Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#241 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Agreed. My only problem was that I was using $15 RZ bux for something that was 14.99 so I needed a filler item. I threw in Epic Mickey 2 and will immediately resell it on eBay. New looks like it's going for between $15 and $22 which is enough for me to at least break even on the filler item which is all I want.

Completely off topic of Darksiders but slightly relevant... I used 4 $5 Reward Zone coupons I earned from doing the surveys on $20 to PSN.

#242 hawkfan2311

hawkfan2311

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I picked up a PS3 one today. Opened it up later at night. There was no game disc inside!! Brand new sealed game with no disc. This should be interesting telling them this when I return it tomorrow afternoon.

#243 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I picked up a PS3 one today. Opened it up later at night. There was no game disc inside!! Brand new sealed game with no disc. This should be interesting telling them this when I return it tomorrow afternoon.

reminds me of a fun story at gamestop once well then it was EB games. bought the gamecube at launch and tony hawk 3 didnt have a disc in the case. that was a fun but i got the game after a few minutes in part because they werent a-holes and we got along alright enough.

so yes it does happen!

#244 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I bought the game with in store pickup yesterday morning, hoping that would give me a chance to get the LE for the same price. I was very to happy to see that when I went to pick up the game after work that they had pulled a LE copy for me :D. I also bought Pokemon white 2 for my wife and used $20 worth of certs I've been hoarding from the daily Bestbuy polls on Facebook so both games only cost us $10 and tax. Got $4 back on epic Mickey too when i bought it for $15 a few weeks ago.

#245 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

le wrang up as 44.99 - had to run back and get the vanilla for $14.99 (still a pretty good deal) if i got all the dlc it would still be cheaper than $59.99 when it came out.

i'll probably sell it once i beat it.

#246 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

le wrang up as 44.99 - had to run back and get the vanilla for $14.99 (still a pretty good deal) if i got all the dlc it would still be cheaper than $59.99 when it came out.

i'll probably sell it once i beat it.

That's what happened to me! I just want to know what the hell these guys are doing to get the LE! Are you guys getting the BB LE or some kind of regular LE?

660090.png 660091.png

#247 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I bought the game with in store pickup yesterday morning, hoping that would give me a chance to get the LE for the same price. I was very to happy to see that when I went to pick up the game after work that they had pulled a LE copy for me :D. I also bought Pokemon white 2 for my wife and used $20 worth of certs I've been hoarding from the daily Bestbuy polls on Facebook so both games only cost us $10 and tax. Got $4 back on epic Mickey too when i bought it for $15 a few weeks ago.

I called the John Handcock BB and put Darksiders II and Pokemon Black 2 on hold. I got the Darksiders II LE too. This Limited Edition probably not all that limited. :bouncy:

#248 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Why would anyone buy a bunch of stuff and return 30% or more of it? That seems really crazy, I can understand why they have to limit someone from doing that.

if you buy alot of items out of compulsion bacause they are on sale you are going to either spend a lot of money unwisely or have alot of returns.

i do a little of both.

#249 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

That's what happened to me! I just want to know what the hell these guys are doing to get the LE! Are you guys getting the BB LE or some kind of regular LE?

i think the cashier is forcing the 14.99 price for them - it did not automatically ring up as 14.99. i didn't want to create a problem since i am trying to fly under the radar and still boycotting them.

#250 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I should probably clarify: the LE I got was the holofoil cover art copy with a voucher for free DLC (Argul's (sp?) Tomb I believe). It was NOT the LE that has the mask statue. That would have been crazy awesome, but honestly I haven't even seen one of those LEs in any store, just online.

Does anyone know if the DLC voucher expires? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and redeem it asap.

#251 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I should probably clarify: the LE I got was the holofoil cover art copy with a voucher for free DLC (Argul's (sp?) Tomb I believe). It was NOT the LE that has the mask statue. That would have been crazy awesome, but honestly I haven't even seen one of those LEs in any store, just online.

Does anyone know if the DLC voucher expires? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and redeem it asap.

Well, the LE's at my local store are LE's that have BB exclusives in them. Is that what you have?

660090.png 660091.png

#252 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

CE is still 80 that sucks

#253 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

There's a BB LE and a regular LE, they have different UPCs so that's why the BB one rings up at full price

#254 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

saw 6 copies at a best buy i went to,heh i can wait for the wii u launch games to bomb in price

good price though. was tempted

#255 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Tried again. Can confirm non-BB exclusive LE did ring up to $15. No online PM needed. Very helpful floor rep even started making new display price tags to refelct sale price.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#256 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

The one for the armor shows expired but still works. The one for the level which you have to redeem on their website didn't work for me. I was surprised the website came up at all. This was for Xbox.

#257 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

gonna go back out there for epic mickey.

as for darksiders are there any tips and suggestions you guys have before i start playing this game ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#258 Noriyuke127

Noriyuke127

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I snagged one, great deal, it was right around my price range too lol. Sucked i couldnt find a limited edition at that price tho.
Posted Image

#259 CandyCaptain

CandyCaptain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for this! I needed to get my brother something for his birthday!(It's tomorrow, so this worked out great. Since he loved the first! :D)

#260 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

The Tomb DLC code expires on 8/21/13. You have to enter it at the website, then they will post your Xbox Live redemption code. Remember to enter the dash, or it won't work!

#261 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Do NOT pull the one with a holo slip cover, only the normal LE, with just a holo artwork on the case will ring at $15.

#262 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Anyone think there's a chance this will drop to $10 at some point in the next six months or so? The CAG in me must know.

#263 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yup, grabbed the last limited edition (with no slip cover) at my local store and it scanned for $14.99 although the shelf and bb.com said $49.99. Thanks for sharing this deal!

#264 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Picked up the PS3 limited edition version (not BB exclusive) for 15 bucks no override or anything. If for some reason though that edition starts to ring up 15 or 20 bucks or so I would defiantly return mine for that one.

#265 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

A day or so ago my local Best Buy had 3 regular editions and 3 limited editions. None of the BB exclusive LE. Today when I went there was only 1 regular and 1 limited. Both were hidden behind some used games but both were brand new. Someone tried to hide them for sure. I grabbed the LE and it rang up as $14.99 no override needed.

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal!

#266 Miketheking

Miketheking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Got it in store the limited edition with free dlc

#267 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sweet deal. Want to thank the CAG who said the Limited Edition without the Bestbuy sticker was $15. Picked up the last no sticker copy with no problem. The UPC that worked ended in 382, the other 2 had a different UPC so they might not work.

#268 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Seriously people! Why the same questions over and over again?
Here is the answer to the two questions that keep getting asked:

1- If you want to get the game for $15 you have to get the Vanilla version or the LE that DOES NOT have "BESTBUY Exclusive" On it.
2- The developer and publisher went out of business. You may find this cheaper down the road, but it's unlikely and the game may even go out of print and become scarce.

Now ask some new questions.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#269 streakermaximus

streakermaximus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Nice find.
I was worried this would be hard to find with THQ shutting down.

#270 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I went ahead and picked up the last copy at my store. I bought it around launch when I had BB match a sale TRU had that week when I could get Sleeping Dogs and DS2 for $60 total. I ended up trading it in without ever playing it due to being able to get more than I paid, but I kept the slipcover and DLC cards so I should be all set now. Still need to finish the first one as I've been sitting at about 80% for a year or so now.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.