Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#121 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wasn't there a @Gamer coupon for Darksiders II? Maybe can apply to it for more savings?

#122 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

^No.

Anyone have any thoughts on the DLC? Good or bad?

Don't know anything about the DLC besides that they didn't include trophies/achievements, which is kinda lame.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#123 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just got back from BB. Picked up the ps3 version. Thanks OP.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#124 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

My nearest BB is 30 min. away; wanted the LE and was able to PM at my local Wal-Mart with no problem. However, the discount is such that a manager is required to override, so the whole process took a bit of time. (Of course, buying any game at WM usually takes a bit of time, regardless!)

#125 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks OP! I ordered one.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#126 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Was going to grab it last week with my $20 in RZ certs but decided to grab a $20 PSN card instead. Not headed near my Best Buy today but will probably swing by it after work tomorrow to grab a copy. $15 ain't too shabby.

#127 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

got my copy. it happened to be the LE as well

#128 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

There are maybe 10+ new copies at the Union City Bestbuy but none are LE. But there are 2 used copies that are LE. Damn

#129 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

^No.

Don't know anything about the DLC besides that they didn't include trophies/achievements, which is kinda lame.

That's... rather odd. I mean it wouldn't stop me for buying them if they're good, but I don't recall a game that had trophies that didn't have any for a single-player add-on.

laboy229.png

#130 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Does a in store store-pick up require a credit card? I wanna buy this with my paypal money.

#131 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Does a in store store-pick up require a credit card? I wanna buy this with my paypal money.

I'm pretty sure it does, every time I've used in-store pickup I've had to show the credit card used for the purchase.

laboy229.png

#132 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

That's... rather odd. I mean it wouldn't stop me for buying them if they're good, but I don't recall a game that had trophies that didn't have any for a single-player add-on.

I obviously have not played them but I've heard they aren't very good. Some of them are just weapons/armor, but I've heard the actual story DLCs are short, boring, and glitchy.

#133 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm pretty sure it does, every time I've used in-store pickup I've had to show the credit card used for the purchase.

Darn, ok thanks.

#134 Darkfire

Darkfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Those of you that are getting the LE's do you just take it up front and it rings up as 14.99 or is there some hassle? I ordered online but the BB near me had a ton of LE's left last time I was there a few weeks ago. I'd be willing to cancel my online order if I have a chance at snagging the LE at this price but something tells me it won't be so easy. Here is so cal nothing is ever that easy when it comes to VG purchasing.

#135 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I used paypal. Shouldnt be a problem. Just make sure and bring your ID.

#136 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Oh I just called BB and they said theyre honoring the website price. No need to order it then.

#137 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

The launch Limited Edition with the same UPC/SKU as vanilla copies, yes. For the BB exclusive Limited Edition with the lenticular slipcover, no. That one has a different UPC/SKU and will ring up at $50.

i am confused by what you said, the only limited edition i found at my bestbuy was the one with angel of death dlc on the outside cover

#138 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Those of you that are getting the LE's do you just take it up front and it rings up as 14.99 or is there some hassle? I ordered online but the BB near me had a ton of LE's left last time I was there a few weeks ago. I'd be willing to cancel my online order if I have a chance at snagging the LE at this price but something tells me it won't be so easy. Here is so cal nothing is ever that easy when it comes to VG purchasing.

The barcode on the LE is the same as the vanilla and will therefore ring up at the sale price.

#139 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

So what does the LE look like (not the BB exclusive). Going to go back and see if I can get the LE. I think the BB exclusive has a sticker on it that says BB exclusive, correct?

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#140 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Whoa never seen that. You must return a ton of shit.

with sales going on i have been very compulsive and never worried about it since as long as it was new sealed, never got a warning about "excessive returns".

i was able to maintain a silver so i have bought atleast $2000 in the last year, perhaps $3500 but with a $1000 return average - probably a 30% return rate on items...

apparently their 3rd party data people did not like that.

#141 GrafixGuerilla

GrafixGuerilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

The barcode on the LE is the same as the vanilla and will therefore ring up at the sale price.

I ran into this confusion while picking up a copy. The LE versions that the BestBuy closest to my work had were the BB Exclusive LE versions. They sent me to a BB a few miles down the road in Allen Park, MI. They had vanilla and non-BB Limited Ed. versions. Both $14.99.

The non-BestBuy Exclusive LE version is printed on metallic paper.

#142 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I obviously have not played them but I've heard they aren't very good. Some of them are just weapons/armor, but I've heard the actual story DLCs are short, boring, and glitchy.

Thanks, what I've read all seems to say the same thing. Tons of glitches and can be completed in like 45 minutes, with weak story. May just play the main game and be done with it.

laboy229.png

#143 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes to mind.

#144 enigma

enigma

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Could someone post the SKU for the non-BB Limited Edition?

(What's the difference between the two LEs? I'm getting the impression the non-BB is the better?)

#145 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I believe this is how it goes

Vanilla/no "limited edition" printed in the cover - Its part of a second batch of Darksiders 2 -NO DLC ($15)

Limited Edition/Not Exclusive - It has "limited edition" printed in the cover - Argul's Tomb DLC($15)

Limited Edition/BB Exclusive - It comes with a paper slip cover - Comes with Argul's Tomb and Angel of Death DLC ($50)

#146 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

with sales going on i have been very compulsive and never worried about it since as long as it was new sealed, never got a warning about "excessive returns".

i was able to maintain a silver so i have bought atleast $2000 in the last year, perhaps $3500 but with a $1000 return average - probably a 30% return rate on items...

apparently their 3rd party data people did not like that.

30% is pretty high imo. Is the return ban permanent?

#147 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

30% is pretty high imo. Is the return ban permanent?

i read/saw it somewhere on the bby forum, it varies depending on individual case. It goes from 30-90 days, or beyond

Edited by YBX87, 15 February 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#148 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Only the exclusive Best Buy ones at my store. Sad face.

#149 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Well I was going to pass on this one but I changed my mind and ordered for pickup. Another game in backlog. Is it worth it to find a darksiders 1?

#150 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

i saw it on the bby forum, it varies depending on individual case. It goes from 30-90 days, or beyond

Why would anyone buy a bunch of stuff and return 30% or more of it? That seems really crazy, I can understand why they have to limit someone from doing that.