Photo
- - - - -

Mario SS $19.99, Layton MM, Kid Icarus, Darksiders 2 $14.99, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $11.99

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#211 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

So for someone who has literally NEVER played a Pokemon game in my entire life, is it overkill to get both games? Are they really the same except for one Pokemon?

Yes they are same game, except for the version exclusive pokemon.
http://bulbapedia.bu...ve_Pok.C3.A9mon

#212 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Holy Shit. Mario SS, Icarus, Layton, and Pokemon White and Black for $80.

Mario and Icarus for me, Layton for the wife (she just asked for it last night!), and a pokemon for each kid. Killer.

Thanks dudes.
Posted Image

#213 bdmx13

bdmx13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Picked up Paper Mario. Used a $5 reward zone coupon and got it for $16.11 shipped,

#214 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Got Mario:SS, Layton, and Black 2. Thanks!
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#215 Shabow

Shabow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

So for someone who has literally NEVER played a Pokemon game in my entire life, is it overkill to get both games? Are they really the same except for one Pokemon?

You just need one copy of the game unless you're serious about getting ALL of the Pokemon, which most people aren't. If this is your first Pokemon game you're in for a real treat. This is one of the best series around and with Pokemon X/Y coming out soon it will be a nice introduction to the series.

#216 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

got paper mario:SS good deal

joaryche.png

#217 skatz83

skatz83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Picked up Layton. It was the only thing I wanted that I didn't already have. Thanks OP.

333987.png

sig.gif

#218 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Nice, now I can get Kid Icarus
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#219 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for all the Pokemon advice. Think I'll go Black.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#220 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Will these prices work with my b2g1 @gamers welcome packet ccoupon (expires 2/28)in store? I have a 35 dollar cert I want to use.

#221 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Buy both, and give one away to your sibling or your best gaming friend. Being able to play Pokemon at the same time as a buddy is an awesome gaming experience. Trading and battling your buddies is the best.

#222 Vegastar

Vegastar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Ringing up at web prices in store. In and out with Pokemon and ki easy

#223 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Buy both, and give one away to your sibling or your best gaming friend. Being able to play Pokemon at the same time as a buddy is an awesome gaming experience. Trading and battling your buddies is the best.

My son is almost six and I know he's still a year or so I way due to all the reading involved (or am I wrong on that?), so I did think about if from that perspective and that having both could be good for his benefit when he gets older.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#224 DaSH Alpha

DaSH Alpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

In for PMSS (glad I didn't get it on Amazon yesterday for $30), EM2 (loved the first), and PLMM (would get eventually anyway, still on the last one). Thanks OP!

#225 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

HEADS UP FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ORDERED AND MAY HAVE FORGOT

if you ordered the cheap psp games back before xmas and still have those 10 off coupons These could be a very good deal
WOOOO I STINK

#226 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for posting, I got PM+PL+KI for in-store pick up! I'm building up a library of 3DS games faster than I expected! :D

#227 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for all the Pokemon advice. Think I'll go Black.

Be careful. I've heard that once you go black you don't go back.

#228 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Never played a Pokemon game, but been interested in trying one. $15 for one is a good place to start, since Pokemon games rarely go down in price in the first year.

#229 Acragas

Acragas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Darksiders II is back in stock, available for shipping and store pickup. 360 & PS3 versions. Sale prices plus reward certs means I picked up the entire franchise for $10 out of pocket.

Thanks THQ ... oh really, bankrupt? I wonder how that happened ...

#230 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thank god DS2 came back in stock. I would have been catatonic if I had missed it at that price, I've been waiting for it forever. Amazing find Bardockkun!

Edited by tylerh1701, 15 February 2013 - 03:23 PM.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#231 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Darksiders II is back in stock, available for shipping and store pickup. 360 & PS3 versions. Sale prices plus reward certs means I picked up the entire franchise for $10 out of pocket.

Thanks THQ ... oh really, bankrupt? I wonder how that happened ...

Gotta love CAG.

Prices too high? Fuck You Publisher!

Prices too low? Hah - Hah, you priced your games too low and now you're bankrupt!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#232 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Ended up picking up Paper Mario: SS, Professor Layton, and Pokemon Black 2 for store pickup.

Thanks for posting.

#233 PaulDE01

PaulDE01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

FYI...Christana, DE Best Buy has 2 Professor Layton and 4 Mario SS left after I picked up one of each this morning

#234 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Gotta love CAG.

Prices too high? Fuck You Publisher!

Prices too low? Hah - Hah, you priced your games too low and now you're bankrupt!

Price just right - got a backlog, will wait for $10. :)

Just ordered Professor Layton and PKM Black for in-store pickup, glad they came back.

Edited by benjamouth, 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#235 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I was waiting for these to come back in stock for shipping, and they just did! Got Pokemon and Layton for $32! Thanks!

#236 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Paper Mario and Kid Icarus are now waiting for me to pick them up. Thanks OP!

Next month I'll use a TRU GC from Christmas to get Luigi's Mansion for $10, register it (so glad I was too lazy to register my 3DS XL when I got it) and get Layton for free. So great...

#237 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Nice find. Will be snagging sone of these later

#238 ssj3pikachu

ssj3pikachu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

anyone who shipped to home get a confirmation yet? I ordered DS2 :360: around 5:30 a.m. CST, but it's still being proccessed.

I thought Best Buy takes a day or two to confirm, but I might be wrong.

only asking since I'll probably go ahead and pick up the first game if I'm actually getting the second.

#239 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

And so is Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 for $15

Oh my fucking goodness. Did somebody piss the pricing guy off or something? There is NO way that should be right. Still, I couldn't resist picking up Black 2 for $15. And I literally JUST started White 2 less than a week ago. :cry:

I'm still pondering Paper Mario and Darksiders 2. I doubt I'll see them this cheap any time soon after this. But really, guys, if you are even VAGUELY interested in Pokemon, jump on this shit now. I doubt they'll ever be that cheap again.

#240 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I have had a $5 certificate burning a hole in my pocket for the last month, so I'm in for Super Mario Sticker Star.

Snagged Paper Mario. Trying not to cave on Kid Icarus just yet.

Man, you are making a big mistake. I'll admit the controls in Kid Icarus Uprising too a little getting used to for the land portion, but they aren't as abhorant as the internet makes them out to be. I was well adjusted after a few levels, and I never once needed to use the stand at all (I was playing on a standard 3DS). Really the controls only bugged me when I'd try to get in some serious online play going, but between how customizable they are, and the fact that everyone is in the same boat, I can let it slide and just chalk up my losses to the fact that I haven't put in more than 3 or 4 hours in the online mode yet. The story mode has some legitimate surprises if you haven't been spoiled, and it was actually funny (games rarely make me lol, especially when it's not M rated humor, but damn this game was hilarious on the 1st playthrough).

Seriously though, Kid Icarus Uprising is beyond any doubt the best game I've played on the 3DS. Better than OoT 3D. Better than Super Mario 3D Land. It's genuinly funny, the gameplay is fantastic, loved the story, and the card collection BS that prevented me from paying full price in this game isn't even visible unless you actually look for it, that's how packed full of content this game is. Considering that Nintendo is starting to embrace the scourge that is DLC (and in all the wrong ways, day 1 DLC, cut story content, overpriced maps, ect), I think it's more important than ever to support complete games like this, especially when so many fanboys are actually HAPPY at the prospect of paying $2.50 for a 10 minute map with important character/story content. Even if you don't feel the same, it's easy to justify the full $40 for this title (something I VERY rarely say about games), let alone the $15.

So yeah, I can't recommend this game highly enough. It's got a couple minor flaws that keep it from reaching the heights of Arkham, Bioshocks, or Metroid Primes, but it's still the best game on 3DS, and I'd still even go as far as to say one of the best games I've ever played. I only wish I'd played Kid Icarus back in the day so I could have enjoyed the nostalgia factor too :cry:.

Will these prices work with my b2g1 @gamers welcome packet ccoupon (expires 2/28)in store? I have a 35 dollar cert I want to use.

They should, but do you REALLY want to waste a B2G1 coupon on titles this cheap? I mean if you have nothing else you are interested in and it's a week or two from expiring go for it, it just seems like a waste to me.

Oh my fucking goodness. Did somebody piss the pricing guy off or something? There is NO way that should be right. Still, I couldn't resist picking up Black 2 for $15. And I literally JUST started White 2 less than a week ago. :cry:

I'm still pondering Paper Mario and Darksiders 2. I doubt I'll see them this cheap any time soon after this. But really, guys, if you are even VAGUELY interested in Pokemon, jump on this shit now. I doubt they'll ever be that cheap again.

I haven't touched pokemon since Soulsilver when I couldn't even bring myself to get past the 3rd gym leader, and Platinum which I beat but never bothered to do the end game content. I am so tired of Pokemon, and even I am tempted to jump in at this price. The only thing stopping me is the knowledge that it's a direct sequel and that I never played Black/White 1, and the knowledge that my current backlog will take me over a year easily (before counting all the indie bundles I've bought) even if I didn't buy another single game.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!