lol. I don't even have a 3DS yet I just knew I'm getting one shortly so grabbed paper mario for cheap while I could. I've never played a paper mario so maybe I won't be as disappointed with it as many others seem to be.

#745 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't know what ticks me off more--the listing itself or the fact that there's one bid on it. :hot:

Good luck to that idiot trying to sell 66 copies of the games that are on sale!

#746 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

ebay actually takes 13% (or 11%?) of BIN up to $50 than 5% (varies depending on category) on the rest.

either way this guy is a fucking idiot. only another reseller would buy that much on ebay and none will as they all know the value.

#747 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

isn't FVF 9%?

also looks like all the prices are back to 'normal' ;[
and pokemon white 2 is magically back in stock everywhere. sigh. -____-

Fvf is 13% for video game catagory for BIN listings

#748 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

^ I was about to say that. One only wishes ebay took 3% in fees. They wouldn't be in business at that low of margin. (and since ebay owns paypal, all the fees are theirs for the taking)

I think eBay could stay in business if they only took 1% of every transaction. And if it were that low, people wouldn't have moved on to amazon. craigslist, etc, and prices would be lower since people wouldn't be adding fee's to the final value price which would mean a ton more sales and traffic. I don't know how they justify 13% on video games, then you have paypals percentage, shipping, I just don't get why anyone would sell video games on eBay. Amazon is way better, easy to list, and free money transfer, though you have to wait 14 days for it.

125365.png

#749 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I put in an order late last night (like 11:45 est) and woke up to my order confirmation and item being ready for pickup email.

So I went to the store today to get my items. Epic Mickey 2 (wii) and Bulletstorm (for 360). I had a giftcard and dind't realize how much was on it...only cost me $0.32 out of pocket for both so a real nice surprise.

I do have a question though:
The Bulletstorm I was given clearly says Epic Edition on the case and upc sale sticker. But the disc inside just says Bulletstorm...same for the game manual. Nothing else was inside the case. On the back of the case it says something about extra content.

Just wanting to know if I was given a free "upgrade" on my item or if I actually have a vanilla copy of the game and not the Epic Edition? I'm certainly not going to return the item just curious.

#750 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Well this is only related to my previous postings but I was able to get Fire Emblem today, shrink wrapped from Gamestop :hot:. It was one of the only two copies in town (and nearby towns) and the only one of the two from GS that was still sealed.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here