Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#361 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Got a :ps3: regular edition. I am going to sue BestBuy. And destroy everybody who got the LE. Then demand for 1 miiiiiiiiiillion dollars *pinky to lip*.

LOL!!! :lol: Too funny...

I got the standard edition as well, plus it was reshrink-wrapped.

did anyone else's come in shady looking shrinkwrap? Mine looks different than my other ps3 games.

Mine too.

Did it come in the stretchy type of Reynolds plastic wrap? Not the manufacturer's wrap with the Y-folds on the top and bottom of the case?

That sucks...I got the regular version, but it at least came with the Y-folds. Most games that are new come with Y-folds...the other version usually means it was used and re-sealed. Just take it back to a local BB that has some in stock still.

#362 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I've had multiple PS3 games come in non-folded shrink-wrap in the past. I got this game for Xbox (on which every new game I've bought has had folds in the wrap) so I can't remark about this case in particular. But I wouldn't wouldn't worry near as much if it happened to me on a PS3 game since it's happened in the past

#363 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I able to get Target Price match for 360 LE version + pre-order $1 card and get Free $10 GC & extra 5% off ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#364 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Still waiting....
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#365 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

did anyone else's come in shady looking shrinkwrap? Mine looks different than my other ps3 games.

one of the 360 preorders I had was like that. I believe it was a packaging error that was suppose to be the BestBuy exclusive version as it had the comic (not sure about BB dlc) and no venticular slipcover. if you check the back of the case, there should be a sticker barcode which is the UPC for the "Limited Edition" ie BestBuy version. All first print LEs (non BestBuy exclusive) have the same UPC as non LE verions of the game.

#366 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Both games showed today and both are LE

me teh lucky
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#367 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Both games showed today and both are LE

me teh lucky

Great score! I got one 360 LE (non-BB), and one PS3 regular, both in store. Great price for this game!

#368 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Picked mine up today. Got the LImited Edition, yay!!

#369 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Fuck how are people still getting LE after I got mine shipped to me Wed and it was a no Y-fold packaging deal

#370 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Picked mine up today. Got the LImited Edition, yay!!

My PS3 version arrived yesterday, and it was the LE as well! Cool beans.

#371 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

It's because it has an extra cover/insert. When you take off the shrink wrap, there is a cover insert with English and another language wrapped around the case, take that off and you have the actual sealed game with the regular plastic wrapping and a plain English cover

just saw this, you are right - it was sealed twice

#372 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

If the game packaging wasn't so goddamn confusing maybe the company wouldn't have gone out of business.

#373 Donken

Donken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

If the game packaging wasn't so goddamn confusing maybe the company wouldn't have gone out of business.

Lawl :applause:

"Well we could have stayed in business but we had to buy so many of these damned shrink wrapping machines"

#374 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

bought one at a physical store today because they forgot to take out the sale sign. too bad it's the regular edition though :(

#375 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

just saw this, you are right - it was sealed twice

Yeah, looks the same on mine. Probably gonna give mine to a buddy so I did not open it.

P.S. I doubt the DLC is anything to worry about. The armor and weapons become useless as you eventually get far better ones.

#376 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

"Well we could have stayed in business but we had to buy so many of these damned shrink wrapping machines"

Now you ain't gonna see no Darksiders 3 Limited Edition. Or Regular Edition.

#377 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

that last part made me laugh

#378 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Any of the DLC actually worth buying? I figure I'll pick it up if it goes on sale on XBL.

#379 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

What is the difference between LE and the BB LE? Sorry if it's been asked before. I just don't feel like scrolling through all the pages.

I got the BB LE and it wasn't wrapped like the other games I buy.

#380 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

What is the difference between LE and the BB LE? Sorry if it's been asked before. I just don't feel like scrolling through all the pages.

I got the BB LE and it wasn't wrapped like the other games I buy.

I need this answered as well. If the contents of the LE represent something significant in the game, I'll seek out an LE copy, but if it's just an armor or something that provides an early stat boost but becomes irrelevant later (Like Fallout: NV preorder bonuses) then I won't bother.

#381 dickybeans

dickybeans

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I need this answered as well. If the contents of the LE represent something significant in the game, I'll seek out an LE copy, but if it's just an armor or something that provides an early stat boost but becomes irrelevant later (Like Fallout: NV preorder bonuses) then I won't bother.

PS3 version (assuming 360 is same) is Argul's Tomb, which is a "whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience".

Definitely more than just armor or and early stat boost.

#382 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

PS3 version (assuming 360 is same) is Argul's Tomb, which is a "whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience".

Definitely more than just armor or and early stat boost.

Thanks. I had a 20% off used coupon for GS and was just going to nab a used copy since this BB sale is over, but since the limited content sounds significant, I'll go ahead and look for an LE copy when I can find one on the cheap.

#383 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks. I had a 20% off used coupon for GS and was just going to nab a used copy since this BB sale is over, but since the limited content sounds significant, I'll go ahead and look for an LE copy when I can find one on the cheap.

The non-BB exclusive LE (basically all first run copies of the game) included Argul's Tomb. Argul's Tomb wasn't a BB exclusive (it is also included in the BB version, though). The Best Buy exclusive adds the Angel of Death pack DLC, which, IMO, isn't really a big deal. It's exactly what you mentioned earlier - an early stat boost.

The Best Buy exclusive also includes a mini comic book (included full size in the Darksider II graphic novel) and a lenticular slip cover (which is the coolest part of the BB exclusive).

#384 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

The non-BB exclusive LE (basically all first run copies of the game) included Argul's Tomb. Argul's Tomb wasn't a BB exclusive (it is also included in the BB version, though). The Best Buy exclusive adds the Angel of Death pack DLC, which, IMO, isn't really a big deal. It's exactly what you mentioned earlier - an early stat boost.

The Best Buy exclusive also includes a mini comic book (included full size in the Darksider II graphic novel) and a lenticular slip cover (which is the coolest part of the BB exclusive).

Awesome, thanks for the info

#385 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

nvm

Edited by scottman, 24 February 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#386 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Wow took more than 1 week...but finally got it. Limited Edition too.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#387 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Got mine today.... it was the vanilla one but whatever... I just wanna play it. Congrats to the CAG's who lucked into LE's though!

cagsig30zt.jpg
"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know how much God hates that." - Ol' Drippy

$1 X-Box One!  Join the referral conga line!

$1 PS4!  Join the referral conga line!

#388 asif105878

asif105878

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Mine is vanilla too :(

I got the standard edition as well, plus it was reshrink-wrapped.

How do I find out if its re-wrapped?

#389 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Mine is vanilla too :(

How do I find out if its re-wrapped?

If it's not a Y fold then it might be rewrapped.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#390 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Did anybody open there's and get a second copy of the Artwork and Manuel it was so funny and weird non LE thou