Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#271 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

can someone upload a picture of what the LE that goes for 15 looks like? i just went to the store and it rang up at 50. i don't know what i need to look for...
edit: and is there also a different SKU for it?

#272 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

can someone upload a picture of what the LE that goes for 15 looks like? i just went to the store and it rang up at 50. i don't know what i need to look for...
edit: and is there also a different SKU for it?

The LE that is selling for $15 does NOT have a Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it.
It's the LE that was available at all retailers at launch, it also does not have a slip cover on it, just a holographic game label

And the SKUs are different

#273 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Saw a shit ton in store, picked it up for 15! :D
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#274 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

The LE that is selling for $15 does NOT have a Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it.
It's the LE that was available at all retailers at launch, it also does not have a slip cover on it, just a holographic game label

And the SKUs are different

so...is this what I'm looking for?
http://www.bestbuy.c...rs ii&lp=3&cp=1

#275 zyk

zyk

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

so...is this what I'm looking for?
http://www.bestbuy.c...rs ii&lp=3&cp=1

That's probably the online listing for their exclusive LE. But it pretty much looks like that in the picture. As long as their no slip cover and BB sticker like Wolfman said it'll ring up $14.99

#276 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Does PS3 have a LE?

#277 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

The Tomb DLC code expires on 8/21/13. You have to enter it at the website, then they will post your Xbox Live redemption code. Remember to enter the dash, or it won't work!

Thanks for posting this! Also, there was a pair of what I thought were zeroes (00) in my code, but when I tried to redeem the code on darksiders.com/tomb it said it was invalid. I changed them to the letter O (OO) and the code worked. :) So, if someone tries their code and it doesn't work, try replacing any zeroes you are using with O's.

I went ahead and redeemed the code for Argul's Tomb and the Crucible Pass, better to do it now while I'm thinking about it, I figured. I loved the first Darksiders, so I'm honestly pretty psyched about getting the second game at such a low price.

Also, mine was not the "Best Buy LE" (which I've never seen, I guess if my store had any they only received a few) but the "regular LE".

#278 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Finally a "limited" edition that's actually limited

#279 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

That's probably the online listing for their exclusive LE. But it pretty much looks like that in the picture. As long as their no slip cover and BB sticker like Wolfman said it'll ring up $14.99

lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?

#280 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?

you might as well save your money on gas. Unless you can get a manager to override the $50 price. You will not be getting it for the $14.99

#281 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Saw a shit ton in store, picked it up for 15! :D

Damn you are lucky. My store has been cleaned out of Kid Icarus and Darksiders 2 for both systems since yesterday at noon. THats because they had tons of each when I went on Wednesday for some trade ins. Never had a problem getting a deal but I think this time a hoarder beat me to them. Luckily I picked up DS2 on bestbuy.com but Icarus was already sold out.

512847.png

#282 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Damn you are lucky. My store has been cleaned out of Kid Icarus and Darksiders 2 for both systems since yesterday at noon. THats because they had tons of each when I went on Wednesday for some trade ins. Never had a problem getting a deal but I think this time a hoarder beat me to them. Luckily I picked up DS2 on bestbuy.com but Icarus was already sold out.

Mine had at least 30 copies. LE and not. and they even had a price sticker in front saying 14.99! :D
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#283 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Also, there was a pair of what I thought were zeroes (00) in my code, but when I tried to redeem the code on darksiders.com/tomb it said it was invalid. I changed them to the letter O (OO) and the code worked. :) So, if someone tries their code and it doesn't work, try replacing any zeroes you are using with O's.

THANK YOU! I just got done inputting my code, and it was giving me an error. This was the problem.
Posted Image

#284 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It doesn't add achievements, none of the DLC does (which the cheapass achievement hunter in me is happy about). Story I can't say. I wonder if the ones at my local store were "hidden" too, because they didn't have them when I went on my lunch break yesterday, but it said it was available for pickup right away at the store when I ordered it online (though with free shipping, I figured I'd save myself a trip).
Posted Image

#285 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

is this him http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316 LOL

#286 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

you might as well save your money on gas. Unless you can get a manager to override the $50 price. You will not be getting it for the $14.99

uhh...aren't people saying that there are 2 LEs and only the BBY LE rings up for 50 while the other one rings up as 15?

#287 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Seriously people! Why the same questions over and over again?
Here is the answer to the two questions that keep getting asked:

1- If you want to get the game for $15 you have to get the Vanilla version or the LE that DOES NOT have "BESTBUY Exclusive" On it.
2- The developer and publisher went out of business. You may find this cheaper down the road, but it's unlikely and the game may even go out of print and become scarce.

Now ask some new questions.

^good post, so here it is again:

1- If you want to get the game for $15 you have to get the Vanilla version or the LE that DOES NOT have "BESTBUY Exclusive" On it.
2- The developer and publisher went out of business. You may find this cheaper down the road, but it's unlikely and the game may even go out of print and become scarce.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#288 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

the problem might be once bestbuy is sold out of stock of darksiders 2, they might not restock it like with kingdom of amalur awakening

#289 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

the problem might be once bestbuy is sold out of stock of darksiders 2, they might not restock it like with kingdom of amalur awakening

this is exactly what ive been telling people since this sale started. just buy it now period as its not going to get cheaper than this anyway
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#290 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

this is exactly what ive been telling people since this sale started. just buy it now period as its not going to get cheaper than this anyway

unfortunately, we are on "cheapass" gamer. Alot of ppl still think it would drop lower than $15, before bestbuy is sold out. This just confirmed my fear http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316.

#291 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Got the 360 LE (regular, not BB) and PS3 Vanilla for $15 each. Great deal for this game.

#292 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

I don't even own the first one yet (been waiting for it to come back in stock for $5 used at BB, don't think it's ever going to happen though), but I went ahead and order one. You guys scared me into buying it with the whole 'once they're gone, there're gone' thing.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#293 twiztid lestat

twiztid lestat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

I purchased mine online at this price :)

#294 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

im playing darksiders 2 and omg its like a badass version of zelda with elements of prince of persia, Fuck this game is awsome !!!!!!! how could nobody be interested in picking up vigil studios ? they are talented game designers and know how to make a game without technical problems. i wish sony or ubisoft would gather up the vigil studio emplyees and take them in. such talent shouldnt be wasted
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#295 htz

htz

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

unfortunately, we are on "cheapass" gamer. Alot of ppl still think it would drop lower than $15, before bestbuy is sold out. This just confirmed my fear http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316.

:shock:

#296 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

is this a joke ? this must be a phycho slick dealer who did that smh. before taxes he spent 840$ on all of that. hes prob not going to profit as much as hes hoping he will and thats before the ebay fees
Currently playing

690739.png

#297 boris1

boris1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

this game is kinda boring darksiders 1 was way better

#298 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Adding this to my watch list so I can see the outcome. 66 x 15 = $990.
The tax, fees and shipping may take some fees from him, but I'm sure he earned some nice reward points as well.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#299 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I can't believe somebody actually bid on it.

#300 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

I can't believe somebody actually bid on it.

likely a sock account.